• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Jinder's being booked in a world title program. Owens' out here wrestling jobbers after being booked like shit for a while.

How that make you feel?

Owens and AJ have both been in the Main Event picture for almost over a year nothing wrong with having a change for a bit. They are protecting them by not having them just lose to Orton.

If you want kill your main title and Smackdown​ then sure it is the best case scenario.

One stupid match isn't going to ruin Smackdown...

Shit Randy Orton was beaten down by Das Wunderkind Erick Rowan the week before and he might actually be a bigger jobber than Jinder...

gi3egvY.gif

Expressing discontent about something they used to or still follow, hoping that it will become better, is valid, no matter how extreme it is. And, regardless of whether or not I'd do the same thing if I was in such place, it's easy to understand that current or old fans have a hard time letting go from something they most likely grew up loving or, at least, the closest thing to what they grew up loving. And that's not even taking in consideration other reasons, like the person might still watch something they hate because there are performers they like and want to see succeed, or because they watch with friends, or because they like being part of a community, etc.

There are a bunch of reasons to be optimistic, but there are a bunch of reasons to be pessimist and even more reasons to keep complaining and/or watching. This is coming from someone who's been optimistic about SD since the split and watch the good bits of RAW instead of the bits I know I'll dislike.
Who was that Iraq propaganda minister who became a meme during the Dubya years

Because that's who I immediately think of every time certain people here and elsewhere swear WWE does nothing wrong ever and everyone's happy all the time

Heroman

Banned
One stupid match isn't going to ruin Smackdown...

Shit Randy Orton was beaten down by Das Wunderkind Erick Rowan the week before and he might actually be a bigger jobber than Jinder...
The more you show that Smackdown is the b show the more people stop caring and this match up is one of those things that will make people stop caring about it.

Rowan actually won more than 2 matches before, jinder hasn't

Tbh. I don't see Owens in the main title picture again until he goes face honestly and hell that won't be for at least a year.

And still watch Raw I bet like everyone else who complains about the product.
He alao watchws TNA. He's not quite right tbh

cordy

Banned
Owens and AJ have both been in the Main Event picture for almost over a year nothing wrong with having a change for a bit. They are protecting them by not having them just lose to Orton.

Man you know Styles will get fed to Orton before Big Breakfast rolls up to the table. Owens hasn't woken up yet, he doesn't get time to eat.
He alao watchws TNA. He's not quite right tbh

Last time I saw TNA, Jeff Hardy couldn't kick out.

Expressing discontent about something they used to or still follow, hoping that it will become better, is valid, no matter how extreme it is. And, regardless of whether or not I'd do the same thing if I was in such place, it's easy to understand that current or old fans have a hard time letting go from something they most likely grew up loving or, at least, the closest thing to what they grew up loving. And that's not even taking in consideration other reasons, like the person might still watch something they hate because there are performers they like and want to see succeed, or because they watch with friends, or because they like being part of a community, etc.

There are a bunch of reasons to be optimistic, but there are a bunch of reasons to be pessimist and even more reasons to keep complaining and/or watching. This is coming from someone who's been optimistic about SD since the split and watch the good bits of RAW instead of the bits I know I'll dislike.

I said some... many of the same people bitching here are the same ones who bitch about literally everything else... for months... it actually kinda just makes Jinder me Tinders #1 Contender seem like less of a big bad horrible thing because instead of it being some big reason to be upset it's just reason 7530....

The more you show that Smackdown is the b show the more people stop caring and this match up is one of those things that will make people stop caring about it.

Rowan actually won more than 2 matches before, jinder hasn't

Rowan jobbed in his big return debut when Wyatt just used magic to leave him high and dry....

Again it's one match and it might not even be the main event...

No seriously just hear me out for a second ahem

Clears throat and reveals 8000 page PowerPoint from esophagus

What if your complaints.......Were actually compliments *audience erupts into applause*

Anth0ny

is the fake sports thread devolving to "this shit is dumb!" vs "not as dumb as this shit!" arguments

it's all dumb

wwe is dumb

it's fake

i just want to see strong style

Who was that Iraq propaganda minister who became a meme during the Dubya years

Because that's who I immediately think of every time certain people here and elsewhere swear WWE does nothing wrong ever and everyone's happy all the time

WWE does a lot of things wrong, up to and including putting the belt on Randy Orton...

You constantly have this weird thing where you kinda imply that anyone who isn't yelling about how much WWE sucks at everything must think WWE is awesome at everything...

And yes Jinder #1 Contender is dumb, stupid but it's also fucking hilarious.... Like legit funny as fuck

And look I get hating the product, I don't, but I get it, that's why I highly recommend that instead of every week creating itemized lists of everything that happened on Raw and Smackdown that pisses you off for months and months and months and months and possibly years... that folks just watch something else, keep an eye on results and come back if and when the product seems more in tune with what you what....

Or sure just keep watching every week and yelling to no effect... whatever floats your boat.

Everything's
Fine

I swear

Can I ask you something does the thought of someone enjoying WWE (for any of the myriad of reasons) upset you?

Like as I said above no one here who enjoys it thinks it's a perfect product like at all. I certainly don't and I have been critical of many things... I just also quite enjoy many other things so I talk about that more... because it's more fun.

Heroman

Banned
Rowan jobbed in his big return debut when Wyatt just used magic to leave him high and dry....

Again it's one match and it might not even be the main event...
It a first WWE Championship match post WM that is supposed to so you what is in store for SD till SS that will main event the show.

is the fake sports thread devolving to "this shit is dumb!" vs "not as dumb as this shit!" arguments

it's all dumb

wwe is dumb

it's fake

i just want to see strong style
It's all dumb and wwe will live longer than your greatest grandchildren no matter how much you want it to die!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE does a lot of things wrong, up to and including putting the belt on Randy Orton...

You constantly have this weird thing where you kinda imply that anyone who isn't yelling about how much WWE sucks at everything must think WWE is awesome at everything...

And yes Jinder #1 Contender is dumb, stupid but it's also fucking hilarious.... Like legit funny as fuck

And look I get hating the product, I don't, but I get it, that's why I highly recommend that instead of every week creating itemized lists of everything that happened on Raw and Smackdown that pisses you off for months and months and months and months and possibly years... that folks just watch something else, keep an eye on results and come back if and when the product seems more in tune with what you what....

Or sure just keep watching every week and yelling to no effect... whatever floats your boat.

Can I ask you something does the thought of someone enjoying WWE (for any of the myriad of reasons) upset you?

Like as I said above no one here who enjoys it thinks it's a perfect product like at all. I certainly don't and I have been critical of many things... I just also quite enjoy many other things so I talk about that more... because it's more fun.

I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't mean some kind of crazy long term push for Jinder just because he did a bunch of steroids (and/or "supplements."). I mean, it doesn't fucking matter, does it? He's not going to beat Orton for the title and be the headliner of SDL. It almost doesn't matter which geek is going after the title because the crowds/fans are going to want AJ Styles, end of story. I think the idea is going to be Jinder for a little bit, then Corbin, then AJ.

Nekofrog

Banned
I had an epiphany the other night during the six pack challenge match on smackdown. It was during the spot where each corner had a superplex spot set up to happen at the same time with all members of the Match involved. Normally I absolutely hate these highly choreographed and slow spots, to include things like the tower of Doom multi person spots and I usually groan at how contrived they are

Then I realized what a hypocritical asshole I was being when earlier in the night I watched the elite cut promos teetering on Fourth wall leaking while actually doing wrestling moves at the same time in a match and enjoying every second of it

Fuck it all boys, it's all phony make believe funtainment and we should all stop being so hyper critical about one thing while at the same time enjoying something else that is practically the same thing that we hated before but love because it's being done by people we like at that point in time

I don't know where I'm going with this. Also Becky lunch is still terrible and I'll be a hypocrite again idc

I mean, it doesn't fucking matter, does it? He's not going to beat Orton for the title and be the headliner of SDL.

Keeping this for when jinder wins the title

It a first WWE Championship match post em that is supposed to so you what is in store for SD till SS that will main event the show.

Dude you know who the post Mania feuds for Benoit and then 10 years later Daniel Bryan were post Mania?

Kane... Kane in 2004 was barely credible anymore Kane in 2014 was even less so... This is not the first time some boring contender was put into fill the gap...

Now obviously Jinder doesn't have the credibility issues that Kane has but neither was Kane #1 Contender ever anything seriously worth getting excited about either and nor were either Kane feuds about giving you a taste of what's in store come Summerslam, they were filler feuds.

Heroman

Banned
Dude you know who the post Mania feuds for Benoit and then 10 years later Daniel Bryan were post Mania?

Kane... Kane in 2004 was barely credible anymore Kane in 2014 was even less so... This is not the first time some boring contender was put into fill the gap...

Now obviously Jinder doesn't have the credibility issues that Kane has but neither was Kane #1 Contender ever anything seriously worth getting excited about either and nor were either Kane feuds about giving you a taste of what's in store come Summerslam, they were filler feuds.
Kane vs DB feud was supposed to build DB for that Brock match that never happen . And I don't like Kane but Kane had way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way more credibility than jinder

I had an epiphany the other night during the six pack challenge match on smackdown. It was during the spot where each corner had a superplex spot set up to happen at the same time with all members of the Match involved. Normally I absolutely hate these highly choreographed and slow spots, to include things like the tower of Doom multi person spots and I usually groan at how contrived they are

Then I realized what a hypocritical asshole I was being when earlier in the night I watched the elite cut promos teetering on Fourth wall leaking while actually doing wrestling moves at the same time in a match and enjoying every second of it

Fuck it all boys, it's all phony make believe funtainment and we should all stop being so hyper critical about one thing while at the same time enjoying something else that is practically the same thing that we hated before but love because it's being done by people we like at that point in time

I don't know where I'm going with this. Also Becky lunch is still terrible and I'll be a hypocrite again idc

The whole Jinder thing is comedy... he wins a #1 Contender's match for the big title in the first hour of the show and then is a total after thought as Randy literally turns away from a stare down with Jinder to face the hard camera, as if Jinder isn't even there anymore, and talks about Bray whilst Jinder just stares at him doing nothing... and then Bray comes on the video screen and poof Jinder isn't even in he ring anymore....

Dumb, silly and really funny.

Kane vs DB feud was supposed to build DB for that Brock match that never happen . And I don't like Kane bit Kane had way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way more credibility than jinder

I'm aware but the concept applies... Kane was in both cases filler feud that no one expected to amount to anything important... because was just a guy for the champ to beat... that's Jinder a guy for the camp to beat...

And beating Kane in 04 or 14 isn't a big feat (well unless you're Luke Harper then it'd be like winning the damn title... ;)

But they're fine losing to each other?

Yes...

They're Owens and Styles, losing to each other isn't going to hurt them...

Especially since the feud is going to be great and the matches great too...

Jinder Mahal is being put in this position because he has a roided up body now. Thats all. And that is the message McMahon is sending to the locker room too. If Jinder wasnt on the juice, he wouldnt be in this position.

The ridiculousness of the booking aside, this really shouldnt be acceptable.

Jinder Mahal is being put in this position because he has a roided up body now. Thats all. And that is the message McMahon is sending to the locker room too. If Jinder wasnt on the juice, he wouldnt be in this position.

The ridiculousness of the booking aside, this really shouldnt be acceptable.

i think this has been in the works for a couple of years now. Like, if they knew they were going to give the India market a shot in the arm, it was probably easier for them to groom one person for the job rather than throw 5 at the board to see who sticks. i think jinder has been the plan all along and, yes, maybe that even opens up the possibility of Vince looking the other way from the juicing.

Top Bottom