• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

bart jr

Neo Member
Oh wow, I just found out that Mick Foley will be doing a stand-up comedy show like 5 minutes from my place next week. Depending on how my financial situation is after Synergy/Extreme Rules(THIS WEEKEND, AHHHH), I may have to check that out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, I just found out that Mick Foley will be doing a stand-up comedy show like 5 minutes from my place next week. Depending on how my financial situation is after Synergy/Extreme Rules(THIS WEEKEND, AHHHH), I may have to check that out.

Sounds neat. I hear he's kinda ehhh at comedy, but still should be fun to experience.

Axiom

Probably one of the saddest and nerdiest moments of my life occurred today, and that's saying something considering I've worn a Doctor Who costume in a bar.

CM Punk retweeted me and when I discovered this, a 29 year old man went running up and down his house doing Daniel Bryan YES chants.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did anyone think Punk was going to reveal something big? It seems like they building to some sort of reveal but it never happened.

No, Punk was, as far as I can tell, legitimatly leaving WWE, yes it was a worked shoot, but I'm quite sure he got pretty much carte blanche on that one. I think it was just venting.

They convinced him to stay and then botched the storyline by bringing him back too quickly, which Punk said was because they needed/wanted a big main event for Summerslam and therefor brought him back so soon.

But I doubt the promo itself had any other intent then Punk venting 5 years of frustrations. I'm sure he was allowed to do the promo, and that they maybe told him to keep it PG, but other then that, I do think he did the promo thinking it was one of his last ones and not thinking about the aftermath after MITB.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably one of the saddest and nerdiest moments of my life occurred today, and that's saying something considering I've worn a Doctor Who costume in a bar.

CM Punk retweeted me and when I discovered this, a 29 year old man went running up and down his house doing Daniel Bryan YES chants.

Oh Axiom. I too am a member of the "someone who I think is great RTed me" and when Batista DMed me via Twitter, I got a legit boner.

BATISTA<3

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, WWE is uploading some cool stuff on YouTube and it's not country restricted for once.

Jericho's Greenberg promo on Thunder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C8a4_4ZDMM complete with Ralphus!

<3

According to Jericho's first book, Goldberg was so pissed off from this.

WCW's Jericho was so awesome. They're so stupid for never pushing him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, WWE is uploading some cool stuff on YouTube and it's not country restricted for once.

Jericho's Greenberg promo on Thunder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C8a4_4ZDMM

<3

According to Jericho's first book, Goldberg was so pissed off from this.

WCW's Jericho was so awesome. They're so stupid for never pushing him.

He was awesome, but he did get pushed! He was no main eventer in WCW, though. Nope nope nope, I agree that he belonged as the King of the Midcard, rubbin' shoulders with nWo lategame Black and White and Norman Smiley! (I love Norman Smiley.)

Aiii

So not worth it
A midcard push is no push. :)

Of course I meant he was really main event material with that character.

-edit: Then again, I guess midcard was the highest anyone who wasn't in the nWo could be pushed aside from Sting and Goldberg.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A midcard push is no push. :)

Of course I meant he was really main event material with that character.

-edit: Then again, I guess midcard was the highest anyone who wasn't in the nWo could be pushed aside from Sting and Goldberg.

That's a good point - in fact, the main event level was virtually uncrackable for anyone, save Goldberg, to make inroads to. Let me glance at a couple WCW PPVs later on in the game and see who did manage main event status, that wasn't a WWF vacationer/etc...

WCW Souled Out: 98 = Macho Man vs Luger (WWF vacation)
Souled Out 99 = Goldberg vs Scott Hall (Goldberg/WWF Vacation)
Souled Out 2000 = Benoit vs Sid (Sid Vacation, Benoit!!!)

Around 2000 is when others had a chance!

Superbrawl 99 has Hogan vs Flair, 98 was Sting vs Hogan...
Uncensored 2000 was Hogan vs Flair in that ol' Yappa'Pi match... 1999 was...goddamn Flair vs Hogan AGAIN. Holy shit, how often did those two get into it!?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
*tear*

What an amazing promo. Shame absolutely nothing came from that.

I don't know, at least we got the best PPV of last year. Sucks that they squandered the mainstream attention they were getting because HHH wanted dat spotlight. Gotta get them young stars over.

RBH

Observer stuff:

--They are now targeting somewhere between October and December to kick off the network.

--The 1,000th episode of Raw special will be 7/23 in St. Louis, which will be a three-hour live show.

--The 4/23 show was at one point earmarked for the draft. I&#8217;ve heard rumblings of the draft being on the three-hour show on 6/11 from Hartford but anything that far out is subject to change. There was talk last week about not even bothering with a draft, given that everyone is on Raw every week anyway and guys like McIntyre, Del Rio, Kane and Show have switched brands back and forth. There is the feeling that some wrestlers need a change of scenery, with Ziggler&#8217;s and Orton&#8217;s name being mentioned, but the Smackdown house shows need Orton unless they move Punk to Smackdown and make him the star of the show, but then you get the title situation as Punk would have to lose, but if he lost and switched, that would end the Jericho program and that program has life left in it.

--On Smackdown, it was announced that Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez are now officially on the Smackdown brand. Apparently John Laurinaitis traded them to himself for future considerations.

Ultratech

Dude, someone with photoshop skills needs to put Vader's mask on that pic of Vince.

6T81u.png
image.php
6T81u.png
image.php
6T81u.png

Challenge accepted.

3tnFQ.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't know, at least we got the best PPV of last year. Sucks that they squandered the mainstream attention they were getting because HHH wanted dat spotlight. Gotta get them young stars over.

Well, I don't really have an issue with Hunner getting in the mix since he is clearly over, and the crowd will always be hot for him, and he was only in the mix to fix the fact that they wouldn't let Nash wrestle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The draft needs to happen just to see Laurinaitis getting super pumped about one of his shows getting new acquisitions while simultaneously lamenting one of his stars leaving his other show.

I would like to see this too, that is an excellent idea.

First day of the annual All Japan Champion Carnival! Featuring, a send-off 6-way tag match for BUSHI (who has been loaned to New Japan to gain experience), and 6 Champion Carnival matches. In Block A, Daisuke Sekimoto faces Masayuki Kono in a hard-hitting bout, Yuji Nagata takes on KENSO and, in the main event, Suwama goes up against Takao Omori. Meanwhile, in Block B, Yuji Okabayashi takes on young rookie Takumi Soya, Taiyo Kea tries to overcome ex-Yokozuna Sumo Akebono and a tough match between Manabu Soya & Seiya Sanada;

AJPW, "CHAMPION CARNIVAL 2012", 04.21.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,700 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x21bbq

01. Masanobu Fuchi & Yutaka Yoshie vs Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue

CHAMPION CARNIVAL - BLOCK B MATCH;

02. Yuji Okabayashi vs Takumi Soya

CHAMPION CARNIVAL - BLOCK A MATCH;

03. Daisuke Sekimoto vs Masayuki Kono

04. Akebono vs Taiyo Kea

BUSHI SEND-OFF;

05. KAI, Hiroshi Yamato & BUSHI vs Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Minoru Tanaka

06. Yuji Nagata vs KENSO

07. Seiya Sanada vs Manabu Soya

08. Suwama vs Takao Omori

Definitely check out Sekimoto vs Kono, just a really hard-hitting ten minutes that doesn't let up the pace. Okabayashi vs Takumi Soya is great too, it's hard to believe that Takumi's only been wrestling little over a year, really solid showing from him here against the much tougher and more experienced opponent. Sanada vs Soya is starts off fast, but seems to miss a beat somewhere, although there's some nice spots. The main event is pretty good, with the two big powerhouses of All Japan beating the tar out of each other. Also, Akebono vs Kea - holy shit at that finish
- Kea manages to hit the TKO on Akebono

RBH

World Wrestling Entertainment has released the winner of the most recent Tough Enough season Andy Leavine, who was working in WWE developmental as Kevin Hackman.

Leavine was named the Tough Enough winner for the series' return to cable TV in 2010. Leavine, who was a standout football player in college, had been signed to WWE developmental before being cast for the series.

After winning the Tough Enough season, Leavine was only seen in vignettes about his training to become a WWE star and was never utilized again on the main roster. At one point, he was suspended for a violation of the company's Wellness Policy.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=67847

TMJDNPECEFYBTKN.20110607185526.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What a mess WWE can be. Releasing Levine is foolish...from a "I'm sitting at home talking about a company's direction that I don't know much about in the grand scheme of things but goddammit it's the internet, someone will listen to me" viewpoint.

Kyoufu

What a mess WWE can be. Releasing Levine is foolish...from a "I'm sitting at home talking about a company's direction that I don't know much about in the grand scheme of things but goddammit it's the internet, someone will listen to me" viewpoint.

Silent Rage was always terrible. No idea how he won it.

Top Bottom