• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Sephzilla

So what did you guys think of the Tag Team count down yesterday?

Personally, I think it's a crime that the Dudleys were ranked below E&C and the Hardys.

mHVmnn3.png
That's shopped brah. I do not have a foot fetish. I do NOT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do love that Driveclub being 30FPS is okay because it's on PS4. Sunny knows what's up.

Nobody should be happy about 30fps in general really. No matter the system. Depends on the genre.

strobogo

Banned
Fave Five Comedians:

5. George Carlin
4. Dave Chappelle
3. Jerry Seinfeld
2. Dave Attel
1. Richard Pryor

I think Louis CK and Mitch Hedberg are WAY overrated.

1. Pryor
2. Carlin
3. Cosby

Podcasts have kind of ruined stand up for me because I find all the comedians much funnier and interesting on the podcasts than during the actual stand up shows. The majority of the podcasts I listen to are comedians, but I no longer want to listen to their stand up. Joey Diaz is on some next level shit, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cosby is friggin' amazing too. Would be my #6. "Himself" is a comedy classic, hands down. And it's all PG, too. He's fantastic. Cosby had probably the best timing of anyone.

What the heck is wrong with you guys?

Travelling vast distances alone, arriving at your destination, having a look around for an hour, then turning back?

Remember Strobogo's epic road trip? It's like he got in his car with the intention of going to Mcdonald's and thought, "Hey, California has a McDonald's, I should go to that one."

And when he gets there, he goes through the drive-thru, eats in the parking lot, and drives back for 20 hours.

Sephzilla

So, I kind of need to shoot for a second and also ask a general question to the rest of you. What's your opinion on gimmick posting? Maybe I've just had too many run ins with bad gimmick posters, but I general find gimmick posting to be awful. It feels like I've seen way too many good conversations (not necessarily here) ruined because someone remembered they had a gimmick to maintain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, I kind of need to shoot for a second and also ask a general question to the rest of you. What's your opinion on gimmick posting? Maybe I've just had too many run ins with bad gimmick posters, but I general find gimmick posting to be awful.

Depends on the gimmick. Most of our FEW gimmick posters are great. I don't know of any that piss me off except one.

EDIT: Oh you mean elsewhere. I hate seeing it on gaming-side. Because truth is stranger than fiction sometimes and people are FUCKING CRAZY.

So what did you guys think of the Tag Team count down yesterday?

Personally, I think it's a crime that the Dudleys were ranked below E&C and the Hardys.

I think it was a crime they were on the list at all. And hey, it's the Universe you should be mad at then. They voted it!

Marvel

could never
Honestly? I don't mind it as long as it's not a long term thing, this Big Dave/Cole thing I got going on is just a phase. And I hope I haven't pissed anyone off. I did try and be witty with most of my posts at least.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Best "gimmick" poster is freenudemacusers. He's the best.

Sephzilla

I think it was a crime they were on the list at all. And hey, it's the Universe you should be mad at then. They voted it!

I always thought the Dudleys were the most well balanced out of the three "TLC" era teams. They had a good gimmick, could have good matches, and were respectable tag team wrestlers. The Hardy Boys were spot monkeys who weren't that good on the mic and weren't technically sound at all. Edge & Christian had great personalities, but I honestly found them fairly boring in the ring.

bjork

So, I kind of need to shoot for a second and also ask a general question to the rest of you. What's your opinion on gimmick posting? Maybe I've just had too many run ins with bad gimmick posters, but I general find gimmick posting to be awful. It feels like I've seen way too many good conversations (not necessarily here) ruined because someone remembered they had a gimmick to maintain.

A gimmick only works if it's the person's true personality turned up to 11.

Chaz was great, I really thought he was the next big thing. Do you remember the Ebony Experience? AKA Harlem Heat!

Nope, my memories of shows from back then are limited, probably because I didn't get to watch them on a regular basis. The angle might've involved Chaz and his "sister" that I remember, I don't know... I use to think that Sean Waltman was also Chaz along with being the Lightning Kid, just to show how messy my memory of that time was. Oh, yeah I remember the Patriot too. I remember being hyped when Kerry Von Erich came to the WWF because I was fan but then he didn't do much beyond his initial push, then got released and found out he killed himself. That was probably the first wrestling death that bummed me out. If he didn't have his accident and get hooked on drugs I still think he would have been been one of the WWF's top guys for at least a few years. He basically had a look similar to Warrior's (though admittedly not as big) but ten times the in ring ability.

Every time I see Ian Rotten's name it takes me back to 2001 when I was living in Jeffersonville, Indiana and going to OVW's TV tapings and non-TV shows while and hearing the IWA marks about how awesome it was only to find out how much of it was complete garbage wrestling. Did get to hear a pissed off Cornette rant about it and his dislike of Ian Rotten and what a piece of shit he is was fun.

Cool spot.

I don't get feet... But I found the source of the original image and it's even less safe for work.

Marvel

could never
I can honestly say I don't find feet sexy, sure certain high heels/thigh boots look boss but it's not making me want to stick toes in my mouth.

strobogo

Banned
What the heck is wrong with you guys?

Travelling vast distances alone, arriving at your destination, having a look around for an hour, then turning back?

Remember Strobogo's epic road trip? It's like he got in his car with the intention of going to Mcdonald's and thought, "Hey, California has a McDonald's, I should go to that one."

And when he gets there, he goes through the drive-thru, eats in the parking lot, and drives back for 20 hours.

It kind of was like that, but it was at an In-N-Out, not McDonald's. I just wanted to get away from the house/family/state. The drive was more important than the destination. I got to see a whole lot of the country that I had never seen before and now have some places I'd like to revisit. Like New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona.

I can honestly say I don't find feet sexy, sure certain high heels/thigh boots look boss but it's not making me want to stick toes in my mouth.

Yeah, I can admire a nice set of gams, sexy boots, stockings and all that but feet? Don't get it, my attraction stops just above the ankle.

But I guess that's why it's called a fetish.

Striker

I always thought the Dudleys were the most well balanced out of the three "TLC" era teams. They had a good gimmick, could have good matches, and were respectable tag team wrestlers. The Hardy Boys were spot monkeys who weren't that good on the mic and weren't technically sound at all. Edge & Christian had great personalities, but I honestly found them fairly boring in the ring.
Hardy's and E&C were definitely fun to watch. If you're going to complain about ring work for whatever reason, why ignore the #1 selection? I don't get why people harp on it so much; it's silly to see everybody all caught up in that and only that when discussing the top talents.

But seeing the list, there's a lot of left off notables. Steiner Bros? Arn/Tully? Hart Foundation? Hall and Nash as well. Can knock off the Rock 'N Sock Connection for one, but really doesn't matter. It's another listwarz thing they do to spark debates.

Top Bottom