• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

It's Batista's face. It was leaner and more angular. Now, it looks mushy and plump. That gif that showed how he looked in Evolution v.1 vs. how he looks now made that contrast stark.

New Paige:
hqdefault.jpg

It doesn't matter how much he actually lost, what matters is that a huge part of what the Batista character was based on his size. When that's lost, you're just left with a mediocre wrestler and promo.

Sephzilla

Totally off topic, but even after all of the railing I do on Nintendo for being fairly outdated in some of their gaming philosophies... I'm enjoying my Wii-U a lot more than I thought I would.

strobogo

Banned
Every time I think about my trip to Italy, I have no idea A. What the fuck I was thinking and B. How I didn't die.

I had never even traveled out of the state on my own and I decide I'm just going to fly off to Rome for a week by myself with zero plans. Drive to Cincy to fly to NYC on one of those 50 seater planes. Enter JFK through the fucking basement, and nearly miss my flight because I was at the wrong gate until about 5 minutes before take off. 12 hours later or so, I'm in Rome. Didn't realize that they had specifically marked city taxis and anyone without the markings are scammers fucking you out of money. So I legit shoot got Gyped. Then my hotel has the whole floor flooded out and they send me to another place. And from there, I spent a week just wandering around and hoping on buses.

Then the 24 hours of travel with Sicily. FUCKING SICILY. A small American white guy deep into Sicily after midnight, where there is no English anywhere and they don't even like main land Italians. My debit card wouldn't work there, a homeless dude tried to get me drunk, I didn't have any way of contacting anyone. Then I got locked out of the train station, had no money, no food. It was a scary day. Then kicked off at the next stop. Finally back to Rome 24 hours later. And a day after that, another 14 hour flight back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's LEGITSHOOK.COM 3-Panel-Jiff, based on Stro's Roman Adventure:

WELCOME TO ROME

inn46aN6dby6d.gif

ibfYooL38Khhfm.gif

i3y31mfQmhObW.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Paige is fine. People have unrealistic expectations of what people look like without makeup. Some people love makeup and turn it into an art. It can make a plain face turn magnificent. Be yo self.

Every time I think about my trip to Italy, I have no idea A. What the fuck I was thinking and B. How I didn't die.

A: We're in the same boat here.

I jumped on the opportunity but have very limited Japanese and no idea/no plans. I'm luckier because of all the help I'm getting from people here, I know the train routes, and I have a WiFi Hotspot for GPS purposes.

I can't carry a conversation, but I can pick up phrases and such if needed. I'm mostly just entering venues/buying stuff though, so its straightforward.

B: Because you're a goddamn legend

strobogo

Banned
I would like to go back sometime, but with a fucking plan and knowing where I am and where I'm going at all times. And skipping out on Sicily. I wanted to go to Corleone, but trains don't run there. It's super tiny. And with a world phone and probably with another person.

So beautiful there. The best food I've ever had and I literally only ate pizza and gelato the entire trip and lost about 12 pounds because I was walking 10-15 miles a day in 90 degree bright as fuck weather. I would get a slice when I went out, one around the half way point, and gelato at the end of the day. It was dope.

Maybe one day....

io0xcz3L3o6ht.gif

Hasney

Totally off topic, but even after all of the railing I do on Nintendo for being fairly outdated in some of their gaming philosophies... I'm enjoying my Wii-U a lot more than I thought I would.

And a free full release with the purchase of Mario Kart 8 is the best deal I've seen in a long time.

The news was so good, our work network went down shortly afterwards which meant I got to go home early. Yay!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Feet make me want to spit. I see one and I get an immediate dusty taste in my mouth and I want to spit, but seeing feet dries out my mouth immediately. No doubt I had some kind of childhood trauma.

strobogo

Banned
I have no pictures left. I had them on a Facebook 6 years ago now that has long since been deactivated. And then I had them saved on my laptop which my welfare fraud cunt cousin stole out of my room at Bateaster the next year. So here are some pictures of where I was anyway:

Where I stayed:

i86qF43M1JhBB.gif

Where I had breakfast:

ieply3IkLDFiv.gif

The view. That's St. Peter's Basilica. Had I not been switched hotels, I would have been super duper lost because at least here I had sight lines to figure out where I was going:

ibiI1aMqBjw92c.gif

It's crazy doing street view of the area and all the sights and sounds come rushing back. 20 year old Stro just wandering around. 26 year old Stro would do it so differently.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only British comedian worth a shit anymore is Russell Brand, and he's much more than just comedy. All the rest suck eggs. Monty Python was good though.

strobogo

Banned
Not a big fan of Brand, his first stand-up tour was ok, but he's got progressively worse since then. Stewart Lee is my favourite at the moment, not sure how well his stuff will translate to US viewers though;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY

He's a terrible stand up. He's enjoyable as a comedic actor. I wouldn't even consider him a stand up comic. His specials were more like one man shows than a stand up show.

Is Jimmy Carr still super popular over there? I've never seen a full special of his, but his sets that I've seen from Just for Laughs have been hilarious.

He's still a relatively big deal yeah.

We have tons of great comedy actors, but not many standups. In terms of my Fave Five, I'd probably put Jimmy Carr, Dave Gorman, Ross Noble, John Oliver/Andy Zaltzman are all worth checking out. And Reginald D Hunter, we're claiming him America.

I can't think of much more beyond that, but I'm not very caught up on the scene.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Comedians:

5. George Carlin
4. Dave Chappelle
3. Jerry Seinfeld
2. Dave Attel
1. Richard Pryor

I think Louis CK and Mitch Hedberg are WAY overrated.

Top Bottom