• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Good morning, guys and gals.

kana3.gif

ROH have launched their USTREAM page, so you can pre-order the ROH/NJPW shows now;

ROH/NJPW, "GLOBAL WARS", 2014.05.10
Ted Reeve Arena, Toronto

http://www.ustream.tv/ringofhonor - $14.95

16:30 PDT | 19:30 EDT | 00:30 UK | 01:30 EU

. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal (c) vs Matt Taven vs Silas Young vs Tomasso Ciampa
. Michael Elgin vs Takaaki Watanabe
. Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Karl Anderson) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Gedo)
. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado)
. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs Forever Hooligans vs Time Splitters
. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole (c) vs Kevin Steen

ROH/NJPW, "WAR OF THE WORLDS", 2014.05.17
Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC

http://www.ustream.tv/ringofhonor - $14.95

16:30 PDT | 19:30 EDT | 00:30 UK | 01:30 EU

. ROH World Tag Team Titles: The Young Bucks (c) vs reDRagon
. Shinsuke Nakamura vs loser of Adam Cole/Kevin Steen
. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal (c) vs KUSHIDA
. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Winner of Adam Cole/Kevin Steen (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs The Briscoes
. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Michael Elgin

What the hell, KENTA announced he's leaving NOAH!!!

"NOAH had a press conference today and announced that KENTA will be leaving the promotion. His last match will be on May 17th at Korakuern Hall in Tokyo. He did not say he was going to WWE, but earlier this year went to the US to participate in WWE Tryout last January, which at the time he said "was just training"."

Woah, guess he finally got sick of being a big fish in a small pond. Also, poor NOAH. They're struggling hard for main eventers.

Friend Bootaaay, how long do you think Eva Marie would last in Shimmer? In any capacity, even.

At her current rate of progress, she wouldn't even get on the pre-show. Gotta work your way up to SHIMMER.

serpentine said:

I really hope not. On the other hand, what good does it do for AJ to have him debut and then lose in his first match? Really not sure how this'll turn out.
Okada wins

Rapstah

Yuke's are suckers for re-using content so I wouldn't be surprised if this year's batch of new characters is just the Usos (who were DLC for '13 but weren't in 2k14 for some reason), Curtis Axel (who was in '12 as Michael McGillicutty but apparently couldn't be put in 2k14 because new music and a new Titantron is hard work) and Bray Wyatt as a re-use of the Husky Harris move-set and model with a beard and clothes.

Also, expect some characters who debuted in late 2013 or early 2014 to be DLC without any explanation. Xavier Woods DLC.

Boots and FallingEdge are total Bastard McBastards

KICKING ME WHEN I'M NOT HERE EH

PS I've been freaking going all Uber Tourist on Osaka so what'd I miss in wrasslin

strobogo

Banned
The HD burial gif wasn't from the Network. It was from WWE's youtube page. They uploaded that match in September of last year. It had been waiting the whole time.

KENTA says he's leaving NOAH to compete in the "major leagues". Apparently Bryan recommended him to WWE and KENTA will supposedly join up with the WWE crew on the upcoming tour of Japan in early July.

What's the deal with Yoshi Tatsu anyway? Is he just not good, still in development or WWE is just not giving him a chance for who knows why?

He's a good technical wrestler, trained by Yuji Nagata at the New Japan dojo, and definitely has potential, but it's largely been squandered by WWE - perhaps his poor English have hurt him, but I think they're content to just have him as a jobber guy and the token Japanese wrestler to put in the main events when they tour Japan.

Here he is wrestling Bryan a decade ago;

Bryan Danielson vs Naofumi Yamamoto - (NJPW 07/19/04)

What's the deal with Yoshi Tatsu anyway? Is he just not good, still in development or WWE is just not giving him a chance for who knows why?
He's not bad. Like Boots said, maybe he didn't learn enough English. He's probably the lowest of the low on the jobber scale right now. Dude lost a match by count out after being thrown into the steps

Jamie OD

What the hell, KENTA announced he's leaving NOAH!!!

"NOAH had a press conference today and announced that KENTA will be leaving the promotion. His last match will be on May 17th at Korakuern Hall in Tokyo. He did not say he was going to WWE, but earlier this year went to the US to participate in WWE Tryout last January, which at the time he said "was just training"."

Woah, guess he finally got sick of being a big fish in a small pond. Also, poor NOAH. They're struggling hard for main eventers.

Forgot about his tryout. Gotta start figuring out his NXT name.

DDT, "MAX BUMP", 2014.04.29
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
2,200 Fans

1. Yukio Sakaguchi & Masa Takanashi vs Guanchulo & Shunma Katsumata
2. Iron Man Heavymetal Title Battle Royale: Sanshiro Takagi (c) vs MIKAMI, Yasu Urano, Michael Nakazawa, Soma Takao, Kazuki Hirata, Antonio Honda, Toru Owashi & Super Sasadango Machine
3. HARASHIMA & Tomomitsu Matsunaga vs Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo
4. All Asia Tag Titles: Jun Akiyama & Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Shigehiro Irie & Keisuke Ishii
5. KO-D Six Man Tag Titles: Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega & Daisuke Sasaki (c) vs Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & YOSHIHIKO
6. KO-D Openweight Title: KUDO (c) vs Akito

Jamie OD said:
Forgot about his tryout. Gotta start figuring out his NXT name.

Should just use his real name, Kenta Kobayashi. He's never really struck me as a gimmick sort of guy, so it'll be really weird to see what he ends up as if he goes to NXT.

Your poor English hasn't held you back.

Lol, that was meant to be 'English skills'. Also, fuck you :p

Sblargh

Banned
KENTA says he's leaving NOAH to compete in the "major leagues". Apparently Bryan recommended him to WWE and KENTA will supposedly join up with the WWE crew on the upcoming tour of Japan in early July.

He's a good technical wrestler, trained by Yuji Nagata at the New Japan dojo, and definitely has potential, but it's largely been squandered by WWE - perhaps his poor English have hurt him, but I think they're content to just have him as a jobber guy and the token Japanese wrestler to put in the main events when they tour Japan.

Here he is wrestling Bryan a decade ago;

Bryan Danielson vs Naofumi Yamamoto - (NJPW 07/19/04)

Goddamn, I love this kind of match. Jesus, Bryan does stuff that look like it hurt.
...I guess some of that stuff actually hurt, tho, right?

Submission Bryan is the best Bryan, imo. As for the topic at hand, he is good at being hurt by Bryan, I guess.

Alucard

Banned
Oh my God this cannot be true:

Tna spoiler

Eric and mvp had a match and it ended in a dq and Kenny king and lashly came out and turned heel as well attacking ey

What the hell is happening over there. Hey at there is a new
nation of domination
in 2014

Kenny King is already a heel. The other name isn't, but whatev. Wrestlers turn heel.

Unless you mean that
MVP turned heel?

Edit: just read back a page or two and saw the spoiler. That's...something. I'll be interested to see the speech from the new heel to hear his justification.

thuway

This is my first serious post over on WrassleGAF. I don't understand the in-jokes, why I should care about NJPW, and some of the super dark insults go way over my head. That said, this and the Android thread are the only two I consistently visit here on the OT.

---

Daniel Bryan might as well not be champion any more. The man isn't on television whatsoever. He spent nearly a year getting into the main event at Wrestlemania, beat HHH/Orton/Batista in one night, became the unified champion, and suddenly disappeared.

I understand Daniel Bryan got married AND had a family death all within the same month. However, this was not the time to get married, and I am a firm believer in striking the Iron while it's hot. Right now he's slowly blurring into obscurity as both the Shield, Bray Wyatt, and Hornswoggle look to take relevance.

Not from round here, but I heard a lot of smarks complain that having Punk be competitive with Brock in any way was ridiculous (cause lol skinny mma fatass), and Brock should just have squashed him.

I loved that match.

Marvel

could never
Guys such as Punk and Bryan are more believable vs Bork than over half the current roster because of their martial art backgrounds.

Sblargh

Banned
This is my first serious post over on WrassleGAF. I don't understand the in-jokes, why I should care about NJPW, and some of the super dark insults go way over my head. That said, this and the Android thread are the only two I consistently visit here on the OT.

---

Daniel Bryan might as well not be champion any more. The man isn't on television whatsoever. He spent nearly a year getting into the main event at Wrestlemania, beat HHH/Orton/Batista in one night, became the unified champion, and suddenly disappeared.

I understand Daniel Bryan got married AND had a family death all within the same month. However, this was not the time to get married, and I am a firm believer in striking the Iron while it's hot. Right now he's slowly blurring into obscurity as both the Shield, Bray Wyatt, and Hornswoggle look to take relevance.

Jesus, dude, April is not even over and you're already writing the still best worker in the world off while he still brings in the pops on the deadest of crowds and still brings in the ratings.

Also, taking a week off to build the Shield and Bray who are also hot right now is a good thing. The rest of the month went off the wheels, but c'mon, a couple of bad shows in a crazy month with personal shit being wide open and public. If by this time next month, he still looks off, I'll start to worry (probably tho still loving him). Really, all he needs to do is get one very good match out of Kane and there we go.

And again, even if you consider that he took the whole month off, taking the whole month off to build the Shield and Bray still is a good thing as neither of those 4 people can touch him right now. Even if they are indeed building Roman Reigns to be the top dog in the end of the year, they will not put him against Bryan right now. Dude's spot is safe and he has proven a gazillion times now that he can deliver when needed.

Hasney

---

They had the date of the wedding before he knew he was getting the title, so it made sense. Get married the Friday after Wrestlemania so whatever feud he had could be built to, happen and then have a conclusion on the Raw after. it was quite clear they didn't have plans for Bryan in the main event until around Elimination Chamber at the earliest, so blame WWE.

That said, even if he was there, what would be accomplished? Extra build for Kane/Bryan? It wouldn't have done anything to garner interest and Bryan was one of the only things Monday to get that sucky crowd to take notice.

They need a new heel and quick. Wyatt could get them through Payback and MITB if he actually beats Cena. If they wanted to do Brock at SumerSlam, I think Ceasaro should get a shot at Battleground and use that as build to Brock.

Guys such as Punk and Bryan are more believable vs Bork than over half the current roster because of their martial art backgrounds.

So what you're saying is that they should bring back X-Pac to feud with Brock. I concur.

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah, since apparently both Cesaro and WWE wants him to play heel, feuding with Bryan is not only a good idea, but might be a good reason for why he did not took the IC belt.

And Paul Heyman can totally sell: "My client Brock Lesnar broke the undertaker streak, what stops my client Cesaro from breaking Bryan?"

Ithil

---

Weddings are booked months in advance, what was he supposed to do, cancel it? Just so he can not miss one RAW?

Striker

Not from round here, but I heard a lot of smarks complain that having Punk be competitive with Brock in any way was ridiculous (cause lol skinny mma fatass), and Brock should just have squashed him.

I loved that match.
The fact he needed help to beat him was silly, yes.

Better booking was in his match with Eddie Guerrero. Goldberg's spear, plus his reversal of the F5 into a DDT that landed on the WWE title, then the frog splash was enough to take him out.

Sblargh

Banned
Also, now I'm getting hyped by my own fantasy booking.

Cesaro and Bryan feud for a while, eventually Bryan comes out on top; Heyman then turn on Cesaro and it's Bork vs Cesaro at Summerslam with Bork still being undefeated. After that, Laser vs Danielson starts to build for WM 31.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

---

Welcome goddammit welcome! Fave Five? In transit so I can't say more.

Marvel

could never
Going to ask a Mod to change my username at some point I want something shorter and easier for people to type.

Top Bottom