• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc System Works USA teases a fighting game coming to Steam on Twitter

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Battle Fantasia

and I would be ok with it

Xrd on PC
Untitled_normal.png

epmode

So long as this isn't a garbage port and it supports arbitrary resolutions, I'm there on day one. I'm not even big on 2D fighers!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wtf is UNIEL anyway? Xrd revision?

if so you best expect Xrd while consoles get the newest one

Grief.exe

How have Arc's ports been up to this point? May not be relevant though as I'm not familiar with their releases thus far (solely publishing vs actually developing).

Those art styles like Xrd, Persona 5, Valkyria, etc just need to be rendered at 4K.

So long as this isn't a garbage port and it supports arbitrary resolutions, I'm there on day one. I'm not even big on 2D fighers!

The life of a PC gamer monitoring Japanese releases at this point.

Please be Xrd
Please be Xrd
Please be Xrd
Please be a good port
Please be a good port
Please be a good port

wtf is UNIEL anyway? Xrd revision?

if so you best expect Xrd while consoles get the newest one

Under Night In Birth.

And yeah I am aprehensive about this as it could be Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- and if Revalator, the new version, ends up being a new game and not just a patch, the PC version will STILL be behind.

Rhaknar

any pics of that uniel thing? never heard of it and im lazy

Uraizen

Banned
Smoke from Sol's weapon, red from the guilty gear title, and a weird teaser image?!

Family Tennis SP confirmed.

fader

How have Arc's ports been up to this point? May not be relevant though as I'm not familiar with their releases thus far (solely publishing vs actually developing).

All three of the fighting game ports so far have been pretty good imo. No real major issues, tiny issues at launch but there fixed rather quickly.

DrArchon

It can't be XRD. If history is anything to go by, ASW will only add that to Steam once Revelator is out on consoles.

Nyoro SF

Those art styles like Xrd, Persona 5, Valkyria, etc just need to be rendered at 4K.

The life of a PC gamer monitoring Japanese releases at this point.

Please be Xrd
Please be Xrd
Please be Xrd
Please be a good port
Please be a good port
Please be a good port

So how it worked in the past was that a Korean company called H2 Interactive ported the games to PC under contract by ASW then they were published in the US by Kiss LTD. These ports were serviceable, worked pretty much identically to console with a few graphic options.

However Guilty Gear XX +R is the first port created and published by ASW by themselves. This port is kinda eh... they didn't add the improvements made by the console version years ago like controller assignment. It's playable perfectly fine but very lacking.

Guilty Gear Xrd runs on the Unreal Engine. So there's a lot of possibilities there for graphical support should ASW provide it.

Please be Xrd. I've had the PS4 Verizon since launch but I refuse to buy another arcade stick after investing so much in sticks last gen. On PC my dream of accade stick goodness can finally be realized :D

I wonder if the PC would have any improvements?

TGMIII

If it's Arc directly I would guess Xrd.

Someone listed as a developer for Arc on steam last month said this:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/348550/discussions/0/617336568070144384/#c617336568087708845

I do have absolute confidence that the surprise project will bring joy to many, despite not being Xrd nor BBCPEX. But, it's still pretty early in its phase, so it will have to be a pretty long wait.

Unless something changed in the last month or he was purposefully misleading people I wouldn't hold your breath on this being XRD. I think the most likely outcome of this is a PC version of UNIB that Nyumedia accidentally spoke about a few months ago on twitter which were quickly deleted.

I know it's most likely Xrd but I also really really want UNIEL damn it

Under Night In Birth.

And yeah I am aprehensive about this as it could be Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- and if Revalator, the new version, ends up being a new game and not just a patch, the PC version will STILL be behind.

The new version that won't be here for another year or so anyways?

Top Bottom