• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are good "feature phones" still exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that I haven't seen feature phones ("non-smart" mobile phones with decent functionality) for a very long time - it seems like mobile phone manufacturers moved to Android smartphones for their "low-budget but functional" solutions.

Does anybody still make them? Are they still good? I've seen a bunch of new Nokia phones which could be called feature phones but I've lost my trust in Nokia feature phones after buying Asha 500... my god, it was awful. First (pre-Microsoft) Asha phones looked like really good quasi-smartphones, but that one was one of the worst piece of electronics I've ever touched, both in hardware and software. And it looks like half of the shit in it (social clients, web store and even stock browser) just don't work anymore at all. And the phone was released, like, in the Holiday 2014. Way to pull a Kin, Microsoft...

Nokia-Asha-500-Dual-SIM-357.jpg

On the other hand, I have fond memories about relatively new Samsung S3350. Aside from back cover which seemed like it was deliberately engineered to allow dust to be forever stuck between dents, it was fairly nice phone with a good amount of functions and nice firmware.

And, yes, I already have a fairly modern smartphone, and my question was mostly theoretical... but who am I kidding - I'm just a sucker for unusual software platforms (hence my dreaded purchase of the Asha) and never liked Android that much despite using it in for a quite long time starting with 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom