• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham City cover revealed

Mush

How hard can it be to make a good cover for a game staring Batman? I mean for fucks sake, he's BATMAN.
derFeef said:
Why, PS3 and 360 has the same cover.
Not everyone likes green, yo.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Mush said:
How hard can it be to make a good cover for a game staring Batman? I mean for fucks sake, he's THE GODDAMN BATMAN.

fixed.

Chris_C

Rahxephon91 said:
I think I would have liked this cover better.

Much better

KevinCow said:
Logoriffic

Not real... is it?

SalsaShark said:
Hell, even this one would have been better:

Shows more character, shows a struggle

"Batman throwing a punch" just doesnt say anything to me

Yup, should'a been that one. Tells a much better story than the current cover, which pretty much says "I'm Batman, I know kung-fu."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hideous. Nothing wrong with the colour choice but it's just blocked horribly. The first game had a much better composition.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Yeah it actually looks much nicer with the PS3 box, just cause the color scheme blends together well.

But I REALLY love the PC box, that Batman logo is so cool.

BLagiver

Banned
The Green and DvD flimsey cases make the x360 box art/cases the worst by default. I keep thinking incredible hulk or nickelodeon slime.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
I think I would have liked this cover better.

gi2_1281017610.jpg
This is the only correct answer... the vgboxarts one is good too.

<3 Adam Hughes Catwoman <3 <3 <3

I'm sure they do marketing research and focus groups or whatever when they choose these covers, but still I'm consistently baffled by North American box art. It's almost always so bad. The alternatives in this thread are so much better than the final art.

It must take real talent to make such shit covers. It's like a contest with game companies, who can make the worst covers for North America!

how the fuck can they screw up a cover for a a Batman game? He's the perfect scenographic character...I'm trying to figure out the point they want to make here

Anasui Kishibe said:
how the fuck can they screw up a cover for a a Batman game? He's the perfect scenographic character...I'm trying to figure out the point they want to make here
I'd hate to be the poor art person at the studio who had to try and BRO up batman.

Autofokus

They're going with the ugly cover for the standard edition, just to rip off all of us with a overpriced special edition and the real cover.

It's a trap!

What a horrible cover. Why would I want to buy a game where Batman wants to punch me in the face?

Corky said:
"Why do you want to hit me Batman I thought we were friends? "
That's not a punch, that's a fist bump!

It's grown on me a little. I've loved their white aesthetic for this game's posters since that first Game Informer article, but there are better shots out there. You don't start a punch up above shoulder height, for one thing.

Still better than the original game's box art, though:
box_142490-hd.jpg

I can't get over the fact that his forehead is three feet tall.

Angry Fork

That green is the worst thing about 360 covers by far. It's FUUUUGLY as hell. It ruins all covers except for a few. FF13 looks okay with it even though the black still looks better. They gotta get rid of that green next gen on the covers i'd rather have pink then that god awful color.

Batman-Arkham-City-485x582.jpg

This is the best one by far but they need kiddies to buy the game still and mommy won't like the sight of blood there so it won't happen for a T game. The other cover with batman on one of the power lines and the city in the background is good too though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
matrix-cat said:
It's grown on me a little. I've loved their white aesthetic for this game's posters since that first Game Informer article, but there are better shots out there. You don't start a punch up above shoulder height, for one thing.

Still better than the original game's box art, though:
box_142490-hd.jpg

I can't get over the fact that his forehead is three feet tall.

Its not, batman is tilting his head forward. The area on top in the white light is actually the top of the mask/cowl.

Dipswitch

Eh, I like it. Not particularly informative, but covers these days are often far too busy anyway. This is a refreshing change.

Top Bottom