• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS - Nintendo Switch (Motion [optional] controlled boxing, Nintendo, Spring 2017)

Kosuke Yabuki was Mario Kart 7/8 director so this is another Nintendo garage project. Suspected he would be the next part in that

Zafir

Motion controls back with a vengeance.

I'm so over motion controls though, I'm out unless they allow "normal" controls.

jobrro

Thought it was going to be called Punch Out Switch or whatever before the name reveal. Not sure what to think of the game yet.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks pretty eh, especially if it's meant to be a full price game, and the name is shit.

Unless it's for the same audience as 1 2 Switch I doubt it'll do well on its own.

I will repeat myself: that was revolutionary software. You can't replicate that software on any other device on the market right now. This software pushed me from neutral-switch to "this is a legit device that can compete in today's marketplace". That game looked amazing.

I like the art style...and that's pretty much it. Looks like something you would get bored of after an hour. Definitely has that 101 look to it

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
People are hating because it's essentially a Wii game but that's honestly the thing that excites me about it. Punch Out Wii with motion controls was janky as hell but it was super fun, and this looks to be more precise and in depth than what is essentially a Simon Says game. Not sure if that's enough to hit with the mainstream market anymore though.

Top Bottom