• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrest warrant issued for Deandre Harris (black man beaten by Neo-Nazis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlottesville, VA magistrates have issued an arrest warrant against Deandre Harris on charges of unlawful wounding in connection with his own brutal beating at the hands of white supremacists during the nazi rally a few months ago. The police have not said what evidence led them to pursue the warrant but said they would release that information once Harris is arrested.

Clearly, this is retaliatory action against Deandre and gives us an idea of the defense his attackers will be using to justify beating the shit out of him with pipes.

http://amp.wcpo.com/2370486827/char...e-black-victim-of-parking-garage-beating.html

A magistrate, not the police department, issued the warrant, although a news release said police officers had verified other video that led to the arrest. Harris is accused of attacking a man in the group that beat him.

Harris' attorney, Lee Merritt, who called the charge a "clearly retaliatory" effort from white supremacists after Harris used social media to identify suspects in the beating, said his client would turn himself in within 24 hours.

White supremacists on Twitter appeared to celebrate the warrant Monday evening; one white nationalist appeared to validate Merritt's claim there had been a group effort within the community to collect evidence that would get Harris arrested.

Beat me and arrest me if old.

Madness

Unlawful wounding...of himself. How dare you get injured by getting in the face of good ol'boys just expressing their god given free speech boy.

Pizza

God I hope they're looking to get him in asap so they can secure some leads on the people who beat the fuck out of him in their garage.

But it's 2017 and I don't believe that.

I find the timing suspect. Right after Spencer and his crew rolled through Charlottesville a second time?

Not to mention how long after the event took place? Whether this was an attack prior to his beating or for him defending himself during the attack we still don't know, but either way the timing clearly indicates that it's in retaliation for charges against the Nazis.

numble

God I hope they're looking to get him in asap so they can secure some leads on the people who beat the fuck out of him in their garage.

But it's 2017 and I don't believe that.
You don’t issue an arrest warrant to bring them in for questioning...

So fucking disgusted right now. And also so fucking thankful I live in a country like Canada, and not in the landmass directly to the south.

Foffy

Banned
Holy fuck.

In what world could you say a dude being beaten with weapons, by multiple people, was not only justified, but the person attacked deserves to be arrested?

Remember when you learned Ferguson residents got charged with assaulting a police officer because they bled on the uniform of the cop beating them down?

I'm not even surprised anymore by all this fuckery.

They split the mans skull open and he will be the one found guilty, convicted and given a felony record.

The American justice system is irrevocably broken.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
At first I thought finally as if it was one of the guys that assaulted. Then I realized it was the reverse. How the fuck.

DIbtrZMUIAAd3Cj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom