• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warrant issued for Alex Michael Ramos (Charlottesville beating suspect)

Up: surrendered - http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...le-beating-surrenders/AXz2nZg2JSSnL7wHxB2zMO/

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/warra...arlottesville-beating/c3KnAXcx0p4M1RJatJgXzN/

Cobb County police are looking for a local man with militia ties wanted in connection to a brutal beating that occurred during the recent racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va.

Alex Michael Ramos, 33, was charged Saturday with malicious wounding by Charlottesville authorities. His last known address is in north Marietta, just outside the city limits.

Cobb police had been aware of Ramos' alleged role in the beating of 20-year-old DeAndre Harris for more than a week, but spokesman Sgt. Dana Pierce told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that they could not arrest him since a warrant had not been issued in Virginia.

Pierce said the county's criminal intelligence unit had called Charlottesville Police and the Virginia State Police about Ramos but the calls went returned. His current whereabouts are unknown.

In a statement released through his attorneys, Harris expressed disappointment that only one of his alleged attackers, 18-year-old Daniel Borden of Cincinnati, had been arrested. Borden, also facing a malicious wounding charge, surrendered to Ohio authorities on Friday.

In video posted online, Ramos can be seen taking swings at Harris, who was pummeled to the ground by several white supermacists who had participated in the ”Unite the Right" rally that culminated in the death of a Charlottesville woman. Heather Heyer, 32, was killed when a car driven by an alleged Nazi sympathizer plowed into a crowd of counterprotesters.

Extradite me if old.

cameron

Law enforcement, according to Harris’ statement, “has failed to identify any suspect not independently identified by journalist Shaun King two weeks prior.

“With information including affiliated organizations, clear photographs, and recordings, it is disappointing that the combined efforts of federal and local agencies have failed to lead to either the identification or arrest of additional suspects,” the statement continued.

Credit to Shaun King. Additional bit from NYT:
Mr. Merritt said the suspects were identified as a result of efforts by Shaun King, an activist and a columnist at The Daily News in New York, who issued a $10,000 reward for information that led to arrests.

According to Mr. Merritt, Mr. Ramos’s friends identified him after he posted about the attack on Facebook, saying that as a Puerto Rican man he disavowed white supremacy but participated in the rally because he despises leftists. In the video, Mr. Ramos appeared to have something wrapped in his hands that he used to strike Mr. Harris, Mr. Merritt said.

LakeEarth

Just like with that Nazi dude with the mace, the police didn't seem to give two shits and citizens had to do all the work.

KingV

They arrested the other dude already. Mole man

Saw it last night or this morning.

Edit: and I think they also have a warrant out for a third guy.

Zen Aku

According to Mr. Merritt, Mr. Ramos’s friends identified him after he posted about the attack on Facebook, saying that as a Puerto Rican man he disavowed white supremacy but participated in the rally because he despises leftists.

Lol what? Like my mind is boggled.

Syf

Banned
Good to hear but given Trump's tendency to get worse with each passing day I won't be surprised if they're all pardoned and lauded as American patriots on twitter.

alba

Little is the new Big
Just like with that Nazi dude with the mace, the police didn't seem to give two shits and citizens had to do all the work.

Yeah, this is most concerning part of this, if Shaun and other citizen didn't help do this, they would've been out there free with no consequences whatsoever. Sickening.

commedieu

Banned
I bet you there is a good percentage of hispanics who are Trump supporters.

It's odd. But I've met too many. They have a disdain for mexicans... usually people who identify as spanish.. but I know some mexicans (one of the good ones) that hate on their fellow countrymen. And think that exempts them from white nationality.

Same with Nigerians thinking they aren't black.

I always laugh and say tell it to the cops. I'm sure they care what Nigerian cranny you're from. Mi'Lorde.

POC need to stop turning on their own.

rjinaz

He thought he was hot shit posting on facebook about it.

Hates the Left so much he beats a man bloody. This is where we are now.

FFS, if we have actual klansman telling a latina Univision reporter (to her face) during a sit down interview that she's a nigger and that they'd burn her out, BUT THEY'RE NOT RACIST, I'm not surprised anymore that so many people who harbor racial supremacist views somehow don't consider themselves as such.

Enzom21

Cool. That's one.

What about the others?
tsmbdnqo7rvcahpi1fh2.png
http://www.theroot.com/white-supremacist-daniel-borden-charged-in-charlottesvi-1798467504

Couple more to go.

That my old stomping grounds. If he's up near Kennesaw, I wouldn't be surprised. They used to have a civil war memorabilia store that served as a KKK meeting place when I was growing up around there, but I can at least understand some of the Confederate monument stuff around there since a Civil War battle took place actually took place at Kennesaw Mountain.

Darknight

Fuck this puto.

What sick is this racist is a hispanic himself from what I understand. This motherfucker think he better than the people here? Fuck out of this country stupid racist cunt.

Lets hope he gets some nice time off in jail. Also need to him crying like a little bitch on Telemundo and Univision. Making us look bad, fucking pedaso de mierda.

Top Bottom