• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrest warrant issued for Deandre Harris (black man beaten by Neo-Nazis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
And that is what a trial can determine based on all the evidence. It is reasonable to try and figure out what happened before saying any actions were justified or not. All the video is probable cause and a trial should sort out the rest.

And it should be up to police to bring the evidence and ask for a warrant, but that is not what not happening here either.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Watch the other video. The shirtless guy was trying to snatch the flag.

Denying what happened in the video doesn't let us debate the real issue. Which is the disproportionate use of force against POC.

Care to post the other videos then? Are you sure the shirtless guy wasn’t trying to snatch the flag because the old guy was using it as a weapon?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Care to post the other videos then? Are you sure the shirtless guy wasn't trying to snatch the flag because the old guy was using it as a weapon?

It was posted in the last page. Watch only from 1:35 or so on for a like 10 seconds. The video is posted by a known racist and I hate giving him views... and by all means DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS.

No. Watch this at 1:37

He came from behind(the shirtless guy) and tried to take the flag.

Still need more information, but even if the Deandre started it by hitting that guy on the arm, that's like 2 weeks of community service. The brutal beating by the other 3 guys should be 5 years in prison.

Exactly, the people who beat Harris weren't involved at all in the initial skirmish. They should be charged fully under the law and put in prison.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Still need more information, but even if the Deandre started it by hitting that guy on the arm, that's like 2 weeks of community service. The brutal beating by the other 3 guys should be 5 years in prison.

The plot thickens:

G4szNLp.png

Judge needs to be disbarred and face jail time.

Kite

It was posted in the last page. Watch only from 1:35 or so on for a like 10 seconds. The video is posted by a known racist and I hate giving him views... and by all means DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS.
I made the gif cus I didn't want to give those fuckers any views/youtube $$. When I get home I'll see about making a gif from the other video unless someone else wants to.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/917852359581208576

Turns out - surprise surprise - that gif isn't how things happened.

Sorry for the half-ass link, on mobile.

Edit: I'm late

Not that I'm at all in favor of how this is going but ...

Is that the same guy that he hits later? If so is it just a case of him being assaulted twice and going after the second one?

Edit: Read the report, yes it seems like what I said is the case ... sort of. Man was assaulted twice, Deandre allegedly didn't make much contact and the second beating did (obviously from the video) and he's pinning the damage on Deandre.

This is jacked up. Man...

A quick Google sheet that Merritt is Harris attorney.

So is he saying that this guy was involved in two dustups the one in his video causing the damage? Or is he saying that this "victim" was only in the new video and there was some other "victim" in the first video?

Harris is charged with this;

18.2-51

Shooting, stabbing, etc., with intent to maim, kill, etc

If any person maliciously shoot, stab, cut, or wound any person or by any means cause him bodily injury, with the intent to maim, disfigure, disable, or kill, he shall, except where it is otherwise provided, be guilty of a Class 3 felony. If such act be done unlawfully but not maliciously, with the intent aforesaid, the offender shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

Even if the guy is the same, getting wacked in the head with a blunt object probably fits the terms of the charge, though timing is important, tough to claim a serious wound if you're out in another scrun later that day. Interesting stuff.

roknin

Not that I'm at all in favor of how this is going but ...

Is that the same guy that he hits later? If so is it just a case of him being assaulted twice and going after the second one?

Edit: Read the report, yes it seems like what I said is the case ... sort of. Man was assaulted twice, Deandre allegedly didn't make much contact and the second beating did (obviously from the video) and he's pinning the damage on Deandre.

This is jacked up. Man...

Indeed. From the report, it sounds like DeAndre saw someone (an associate) being assaulted and attacked Crews, but barely made contact. He was then assaulted by a group of LoS, brutally beaten.

Later, Crews was in another fight... and is using those injuries to frame up DeAndre Harris, by going to a judge LoS knows personally who then skirted around the PD to get Harris arrested.

It’s garbage but sadly not surprising. History repeating itself in 2017.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I made the gif cus I didn't want to give those fuckers any views/youtube $$. When I get home I'll see about making a gif from the other video unless someone else wants to.

If someone does I'd like to replace the link. Hate giving them views.

Is that the same old guy in both. Damn. Still this will be cleared up in court.. but you do see Harris swinging the club at the old guy as he tried to hold on to his flag. The videos don't support the spearing theory at all.

Btw the police did a shit job on this whole thing. No control of the situation.

Times article has Harris lawyer admit the flag was being taken and Harris intervened. Says old dude was spearing his friend but that ignores that the guy was pulling the flag away .
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/deandre-harris-charlottesville-charged.html

Not

Banned
Already a few "welp, there it is" posts ...took some pages but seems the purpose of this warrant is already working.

People were trying to equate it on the second fucking page.

Desperate to prove white people innocent, even after seeing the photo. It's fucking sick. This is a country of secret monsters.

Not

Banned
If a white man was attacked by 4 black men, in ANY context, do you think we'd be going through this shit right now? Do you really think the police would be desperate to pin charges on the white guy being assaulted?

This is the system you're perpetuating. This is the double standard some of you are apart of.

Paganmoon

Even with the latest turn of events, the alt-right assholes have gotten their narrative out there. They can spin on that whenever Charlottsville comes up. It's fucked up...

I am shocked to see there was a defense force in the making against Deandre in this thread.
Not shocked at all. Every time there's a Black victim of violence Americans wait and look for any justification for why said Black person was met with violence. Us Blacks are always up to no good, so Deandre must have done something right?

America is hopelessly diseased.

This is depressing and enraging at the same time.

What the actual fuck are these channels people are linking to ITT:
l83RYOs.png

dWVz8tm.png

What the fuck at that bullshit "Did AntiFa create the car attack." It's a no fucking brainer why advertisers pulled out of Youtube, Youtube doesn't moderate shit.

Also I love how these White Supremacists are the ones to always make up a story when they're "attacked" but when an actual tragedy strikes they go fucking "conspiracy they did this for attention." Shows the world who the biggest snowflakes are.

Not shocked at all. Every time there's a Black victim of violence Americans wait and look for any justification for why said Black person was met with violence. Us Blacks are always up to no good, so Deandre must have done something right?

America is hopelessly diseased.

Watch as they try to pull a "He's no angel" shit on this poor man. "LOOK GUYS, HE MISSED A DAY OF CLASS!!!! HE WAS GUILTY OF SOMETHING, HE'S NO ANGLE!!!"
When a black person is a victim of something to do with the US law, it pretty much becomes a smear race so that.

Im just going to repost that gif of a Nazi getting punched to show the appropriate behaviour when confronting a Nazi

https://media.giphy.com/media/u9MSoQpqBvOVi/giphy.gif

Mohonky

What the actual fuck are these channels people are linking to ITT:
l83RYOs.png

dWVz8tm.png

You're expecting liberal leaning channels to present the same video showing the guy attmpting to clock the neo nazi? If you try to track down that angle, of course its going to come from a place that is pushing its own narrative.

Both left and right leaning media, youtube channels and personalities are presenting only half truths and have been for a long time now.

SaviourMK2

You know, I normally hate that whole "no snitching" shit since its led to countless unsolved murders because the community refused to point out a murderer solely based on it involving working with police...

But...
No snitching

pigeon

Banned
You're expecting liberal leaning channels to present the same video showing the guy attmpting to clock the neo nazi? If you try to track down that angle, of course its going to come from a place that is pushing its own narrative.

“Obviously if I go looking for a video that proves Deandre’s guilty I’m only going to find it on a white supremacist channel. Why would that present any problems or concerns?”

Mohonky

“Obviously if I go looking for a video that proves Deandre’s guilty I’m only going to find it on a white supremacist channel. Why would that present any problems or concerns?”

Well it shouldnt be that way, but as I stated in the paragraph after the one you quoted; misinformation, half truths and selective release of information and media is working both ways.

People who want to believe a narrative are consuming media only from sources that reinforces their viewpoint, it's as simple as that. Many people will have already decided on whether to trust an article or stories accuracy solely by the source of the article rather than the contents itself.

Being on the moral side of an argument doesnt change facts.

Saw the clear footage of Harris getting beaten on plenty of vanilla ass news outlets, but not the blurry clip offered up on almost exclusively racist YouTube channels and conservative outlets.

Let’s not kid ourselves

Well it shouldnt be that way, but as I stated in the paragraph after the one you quoted; misinformation, half truths and selective release of information and media is working both ways.
Dude isnt even "the media". A YouTube commentator (especially some dude condoning the actions of "free speech" protesters at Charlottesville) isnt going to give you a valid side to base your decisions on. Youve basically given us the opinions of some 9/11 truther and told us its a source we should genuinely consider. Fuck that.

Mohonky

Dude isnt even "the media". A YouTube commentator (especially some dude condoning the actions of "free speech" protesters at Charlottesville) isnt going to give you a valid side to base your decisions on. Youve basically given us the opinions of some 9/11 truther and told us its a source we should genuinely consider. Fuck that.

Put your emotions aside for the moment. Like I said in my post, its the 'content' that matters, the source is irrelevant. If the content is factual it doesnt matter who the source or messenger is. The guy could could be a complete nutter (and I'm not exactly going to argue that a 9/11 truther or anyone that condones running a car into a crowd isnt in some way unhinged), but unless your argument is that the footage has been manipulated (and there are multiples angles of this event) it is quite clear Deandre did in fact attempt to hit someone with something.

With so many people around and so many differing accounts its hard to say what exactly happen in the lead up to that incident, the only thing that is clear is that at some point theres a tussle over the flag, that someone (believed to be Deandre) appears to strike at someone with something and shortly after a larger scuffle breaks out and Deandre is hurt badly.

Again, it doesn't matter who shot the footage, it doesnt matter who uploaded the footage, what matters is contained in the footage. That is my point. I am not advocating anything. I'm saying that until this point the only footage that was ever shown is Deandre and others in his group being beaten, but in light of what is shown in the video more recently released, it shows more of the lead up to the altercation (and unfortunately for Deandre if that is indeed him) would appear to support the notion that he did in fact attack someone, hence why the charge has been brought about.

My main point is that people are making assumption on topics / issues / events off single sided views; if the view fits their own personal belief they will accept it and defend it even when or if an opposing view is put forth, no matter the context, fact or relevancy of the opposing view solely based on the integrity (or perceived lack of) of anothers will be dismissed because it doesnt support the narrative someone has already decided upon.

Facts are facts and being on the morally correct side doesnt make anything more or less true. Whats in that video is in that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom