• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrogant Sony would have gone for the jugular today and announced a Showcase, or dropped a SpiderMan 2 trailer

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I miss the days of arrogant Sony. A proactive and ruthless marketing machine.

A Sony lead by Ken Kutagari would have been goddamn savages today.

Horrible reception to Redfall? Show a quick SpiderMan 2 teaser.

"Good games won't sell our console" Says Phil, announce a PlayStation Showcase.

Strike your competition while they're down. Be ruthless.

This moment right here won them the PS4 gen before it even started. Striking their competition while they were down. Do it again. Today was a perfect opportunity.

Last edited:

Stare-Bear

Banned
The Simpsons GIF

SEGA_2012

Of course you miss Kutaragi-San, with a terrible CEO like Jim Ryan anyone would miss the good old days of Kutaragi-San, Hirai-San and others.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Err Sony just had a oopsie with tlou pc.
I think they are just glad something worse came along to pull attention away.
No kidding. The whole TLOU PC debacle was pretty significant. I mean, it's been weeks and the game still isn't up to par apparently.

fart town usa

Gold Member
This might get me banned but I'm glad Sony isn't pouncing, it'd be too ruthless.

Yea, Xbox stans are honestly like a wounded dog right now.

Comments being like "huuuur I'm scared of Sony running the tables"

Imagine being legit frightened over the idea of Sony running the tables. Newsflash, Sony has been running the tables and Xbox is still dicking you over.

The dream is over yo. Just accept it and move on. Xbox is gonna have some bangers of course but it is a side piece console.

That being said, I'm still in the market for a Series X cause I like Tango and Bethesda games.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Yes I think that

Actually I know that

I mean, producing a marketing asset for a Marvel IP takes about six months of painstaking approvals, so...
Majority of marketing material has been in the oven for weeks/months at this point. They don't save this stuff for the last minute. Billboard art is ready, commercials are ready, boxart is ready, hell, they already have pre order bonuses ready to go.

All they have to do is cut a trailer.

I'm talking about a teaser trailer, doesn't even have to be gameplay.

Could literally be AUDIO only and then fade to black. Hype through the roof. Its done all the time.

BbMajor7th

Majority of marketing material has been in the oven for weeks/months at this point. They don't save this stuff for the last minute. Billboard art is ready, commercials are ready, boxart is ready, hell, they already have pre order bonuses ready to go.

All they have to do is cut a trailer.

I'm talking about a teaser trailer, doesn't even have to be gameplay.

Could literally be AUDIO only and then fade to black. Hype through the roof. Its done all the time.

Weeks and months... Right... you can't even write a back of the box blurb in that kinda time, let alone get it localised in every market language (30+ these days) approved through the studio, the partners, the VP... but sure, just cut a trailer in a day or two.

Stooky

You don't think a multimillion dollar studio, backed and funded by a multi billion dollar company, can make a trailer in 3 days?
Yeah if you want put out a crappy trailer. Good trailers a few weeks to make if you already have the assets.

Last edited:
Are you joking? This laughable Phil Spencer thing is exactly why Sony is taking forever to show it. And why there’s no showcase or nothing.

They have zero impetus to try. To impress. Microsoft is partly to blame for being such shit competition. They can literally do nothing and casuals will keep having it break record after record to play garbage like rocket league, Fortnite, COD, fifa, madden.

killatopak

Arrogant Sony would have rehired Phil Harrison, given him PS+ Now and then buy ABK after MS pays them 3 billion. Then release a trailer for Bungie's new game called Ring of Light starring a buff dude in a green suit.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I miss the days of arrogant Sony. A proactive and ruthless marketing machine.

A Sony lead by Ken Kutagari would have been goddamn savages today.

Horrible reception to Redfall? Show a quick SpiderMan 2 teaser.

"Good games won't sell our console" Says Phil, announce a PlayStation Showcase.

Strike your competition while they're down. Be ruthless.

This moment right here won them the PS4 gen before it even started. Striking their competition while they were down. Do it again. Today was a perfect opportunity.

Different context. What Xbox was doing with always online and used game bans was anti-consumer and sony rightfully stuck the dagger in when tretton went on stage.

This time around, they are struggling to put out games. Its not good to gloat about stuff like that. Sony themselves released a very shoddy forspoken PS5 version that had one of the biggest downgrades of this gen.

MS hasnt exactly done much anti-consumer shit we can all get behind. there is no need to get petty over this.

Top Bottom