• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW |OT| Green Arrow TV series on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 more days!

jJ6Hb.gif

Ohwiseone

So, I ended up not watching this show, because I forgot it was on.

I just finished the pilot. Holy shit it's a good show, and from the pilot alone, it is at least paced faster than smallville was.

Ohwiseone

Its much faster paced than Smallville.

And I already like it more. Like the singular fact they are using other comic book characters by Episode 2 is fantastic.

I do not know anything about green arrow, but I might pick up a few so I figure out who "speedy" is and Red arrow and everything. I really like it.

Some be honest: is this show good-good or trashy-good?

Is it good like Breaking Bad is good...? No. It's just pure fun. It's not crap or over-serious. It's the right amount of silly, fun, and badass. To a degree, they treat it as more grounded, so it's basically Batman Begins as a CW show with a lead that's willing to kill people. I fucking love it.

markatisu

Some be honest: is this show good-good or trashy-good?

Its good-good, very solid action show. Much better then Smallville with quicker to the point plots.

Its a comic book show, the bar is set very low but Arrow surpasses it easily

Like the poster above me said, Batman Begins in a TV show

Ruze789

I dunno what gets spoilered and what doesn't, so behind spoiler tags it goes:

Arrow Scoop: Look who's returning

Following the panel for his upcoming CBS drama Golden Boy at today's Television Critics Association press tour, the busy producer was asked about this Stephen Amell-anchored drama and confirmed viewers WILL, indeed, see
Jessica De Gouw’s Helena
once again.

“She’s going to come back. We’re just writing that episode right now. We like to think of her as the crazy ex-girlfriend. So if you can only imagine the turns…her mission isn’t done or complete yet. She wanted to kill her Dad and he’s still alive.”

I guess I missed last month that James Callis will appear on the show, very excite!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Not surprised by the news. They left it pretty open for a return.

I'm more curious if any of the villains (besides Merlyn and Deathstroke) are going to be recurring. Most of them seem like one-offs.

Bladenic

Not surprised by the news. They left it pretty open for a return.

I'm more curious if any of the villains (besides Merlyn and Deathstroke) are going to be recurring. Most of them seem like one-offs.

I hope Merlyn becomes a recurring main villain. I think he's one of the biggest villains in the comics so hopefully they use him accordingly.

And I don't think that character's return should even count as spoilers, it was obvious that character would return.

New episode tomorrow!

I saw the promo pics and they showed the villain's face under his mask and now I sorta regret it. I mean, it looks fucking awesome, but I wish I'd surprised myself.

I think we all know who the villain will be tomorrow, right?

A promo for the return: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGrBN2VRUs0&feature=player_embedded

e30b5646e63793b7513e7ac05086fc78.jpg

I like this shot. I won't post photos of the villain though. The villain, of course, is
Firefly

Plus I think we get the first glimpse of Ollie being badass on the Island.

Ohwiseone

I have marathoned the frist 9 episodes in the past 3 days. (yeah I think I am hooked on this show).

I still think the best episode is 7 & 8.

I wanted more of Huntress and Arrow fighting together, that shit was the best. (Even if the whole "You have failed this city" trade-off was kinda eh).

I want more Geoff Johns writing more episodes. 7 is one of the best I think.

pikablu

Yeah the Geoff Johns episode was amazing. I really liked the Helena story arc as well. Excited to see more flashbacks though!

Nokterian

I saw on our dutch television a channel Veronica it will begin february 3th! So i am pretty excited to see the show. Hear a lot of good things about it! :)

markatisu

Love this show, really like how they are able to bring characters in from the DC Universe without making them horrible versions of themselves like Smallville used to do

Ruze789

Pretty good episode. Happy to see some more island time.

And Oliver's workouts always make me feel so terribly out of shape and weak. Really need to step up on the fitness thing.

Ohwiseone

Why is the CW even broadcasting baseball?

If you get CTV the episode is airing for sure. I'll be watching the episode tomorrow in any case.

Because the way the BigXII has a contract set up. When there is a home basketball game, they can take over the CW local channel to show that game.

So, they took over last night and the CW could not show ANY of it shows that they do nationally.

Its all local logistics and its a fucking headace.

I am just gonna watch it today online.

xenist

I have no idea why I like this show so much. But I do.

I mean the plot moves FAST. So it has that going for it. I guess that's why. The eye candy doesn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom