• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW |OT| Green Arrow TV series on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

mv5bmja5nduymdi2nf5bm18b24.jpg

mmmmmmm thea.

Well, it's not like they would be hurting anyone with their love ....;D

Their mom, lolololol. She'd probably think the island made him more of a freak than he already was.

Hm. Arrow is filmed in Vancouver. I live in Vancouver... ish. Willa Holland (Thea) is gorgeous. I should find her and woo her away from Amell.

What are my chances?

G-Fex

I imagine the arrival of clark did nothing but give Pa Kent grief.

Seeing as Clark's space ship completely wrecked his baseball field.

Xiaoki

Wow.

Well, I guess he's not returning to Teen Wolf.

So this means we're getting the junkie sidekick after all?

He confirmed he was leaving Teen Wolf a couple months ago when they only put him in half of season 3's episodes.

I'd rather have one-armed angry Roy than drug addict Roy. Roy doing drugs might have been something edgy back in the 70s but it doesnt have quite the same impact today.

Deadly

You guys are like 6 years late on the Willa Holland is hot train. Just to clarify I'm only 1 year older than her so it's not creepy territory :lol

X-Frame

And I'll say this again. They missed a good opportunity with the IT girl when they made Ollie this super technical badass (who apparently can't use Bing search) who can make explosive arrows and chain arrows and hack shit and make a super untraceable phone. She should have been brought in early and done this kind of stuff for him. Ollie would be the brute, Diggs the backup, and hot IT girl the tech wiz.

I have to agree. I hope Ollie eventually saves the IT girl like he did Diggs and then she'd be on their team.

Alright, caught up with the episode.

That. Was. Awesome.

First of all... WALTER, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Malcolm best not kill him.

Also, the reveal of Malcolm Merlyn as the Dark Archer, while I saw coming, I loved that scene anyway. I like the differences that set them apart. Mask vs. Hood. Recurve vs. Compound. Silly, but I dug. Really liked the fight scene between them. Also, now we have a villain (asides from maybe Deathstroke if he's still alive), that is more than a match for Ollie. Shit, he fucked him up royally. The arrows in the back and those kicked looked brutal as fuck.

BGchd.jpg

Also, just read an interview with Barrowman. I would have wanted to see this scene:

THR: That said, what's his relationship with Oliver like?
Barrowman: They cut a scene from the episode when Moira was in the hospital -- before it was revealed that Malcolm was Tommy's father -- where you saw the hero come out of the hospital and there Malcolm was to give Oliver a hug. You knew there was some real respect there and Malcolm really likes Oliver. Malcolm would have loved to have had Oliver as his son.

Also, awesome to see the Island flashbacks back and get more information on just where Ollie was. So basically... Hell on Earth prison. Man, the European dude must seriously suck at his job if he spent like eight years hunting down one Chinese archer on a tiny island. I wonder what he did to get imprisoned there. I highly doubt he killed a bunch of innocent people. And Deathstroke showed his ugly mask again!

Seriously, Thea wanted Ollie hard this episode. Blind yourself all you want, Replicant. The signs are there!

Also, dat product placement with Felicity. Holy crap.

Face the reallity, and off course

103yvz.gif

Hit the road.

God, I cracked up so hard at that scene. I propose a gentleman's wager between you and I. The first to romance Ms. Holland wins... something of great value.

Well I'm 18 so even better for me.

Bring it on, child.

PS: Detective Mojo was pretty good tonight.

Replicant

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Seriously, Thea wanted Ollie hard this episode. Blind yourself all you want, Replicant. The signs are there!

"tch!" & smh @ all of you who are drooling creepin' on Willa Holland.

I guess I'm just jealous that she might be boning Ammel. What does she have that I don't hav.......oh right, a pair of tits. :/

A new interview with Seth Gabel who will play "Count Vertigo", a villain that Ollie will take on in January. He also talks a little about what Lincoln Lee is up to with Olivia in the other universe in Fringe. Pretty interesting:

http://io9.com/5968642/fringes-seth-gabel-explains-what-lincoln-lee-is-probably-doing-right-now

On how DC Comics' Count Vertigo was changed for his appearance on Arrow in January:

I think they did a nice dark adaptation of the Count Vertigo character. They've taken his superpowers [of vertigo and disorientation] and manifested that in a drug called Vertigo. Which I kind of push on the citizens of Starling City and acquire great power and wealth. And ultimately that affects the Arrow character of the Hood, and he eventually comes and hunts me down. I welcome that challenge, because I really want to prove myself to be the most powerful entity in Starling City. So we've got a big battle on our hands. ...

I have essentially like an army of street thugs behind me. So I kind of rule them like some kind of European monarch [and] have them do my bidding. So the Arrow has to get through all of those guys in order to get to me. And by then, I'm hoping he's pretty tired out before we have our showdown.

Why would anybody want to buy a drug that gives them a case of vertigo?

Well, it's a controlled case of vertigo, as I call it. It makes you feel like you're walking on air. It kind of gives you this euphoria. That's when the drug's taken orally. If you were to inject the drug into your system, it's different for everyone, what the effects could be. So that's what makes it a real menacing threat to Starling City.

The fun of playing a supervillain

It's the most fun I've ever had playing a part. Usually I play characters that I have to be grounded in reality, and I have to be realistic. And with this, I felt free to be over the top. And I was able to trust that the circumstances of the show would keep it grounded in something real. So I really had fun, and really took risks that I've never taken with character before, and got to express sides of myself that I've never really gotten on film before... [The Count is] very playful. I'm hoping there's some memorable moments.

On his outfit and accessories

There's a lot of black. And I wore these fingerless gloves that I think are really cool. I got very particular about the type of gun that I wanted the character to have. I was trying to figure out what the most intimidating way to hold a gun is, so I tried all these firm scary ways of holding it. But then I realized the more the character is loose with the gun, and the more it's just kind of this reckless extension of himself, and he doesn't even have to think about it, I realized that's the scariest thing about it. So as a king of the street, I just wanted him to have this thing around. But he could drop it at any second, or he could use it to kill you at any second.

Will the Count be recurring?

It's definitely possible. That was definitely part of the initial discussions of the character. And it'll just depend on the logistics of the show, and their schedule, and what they have planned for the season.

Does he get any scenes with John Barrowman?

I don't think I should say. [Laughs]

One more:

So Vertigo will be Joker-esque? Intriguing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/13/seth-gabel-arrow-vertigo_n_2289669.html

Let's talk a little bit about your role on "Arrow," since it sounds like your character is pivotal to the story.

Yeah, that was so much fun to do, and so much fun to be a part of. I love how much people are interested in it because it seems like a smaller show, but they are doing really great work over there, and a lot of people are paying attention. So I’m honored to have been a part of it, and I hope I get to continue to do so. The character is the most fun I’ve ever had playing a part.

What can you reveal about your first episode, Episode 12 [titled "Vertigo"]?

I play a character called The Count, who is based on Count Vertigo of the comic book series. And the super powers that the comic book character had are manifested in a drug called Vertigo that I sell on the street. So my character is a street drug kingpin that basically rules the streets of Starling City, and he’s quickly rising to a higher station and [forming] a evil empire and The Arrow needs to stop him. And I, interestingly, welcome the challenge because I love having a force for me to fight against, and the opportunity to really prove my power over Starling City.

The show has been subtly teasing Thea's [Willa Holland] experimentation with drugs since the pilot. Do you have any direct scenes with Willa or are they mostly with Stephen Amell?

It’s mostly with Stephen, but I like to feel like I have ... I’m kind of involved in what Thea is going through.

How did the producers describe the role to you, and how did you become involved with the show?

[Executive producer] Greg Berlanti called, who I worked with on "Dirty Sexy Money." And he said that there was a Joker-type character coming up on "Arrow," which was intriguing and something I thought maybe I wanted to avoid, because you hear "The Joker" and you think of Heath Ledger. There’s just no way to come anywhere near that. So when I saw the character I was really interested to see if I could create something that had a similar energy but definitely distinct from what Heath had done, and make sure that I can do something that was my own version of that thing, and I felt like I did. I worked really hard on it, and it’s definitely the most risk that I’ve ever taken playing a part.

And you've only shot one episode so far, correct?

I’ve only shot one, and it’s up in the air whether or not there’s going to be more. We’re kind of talking about it now.

I believe [executive producer] Andrew Kreisberg described your character as the first time that Oliver has actually created a supervillain through his own actions. Is there anything you can tease about that aspect of the character without spoiling anything?

I can say that our showdown leads to potentially more future showdowns in which I become more powerful.

Did you go back and read up on the comics out of curiosity, since the role is obviously less fantastical than the original version?

Yeah I kind of looked online. Wikipedia is definitely very helpful. But mostly it was just, in the amount of time that I had to prepare, I wanted to watch as much of the show as I could and really make sure that I understood the world of the show because when you hear “comic book” you might make impressions that it’s one thing. But I think what’s so great about “Arrow” is that they really ground everything in reality. And so in playing this character that, on the page, could be very over the top, I wanted to make sure that he still fit in the world that they were creating. And so I spent a lot of time trying to find that balance ... He’s flamboyant, theatrical, grounded, and very street. I really wanted to make sure that I was in my body, and that I was physically intimidating while at the same time not being afraid to be over the top.

Seth Gabels' new film Allegiance is on VOD on December 6th and in theaters in NY on December 28, 2012 and LA on January 4, 2013.

Sounds like fun! They seem to be taking Arrow into more of a Batman-esque direction where Batman is responsible for some of the freaks that come out of the woodwork. I'm pretty amped to see Gabel as Vertigo. I like the actor. Also, if anyone saw the preview for the next episode in January, I'm pretty sure they showed a glimpse of Firefly. The episode will be called "Burned", so I guess... arsonists ahoy.

I didn't know Seth Gabel is married to Bryce Dallas Howard!

Khezu

Umm Ollie, bro, homie, you have killed way more people then Dark Arrow, why is murdering dudes only cool when you're the one doing it?

Umm Ollie, bro, homie, you have killed way more people then Dark Arrow, why is murdering dudes only cool when you're the one doing it?

CAUSE... I WAS TRAINED ON ISLAND FOR FIVE YEARS IN THE ART OF WAR, THIS GUY PROBABLY GOT HIS BOW AT A GARAGE SALE FROM A FAT KID WHO USED IT ONCE AFTER WATCHING THE HUNGER GAMES! THAT'S WHY!

I hope Arrow continues to murder people though. I realize he's on the road to becoming a better hero, but CW, don't neuter my precious murdering PTSD-struck hero.

-Mikey-

The dialogue is this shows strong suit. The delivery needs to be there too and it is. When Thea's friend walks in for the Christmas party, the looks from Ollie and Diggle were priceless. It's nice that lines from these two never seem forced. It's natural for the most part and Digs and Ollie have good chemistry.

I hope Laurel and Tommy stay together forever. I don't want Ollie to be with anyone because he seems more interesting doing his Hood thing and putting on a happy face for friends and family. Now that we are more or less at the half way point, I'm glad that Arrow is good tv.

Better than I expected.

The dialogue is this shows strong suit. The delivery needs to be there too and it is. When Thea's friend walks in for the Christmas party, the looks from Ollie and Diggle were priceless. It's nice that lines from these two never seem forced. It's natural for the most part and Digs and Ollie have good chemistry.

I hope Laurel and Tommy stay together forever. I don't want Ollie to be with anyone because he seems more interesting doing his Hood thing and putting on a happy face for friends and family. Now that we are more or less at the half way point, I'm glad that Arrow is good tv.

Better than I expected.

Bet he'll just be sated with the occasional torrid affair with Helena.

Holy fuck, guys:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/18/battlestar-galacticas-james-callis-to-guest-star-on-arrow

james-callis.jpg

James Callis, AKA Battlestar Galactica’s Gaius Baltar, is set to play The Dodger on Arrow, TVGuide.com reports.

The outlet describes the character as “an elusive international jewel thief who imposes his plans on the innocent, forcing them to carry out his crimes under duress. When the Sherwood Ruby goes missing in Starling City, the ensuing investigation leads Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) straight to The Dodger, but apprehending him won't be as easy as they may have thought.”

While TV Guide cannot confirm that Callis will be portraying the DC Comics version of The Dodger (a villain who eventually sees the error of his ways and becomes an ally to The Green Arrow) but given the description, it would be rather surprising if he’s not.

Tune into Arrow when it returns Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 8/7c on The CW.

BALTAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
a villain who eventually sees the error of his ways and becomes an ally to The Green Arrow
Played by Baltar? :lol

Not familar with Dodger. So, he's sorta-like the Green Arrow version of Catwoman?

Played by Baltar? :lol

Not familar with Dodger. So, he's sorta-like the Green Arrow version of Catwoman?

More like the Arrow version of Alistair Wesley from Person of Interest...

I'm trying to think of a comics equivalent of this character. Someone who forces people to commit the crime for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom