• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW |OT| Green Arrow TV series on CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

I liked it! Reminds me so much of smallville ( i guess that might be because of the similar ways it's shot and the sets) But i just liked it. Arrow isn't too bad. It started awful tho. I mean, you have so long to develop the opening line for a show no excuse for cheesy dialogue. Anyways, will continue watching.

WillyFive

I liked it! Reminds me so much of smallville ( i guess that might be because of the similar ways it's shot and the sets) But i just liked it. Arrow isn't too bad. It started awful tho. I mean, you have so long to develop the opening line for a show no excuse for cheesy dialogue. Anyways, will continue watching.

Yeah, the narration was really lame. They should show, not tell; and even then, a lot of the stuff he narrated about we could have picked up by simply seeing what he was doing and what was going on.

Gila

Can anyone indentify all that names in Olivers notebook?

RzJFO.jpg

Danny Brick___
John ____
Hanniball Bates (?)
Albert Davies
Adam Hunt
David Drayson
Isabel _____

That's all I got

Thank GOD the guy actually looks like he takes the role seriously. I mean, I actually believe he can do the physical things required of his hero role because he's not just fit. He looks super hero Batman/Daredevilesque fit.

Hopefully we've gotten away from the days where our super heroes didn't have to look like their comic counterparts.

I like the show.

Good cast...decent script...good lead actor (even though I hate his voice).....

Looking forward to the next episode.

RangersFan

whats the verdict on the pilot? the amount of tv I already watch is at a maximum, but the trailer intrigued me, especially since i'm a comic fan. i passed on smallville as cw seemed too much like a teenage female station, but I started smallville recently and am up to season 2, and while it is definitely on par with other teenage cw female dramas, it is actually pretty good. i'm hoping arrow is much darker, much more comicy than cw female drama.

whats the verdict on the pilot? the amount of tv I already watch is at a maximum, but the trailer intrigued me, especially since i'm a comic fan. i passed on smallville as cw seemed too much like a teenage female station, but I started smallville recently and am up to season 2, and while it is definitely on par with other teenage cw female dramas, it is actually pretty good. i'm hoping arrow is much darker, much more comicy than cw female drama.

It is. A good amount of people die, or get shot with an arrow.

It's kinda like the latest Batman flicks. Not like Smallville...

Well he's killed someone in the first episode so it's better than 2/3 of the stuff CW plays. I'm bothered that Queen's house is Lex's house from Smallville.

hiro4

So many recognizable set pieces from the first episode.

Also I was surprised at the critical moment in the life raft.
I liked the pilot, going to watch some more, but if they can keep this tone I have my smallville replacement.

DieH@rd

Banned
Danny Brick___
John ____
Hanniball Bates (?)
Albert Davies
Adam Hunt
David Drayson
Isabel _____

That's all I got

I've identified almost all of them.

Danny Brick___
> Danny "Brick" Brickwell - Star City crime lord with Stone Skin
John De__
> John Deleon - Criminal financier from comic books.
Hanniball Bates (?)
> "Everyman", shapeshifter, switched places with GA once [and married Black Cannary during that time LOL].
Albert Davies > ?????
Adam Hunt
David Drayson
> "Slingshot", very dangerous enemy
Isabel ___ev
> Isabel Rochev, "The Queen", big ties to Olivers father and Queen Industries.

massoluk

Banned
Just watched it off the official site online. I kinda liked it. The acting is good, the plot is ok. But I chuckled at a dude armed with machine gun who can't shoot worth a shit and running away from fully exposed unarmed guy. Talk about suspension of disbelief I have to pull.

grendelrt

Just watched it off the official site online. I kinda liked it. The acting is good, the plot is ok. But I chuckled at a dude armed with machine gun who can't shoot worth a shit and running away from fully exposed unarmed guy. Talk about suspension of disbelief I have to pull.

That one of the few parts I hated, I mean come on.
At least later he does get shot

Somnia

Ratings were really great for a CW show and it boosted supernaturals ratings to their highest in a long time.

CW appears to have another keeper if it keeps up.

Rico

I enjoyed the pilot episode quite a bit. Like others have said, it was darker and more violent than "Smallville" ever was which works for the character. This has the potential to be a really good series.

Wasn't bad at all aside from the voiceover monologuing, the lead was better than I thought he'd be. Looked really cheap even by early-season Smallville standards, that's the last CW show I watched. I'm not sure what it was (aside from the actual low budget), some combo of the lighting/camerawork just seemed a little off.

Nikita looks a lot more expensive than all of the other CW shows I don't know why. Anyways this was entertaining. A lot better than The Cape.

It was like Batman Begins if it went through a CW filter or some shit.

Replicant

Nikita looks a lot more expensive than all of the other CW shows I don't know why.

Because their cameraman seem to know how to properly frame scenes and action sequences so that each episode looks like a feature film. It's really noticeable when you just watched Nikita and then switch over to another CW show and you wonder why the framing in the other shows look cheap and lazy.

hamchan

Just watched this first ep, pretty good. Pieces are in place for a good show with the love triangle between his friend and his love interest, and his mother being against him too. I like that he's pretty brutal with the hired goons, good on him.

Green Arrow needs to wear a better disguise because anyone can clearly see it's him damn it!

Yeah the monologue like he thinks he's Dexter was quite funny.

Wiktor

Because their cameraman seem to know how to properly frame scenes and action sequences so that each episode looks like a feature film. It's really noticeable when you just watched Nikita and then switch over to another CW show and you wonder why the framing in the other shows look cheap and lazy.

On the plus side, the fighting looked better than it ever did in Nikita or actually mosts shows on TV.
Plus I loved the little over the shoulder parkour camera they had in one scene

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I went to high school with Steve Amell. Played varsity football with him for a couple years. He always struck me as the kind of guy who would eventually become an actor.

I'll have to check this out, though it might be too weird to watch Oliver Queen being played by a guy I used to play football with.

I went to high school with Steve Amell. Played varsity football with him for a couple years. He always struck me as the kind of guy who would eventually become an actor.

I'll have to check this out, though it might be too weird to watch Oliver Queen being played by a guy I used to play football with.
Haha, I can imagine it would be weird.

Decado

Quick and brutal, no fancy wuxia moves. First episode had only one major fight between Stephen Amell and Darren Shahlavi.

Better than I thought it'd be (particularly the choreography), but the violence was bloodless as one would expect from CW pre-Nikita but otherwise pretty brutal (in a PG-13 way). A bit disappointing. I'll look it up again once the season ends and if things improve (or perhaps even just hold up) I'll give it a shot.

darkwing

so true

8bit

Knows the Score
I really liked it, probably helps that Green Arrow is my favourite superhero though. Quite like the interpretation of Speedy too, that's a nice idea.

Somnia

I don't think it's gotten a full pickup but most CW shows of this nature are 22 episodes a season, occasionally 23.

To go further on this, it WILL get a full season if its 2nd episodes ratings are even close to the 1st. It was one of CW's highest rated shows in years. On top of that it led Supernatural to it's highest ratings in 2 years and Supernatural is a show they want to keep going for at least another 2 years so its win-win for them right now.

I liked the pilot Oliver took The Punisher rule when it came to fighting crime. It was a very dark origin. I stuck with Smallville till the end it will be interesting to see if and how they plan on adding meta humans to this universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom