• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendo

I had assumed this was more Smallville CW trash. I've watched half the first season in the last 3 days and just bought the season pass for season 2 on Amazon to catch up. I never thought I'd be a huge Green Arrow fan. I was wrong.

Is this canon in the DC movie universe or is the tv show its own separate world? I'd love to see this Green Arrow pop up in a future film.

Ripclawe

Banned
I had assumed this was more Smallville CW trash. I've watched half the first season in the last 3 days and just bought the season pass for season 2 on Amazon to catch up. I never thought I'd be a huge Green Arrow fan. I was wrong.

Is this canon in the DC movie universe or is the tv show its own separate world? I'd love to see this Green Arrow pop up in a future film.

Its in the DC CW universe for lack of a better term.

Tendo

Its in the DC CW universe for lack of a better term.

:(
That is a bummer. They want to build to a Justice League movie and this is a great way to start introducing some of the lesser knowns. Maybe I'm crazy. Oh well, loving it so far! Makes me want to get Arkham Origins just to see some Deathstroke.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
By 2016, they really will have to just change the CW to "The DC Network."

tumblr_msbdv1xmMh1sh28k6o1_500.gif

Tabby

Apologies. I really did not see it. lol

It's fine.
Young Justice always had that teen drama thing going on anyways, I think it'd be a good fit.
I just hope they don't focus on the relationships and stuff and forget about the powers.

Well there were rumours about how WB were waiting for the how people react to Barry before deciding.
But it's just rumours.

Not making a new thread since it's only a rumor, but according to Bleeding Cool, the CW is working to get a Young Justice show on TV. It's supposed to be based on the cartoon, with Superboy and Miss Martian as the leads.

cw is doing cartoon network's job these days, it seems.

although cw shows are really in those teen target demographic, at least they are watchable. arrow is maybe pushing for the older teen audience (but hey, these days getting banged is normal in a teen's show), but the vampire diaries audience and arrow audience aren't the same people. hopefully the young justice show has more arrow flavour to it than vampire diaries.

ReiGun

The powers are gonna be the biggest issue with Young Justice. The Team should be alright, with Aqualad and Kid Flash probably being the most difficult, but how are they gonna do the villains and superpowered fights on a CW budget.

Also, hopefully the show will try and use some of Young Justice's rogues. Having them always fighting their mentors' enemies made it seem like the Justice League didn't do anything.

And lose Supernatural and The Originals? No thanks.

But having a couple of DC nights on there? I am fine with that.

They've already made Supernatural comic books. They can be like DC's awesome younger cousin they let hang out with all their friends.

They've already made Supernatural comic books. They can be like DC's awesome younger cousin they let hang out with all their friends.

Nah. Just make it a Vertigo series and it stands on its own. No connection whatsoever.
And same with Originals. LOVE how that show is going this season. Just so much fun.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
cw is doing cartoon network's job these days, it seems.

although cw shows are really in those teen target demographic, at least they are watchable. arrow is maybe pushing for the older teen audience (but hey, these days getting banged is normal in a teen's show), but the vampire diaries audience and arrow audience aren't the same people. hopefully the young justice show has more arrow flavour to it than vampire diaries.

Pretty sure arrow does exceptionally well in the 18-49 demographic.

The powers are gonna be the biggest issue with Young Justice. The Team should be alright, with Aqualad and Kid Flash probably being the most difficult, but how are they gonna do the villains and superpowered fights on a CW budget.

Also, hopefully the show will try and use some of Young Justice's rogues. Having them always fighting their mentors' enemies made it seem like the Justice League didn't do anything.

I dont like the YJ idea, its the only one that has irked me out of the DC info dump today. A supernatural focus young teen team would be more attainable and achievable.

ReiGun

Nah. Just make it a Vertigo series and it stands on its own. No connection whatsoever.
And same with Originals. LOVE how that show is going this season. Just so much fun.

That's what I'm saying. Supernatural and Originals are Vertigo, all cool and hip and the future DC Network would keep them around for street cred.

I did promise...

"What does it mean?"

"Rise."

tumblr_mbpm8j4J5x1qddi5do5_r1_250.gif

------------------------------

Laurel Lance: Wait! You could die. At least tell me your name.

[pause]

Oliver Queen: ...It's not who I am underneath... but what I *do*... that defines me.

Laurel Lance: ...Dad?

Oliver Queen: Goddammit.

tumblr_static_arrow-an-innocent-man-laurel-lance-oliver-queen-gif-9.gif

----------

Slade Wilson: Are you ready to begin?

Oliver Queen: I-I can barely stand...

Slade Wilson: [kicks him] The Salmon Ladder does not wait for you to be ready! The Salmon Ladder is not considerate, or fair! And make no mistake: here, you face The Salmon Ladder.

----------------

Malcolm Merlyn: You are just an ordinary man in a hood! That's why you couldn't fight injustice and that's why you can't stop this earthquake machine!

Oliver Queen: Who said anything about stopping it?

[Shanks Merlyn]

--------------------

Laurel Lance.: Hood? Hood! Why's he running dad?

Quentin Lance: Because we have to chase him.

Cop: Okay we're going in! Go, go! Move!

Laurel Lance.: He didn't do anything wrong. Wait, no he did. He's a murderer. But I want him so bad. No, he's not a murderer, he's a good man. But he kills people. He's an asshole fuck him. Lord, I want him. Hell with you, Tommy.

arrow-an-innocent-man-laurel-lance-oliver-queen-gif-8.gif

--------------------------

The Count: Oh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren't you? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

Arrow: What?

[throws him out of a 72nd floor window]

---------------------

Quentin Lance: The Arrow... has to come back.

Oliver Queen: What if he doesn't exist anymore...?

Quentin Lance: He must... he must...

mine-arrow-damaged-gif-quentin-lance.gif

-------------

Malcolm Merlyn: So, you came back to die with your city.
Oliver Queen: No. I came back to stop you.
Malcolm Merlyn: Come on, you can do better than that.

----------------------

John Diggle: With respect Oliver, perhaps this is a man that *you* don't fully understand, either. During my last tour, I was in Afghanistan. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Kabul by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.

---------------------

Season 5:

Oliver Queen: Why didn't you just... kill me?

Deathstroke: You don't fear death... You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.

Oliver Queen: Torture?

Deathstroke: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.

Oliver Queen: Where am I?

Deathstroke: Home, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this island is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked out to the shore and imagined sailing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize Starling, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to stay in the sun. You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure... I will destroy Starling and then, when it is done and Starling is ashes... then you have my permission to die. Welcome home, Oliver.

----------------------

Quentin Lance: I never cared who you were...

Arrow: And you were right.

Quentin Lance: ...but shouldn't the people know the hero whot saved them?

Arrow: A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting forgiving a man for accidentally getting his younger daughter trapped in a hellish prison while cheating on the oldest daughter with her.

Quentin Lance: I know it's you, Oliver.

-----------

Malcolm Merlyn: Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear.

tumblr_mwlhli20eB1r6glglo1_400.gif

I'm sure we can figure out more.

I forget why I'm doing this though.

Wiktor

Oliver Queen: No. I came back to stop you.
Malcolm Merlyn: Come on, you can do better than that.

This one is too easy:

Oliver Queen: No. I came back to save it.

This one is too easy:

Oliver Queen: No. I came back to save it.

I hope this sort of moment comes up again in Arrow so they can have this exchange of words, cause in TDKR that was a truly awful moment. It is the obvious choice, and yet.

But if we were gonna do serious ones...

Quentin Lance: ...but shouldn't the people know the hero who saved them?

Arrow: A hero can be anyone.

Quentin Lance: Even Oliver Queen.

Joni

"The DC Network Feat. Vampires"

The Vampire Diaries and Arrow do share many elements though, and it became a very good show after a rocky start. But yes, it has more romance, but the story and mystery are all worth it too.

Wiktor

although cw shows are really in those teen target demographic, at least they are watchable. arrow is maybe pushing for the older teen audience (but hey, these days getting banged is normal in a teen's show), but the vampire diaries audience and arrow audience aren't the same people.

I think there's a pretty big overlap though. VD became so popular because it was able to go outside of Twilight audience and deliver just straight up great fast paced thriller-like storytelling. Same as Arrow is now. Plus there's Ammell..which let's be honest...surely increases the female audience considerably.

I mean..look at Supernatural. That was the first true hit for CW. And on sufrace it's very male-centric shows. The guys are though, there's no romance and it's manly in oldschool kind of way. And yet the female audience for it is big, mostly because of how good looking two male leads are.

Tugatrix

Quentin Lance: ...but shouldn't the people know the hero whot saved them?

Arrow: A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting forgiving a man for accidentally getting his younger daughter trapped in a hellish prison while cheating on the oldest daughter with her.

Quentin Lance: I know it's you, Oliver.

This must happen

Tabby

Laurel Lance.: Hood? Hood! Why's he running dad?

Quentin Lance: Because we have to chase him.

Cop: Okay we're going in! Go, go! Move!

Laurel Lance.: He didn't do anything wrong. Wait, no he did. He's a murderer. But I want him so bad. No, he's not a murderer, he's a good man. But he kills people. He's an asshole fuck him. Lord, I want him. Hell with you, Tommy.

arrow-an-innocent-man-laurel-lance-oliver-queen-gif-8.gif

Accurate. I want to see this.

Has this been posted?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa59sYS4qbM
Same as the other link I posted but it's the full scene, and it doesn't have that interview thing.

Ironic that the fastest man alive is late.

I've seen a few episodes now on Netflix and its not as cosplay-tastic as Smallville was. But every episode its "Oh let me use my Windows 8 tablet to do this. Also, have you heard of this new Windows 8 tablet and/or phone? Its great. Now about that life or death situation we need to solve..."

Penguin

I've seen a few episodes now on Netflix and its not as cosplay-tastic as Smallville was. But every episode its "Oh let me use my Windows 8 tablet to do this. Also, have you heard of this new Windows 8 tablet and/or phone? Its great. Now about that life or death situation we need to solve..."

I don't mind the product placement.. since it at least makes sense to be around all the time.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Just wait until Arrow fights the Googler played by Rip Taylor.

Ollie: "I need more information on who this guy is."

Felicity: "Sure thing. I'll just hack the CIA database with my Windows 8 Tablet quickly. And I'm in. Here's that info!"

It makes me chuckle but I don't mind it particularly.

Wiktor

Well..it's not like hacking would be possible with any tablet outside of W8 ones though.

Plus you gotta love how all the badguys are using Thinkpads :D

Well..it's not like hacking would be possible with any tablet outside of W8 ones though.

Plus you gotta love how all the badguys are using Thinkpads :D

Well yes, the whole idea generally is quite silly. I just mentioned the Windows 8 Tablet part because of the obvious branding at work.

Also, I find it humorous on a separate level. Years ago Mike Myers did the whole branding gag in Wayne's World and it was funny because it was so over the top obvious and now that's actually legitimately being used in TV today.

*Character 1 hangs up phone call*
Character 2: "Hey, how did you get that call? I get no reception on my phone here."
Character 1: "It's my Boost Mobile pre-paid phone. Gets reception everywhere and the minutes are super cheap."
Character 1: "I definitely need to switch. Well, let's go stop these terrorists from kidnapping the congressman!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom