• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes, the whole idea generally is quite silly. I just mentioned the Windows 8 Tablet part because of the obvious branding at work.

Also, I find it humorous on a separate level. Years ago Mike Myers did the whole branding gag in Wayne's World and it was funny because it was so over the top obvious and now that's actually legitimately being used in TV today.

*Character 1 hangs up phone call*
Character 2: "Hey, how did you get that call? I get no reception on my phone here."
Character 1: "It's my Boost Mobile pre-paid phone. Gets reception everywhere and the minutes are super cheap."
Character 1: "I definitely need to switch. Well, let's go stop these terrorists from kidnapping the congressman!"

I remember rolling my eyes when watching Buffy and Willow hacks police or whatever with her Mac laptop and some Mavis Beacon typing classes under her belt.

Snake

I've seen a few episodes now on Netflix and its not as cosplay-tastic as Smallville was. But every episode its "Oh let me use my Windows 8 tablet to do this. Also, have you heard of this new Windows 8 tablet and/or phone? Its great. Now about that life or death situation we need to solve..."

You say this as if the Microsoft Surface isn't the premiere crime-fighting tool of today's superhero on the go.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think I'd be happier if TV shows ignored hacking altogether.

Edit: But then again, that would deprive us from Felicity's boob window, and that can't stand.

They should have introduced Bruce Wayne or Barbara Gordon. They are not going to make a Batman TV show because Arrow IS Batman. Rich guy? Check. Custom gadgets made possible by family fortune? Check. Guilt trip from beyond the grave? Check. Broody and often stubborn to the point of irrational? Check.

Just throw in Babs. They're already in the Watchtower aren't they?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm still convinced that they'll find a way to turn Felicity into Oracle.

But proper Babs would be fucking awesome, not just because the show could use a redheaded hottie.

smr00

Banned
And lose Supernatural and The Originals? No thanks.

But having a couple of DC nights on there? I am fine with that.
Supernatural should of ended at season 5.

Season 6 was hot garbage, 7 was an improvement and 8-9 have been ok at best. Look, i am a huge Supernatural fan. Own 8 seasons on blu-ray and the shitty anime on blu-ray but this show needs to end by season 10.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
"He penetrates just fine."

DbhHLKk.jpg

Say no more!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Is it me or is Felicity about to lose her shit in that clip? She looks like she's trying to contain her laughter hard in the first couple of seconds. Either that, or the world's sneakiest ladyfart.

Emily Bett has a tattoo on her foot it reads "Dream big" !!! You better believe it!!!

I hope she likes mine on my pelvis that reads, "The Pen is mightier than the sword."

ReiGun

The Arrow team managed to nail the most important aspect of bringing any superhero to live action: making them a likable son of a bitch. Grant's Barry is so awesome in just the clips we've seen. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

The Arrow team managed to nail the most important aspect of bringing any superhero to live action: making them a likable son of a bitch. Grant's Barry is so awesome in just the clips we've seen. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.
Two clips and he is already more enjoyable to me than any brah from Agents of Shield or any Whedon influenced character in the MCU.

Well Ausiello has brought us some new scoop in his latest Ask Ausiello.

Question: Any update on new Arrow villains arriving soon? —Harry
Ausiello: Yes, Clock King’s time has come! Sources confirm that the CW hit will introduce the pivotal DC Comics baddie (aka William Tockman) later this season. The casting notice calls for an actor in his 40s or 50s to play the criminal mastermind who has “the mind of a chess grandmaster, and can envision all the interlocking pieces of Starling City and adjust them in favor of his crimes.” Got casting tips? Hit the comments!

Question: What’s the deal with particle accelerator Arrow keeps talking about in the background on the news? Is this a problem to come? —Savannah
Ausiello: It’s gonna be a problem for this guy, that’s for sure.

The second question is pretty obvious to us, but links to a new article from yesterday that I can't remember if it was posted here or not. So casting ideas for Clock King?

The second question is pretty obvious to us, but links to a new article from yesterday that I can't remember if it was posted here or not. So casting ideas for Clock King?

mentalist_event_main.jpg

Pruitt Taylor Vince maybe. But his casting would mean the character would be dead in 45 seconds cause Starling lol.

lol, Scott Bakula? Found this on Google:

Penguin

William Tockman?
I prefer Temple Fugate

Rokam

Been doing a season 1 "rewatch" of sorts the past few nights, season 2 really shits all over early season 1 and I liked early 1. Had to skip the Huntress episodes... so awful.

Sloane

Banned
Been doing a season 1 "rewatch" of sorts the past few nights, season 2 really shits all over early season 1 and I liked early 1. Had to skip the Huntress episodes... so awful.
Is there a list of season 1 episodes that are actually worth watching? Kinda wanna give the show a shot but don't want to watch the whole first season.

Sepinwall wrote recently he watched the first two episodes, Year's End," "Dead to Rights," "Salvation," "The Undertaking," "Darkness on the Edge of Town" and "Sacrifice."

Reasonable?

Clevinger

Is there a list of season 1 episodes that are actually worth watching? Kinda wanna give the show a shot but don't want to watch the whole first season.

Sepinwall wrote recently he watched the first two episodes, Year's End," "Dead to Rights," "Salvation," "The Undertaking," "Darkness on the Edge of Town" and "Sacrifice."

Reasonable?

I think you should add in episodes 3, 4, 5, and 14. Those episodes are important for setting up Oliver's comrades/Team Arrow. Other than that, I think you're good.

There's a recurring villain that you miss out on. He shows up again briefly in season 2. If you want his eps then add in 12 and 19. He's pretty polarizing though so I don't know if it's worth it to you to try. But like Sepinwall said, he skipped that part and has been enjoying the new season fine so it's not essential.

anaron

It's not a thing. One is clearly superior to the other.
So? He's needlessly pitting them against eachother as if someone is constantly arguing which show does what better in conversations where there's not even appropriate context for it.

It's thirsty and tacky.

Wiktor

So? He's needlessly pitting them against eachother as if someone is constantly arguing which show does what better in conversations where there's not even appropriate context for it.

It's thirsty and tacky.

I don't think it's ill intentioned. Most people bring up the comparision in context of "please for the love of God..AoS writers, look at Arrow and learn how to make a good superhero show" because they want two good superhero shows on the air.

I don't think it's ill intentioned. Most people bring up the comparision in context of "please for the love of God..AoS writers, look at Arrow and learn how to make a good superhero show" because they want two good superhero shows on the air.

Eh... sort of. The thing is, SHIELD isn't a Superhero show. Never was going to be, so that desire is really misplaced. There's more to it but I've posted about it enough in the AoS thread, so there's no need to repeat it here. The constant comparisons do get old. Especially if you follow multiple new shows in their official threads. There's a lot of comparisons to AoS going on that aren't warranted. I mean, at least with Arrow-AoS comparisons you have two comic IP's but really that's where the comparisons should end.

Emwitus

I think you should add in episodes 3, 4, 5, and 14. Those episodes are important for setting up Oliver's comrades/Team Arrow. Other than that, I think you're good.

There's a recurring villain that you miss out on. He shows up again briefly in season 2. If you want his eps then add in 12 and 19. He's pretty polarizing though so I don't know if it's worth it to you to try. But like Sepinwall said, he skipped that part and has been enjoying the new season fine so it's not essential.

image.php

i can't stop staring at your avatar :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom