• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Barry in tonight's episode is an example of how to make all the right changes to a character when translating from comics to screen. I'm actually into Barry Allen for once. lol

Clevinger

- I don't know anything about Barry Allen/The Flash and have never seen Grant Gustin act before, but he's impressed me so far. Besides doing a good job with some awkward dialogue, he does a bunch of little things like when he's nervous that sell it very well
- Shado pointing out that Ollie's love for Laurel is a joke
- oh shit, awesome action scene
for some reason I love when Ollie loses a fight
- Moira being a boss
- Roy wears the worst fucking suits, good lord
- Roy to walk with a limp from now on? (oliver is clearly still a crazy person, and I love it)
- another great action scene
and another Ollie smackdown :D
- I didn't even realize Laurel wasn't in this episode until it was done and read someone's post

damn, that was great. I'm on board with barry allen

Replicant

This is the 2nd episode this season to not really feature Laurel?

They really weren't kidding when they suggested her possible appearance reduction in the new poster for 2nd season:

7Sjvntj.jpg

She was front and center for the 1st season poster. Now she's even behind Slade.

Grant Gustin was awesome, pleasantly surprised by him! He will make an excellent Barry Allen, i'm certain of it. A question though,
is he going to get his powers in the next episode or is it something they will save for the pilot?

As for The Flash pilot.......

I think the idea of him investigating weird crimes is awesome. An over arcing story of him trying to find his mother's killer reminds me of early Supernatural too, there's a lot of great stuff they can do with this guy.

The Island stuff was awesome too, can't wait to see what happens next week.

Tabby

Grant Gustin was awesome, pleasantly surprised by him! He will make an excellent Barry Allen, i'm certain of it. A question though,
is he going to get his powers in the next episode or is it something they will save for the pilot?

As for The Flash pilot.......

I think the idea of him investigating weird crimes is awesome. An over arcing story of him trying to find his mother's killer reminds me of early Supernatural too, there's a lot of great stuff they can do with this guy.

The Island stuff was awesome too, can't wait to see what happens next week.

The leaked and extended promo showed a clip of
him getting doused with chemicals and getting hit with lightning. So I'm going to assume that yeah he gets his powers

Good episode.

Thoughts...
-Obviously Slade isn't really dead, but please fix his face!
-Barry was alright, he needs some protein shakes though.
-I don't like how they tried to instantly play off any feeling Felicity had for Oliver though, I'm hoping it was just her being mad.
-I am now worried that they want to ship off Felicity to the rumored Flash spin-off. NONONONONO CW.
-Roy's party outfit was amazing, but it doesn't fit his character at all. That seemed like a Colton special.
-Thea and Malcom make the exact same facial expressions.
-For the love of god, please invent some story (I don't care what) to get rid of that absolutely awful chest tattoo Ollie has. It looks horrendous and doesn't serve any purpose anymore.

Another good episode... Barry was pretty decent. I liked him. It's really fun to watch his awkward interactions with Felicity and everyone's comments about his age. I also liked that Moira knew a lot about the League of Assasins and was able to use that to protect herself and Thea from Malcolm for now.

anaron

I've always liked Arrow's score but it was especially memorable tonight. The piano piece accompanying Barry (his now theme?) was really pretty.

rexor0717

Oliver went Skyrim on Roy. This was a really fun episode, I think Barry Allen is great. I love the music that accompanied his scenes.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Loved tonight's episode. The action scenes were great. Didn't even notice Laurel's absence till someone mentioned it here. Do it CW. Get rid of her no one will notice.

I actually like how they're handling the introduction of superpowers. I hope we get to see Death Stroke soon. I can't take wounded Slade, it breaks my heart.

But daaaaamn Felicity is all over Barry Allen. She is a mamma lion with her cub when Oliver zeroes in on Allen. She will bite Ollie's head off.w

t4Nn6Pm.jpg

Mortemis

Banned
Loved this episode. Lol at Ollie just shooting Roy in the leg, however fucked up it was. Can't wait for Roy to join the team though.

Barry was great in this episode, though I got a lot of Wally vibes from him. The "blur" he saw is what I'm guessing is a Zoom reference. Can't wait for the Flash show.

And I'm laughing a bit too hard at how great this episode was, seeing as it's an episode without Laurel.

Barzul

Man Felicity is hottttt. Anyways I'm glad Oliver got his ass handed to him, makes it more real. This season has been top notch. Way better than the first one.

Now I've never read any comics so I dont know the Arrow story completely...but the way the story is told - I'm guessing Oliver will end up with Laurel at the end which is beyond dumb of him when he has the heavenly blessed beauty Felicity right in front of him who I would white knight every single time. Pls Ollie, be smart about this now

Snake

Just hook this show directly to my veins.

Good stuff all around. I was one of the biggest haters when Grant Gustin was announced for Barry Allen, but all of that material was pretty good.

The buildup they've got going on right now [Ra's / Brother Blood / Deathstroke] is phenomenal. Can't wait for next week.

Cade

Extended Promo shows
DEATHSTROKE IN THE CITY
but maybe it's a
hallucination like Shado

Great episode tonight. Really digging Gustin's Flash, though I wasn't sure at first. Can't wait for the 11th.

god I now worry for the future of Olicity :( but Felicity did look mighty fine
damn at Moira namedrop
lol at the kneecap on Roy

preview spoiler:
holy shit he wearing a mask now :eek:

Wiktor

Amazing episode. Barry was great, the triangle with him Felicity and Ollie was hilarious and the fight sequences were amazing.

Also...dat ending and Olie slowing Roy down :D

Wow, seems like every character had screen time except Laurel. Makes me wonder how she'll be brought back into the picture.

Show is getting in serious mode. We only saw Angry Arrow and Apologetic Ollie this ep

Looks like he'll finally put on a proper mask, thank fucking GOD. And I love how they've introduced superhuman abilities, very well done. Though I am laughing that the miracle drug is literally...miracle and they feel the need to say it with a japanese pronounciation.

"How did you get the mirakuru!?!" lololololol

Love this show. I'd never thought I'd see the day I prefer a TV adaption of a superhero to the comic original. The addition of Batman's & Teen Titan's rogue gallery makes it all the more amazing,

Sloane

Banned
I think you should add in episodes 3, 4, 5, and 14. Those episodes are important for setting up Oliver's comrades/Team Arrow. Other than that, I think you're good.

There's a recurring villain that you miss out on. He shows up again briefly in season 2. If you want his eps then add in 12 and 19. He's pretty polarizing though so I don't know if it's worth it to you to try. But like Sepinwall said, he skipped that part and has been enjoying the new season fine so it's not essential.
Thanks!

rakhir

Though I am laughing that the miracle drug is literally...miracle and they feel the need to say it with a japanese pronounciation.

"How did you get the mirakuru!?!" lololololol
Yeah, but then they would asked everyone about a "Miracle", which would sound even sillier.

Felicity is on her way to becoming Power Girl - the boob window is already there!

Yeah, but then they would asked everyone about a "Miracle", which would sound even sillier.

Felicity is on her way to becoming Power Girl - the boob window is already there!

My only issue is...the Japanese wouldn't have called their drug "mirakuru" anyway, I mean they have a word for "miracle drug" or close enough anyway, could have just said "Reiyaku". Easy enough to pronounce in English and as a side effect it makes it sound even more mysterious to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom