• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

I was more disappointed that they killed off Amanda Waller than I was Laurel.

At least with Waller there was always a Suicide Squad side story that could take place. Lyla had her whole team killed in one day.

Indeed. I would love to see what they could do in a world where they can do anything they want with Suicide Squad: Amanda Waller, Deadshot, DeathStroke, Boomerang, Cupid, Bronze Tiger and Tara Strong's Harley Quinn.

Saw the finales of Arrow and Flash yesterday and while the Arrow Season 4 finale was alright, I think it was much better than the Flash's finale which I really disliked.

Legends' finale, though? My soul is burning at how amazing it was.

zulux21

As someone who still really enjoys the show it is absolutely glorious to watch. So entertaining.

this was the first season I didn't have to actively dread watching more episodes :p

it was also the most flash like season even in terms of random bullcrap lol.

the middle was weak but the start and finish were good enough.

meanwhile the second half of flash just wasn't that good.

still need to finish legends tonight, but bad start aside I think Izombie wins the best DC CW show of the season.

despite everything flash is in second for me.

and unless legends has an amazing last 7 episodes arrow would likely be above it as I held the show to higher standards from the start since it was supposed to be a one season and done story line which makes the poor pacing in the first 8 episodes really insufferable.

Saw the finales of Arrow and Flash yesterday and while the Arrow Season 4 finale was alright, I think it was much better than the Flash's finale which I really disliked.

Legends' finale, though? My soul is burning at how amazing it was.

I definitely liked Arrow this season more than Flash. To be fair, it was hard for Flash to top s1 though, it was downright amazing. Arrow did really well this season, IMO. And Legends, while having some stumbles here and there, ended on a very very high note for Arrowverse in general. I think it's all looking on the up and up for next season for all 4 shows.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was expecting a buzzfeed

Not far off, I'm not clicking through 15 pages. Fuck that.

I think Felicity is supposed to be considered hot within the show. Curtis made a comment when he met her dad about how she made more sense now. I took that to mean she has the smoking hot looks of Mama Smoak, but he was wondering where the computer magic came from. It's hard to tell though. I can't remember the last time I saw someone that wasn't conventionally attractive on a CW show. Roy's nickname was "Abercrombie" after all lol

Joni

I think Felicity is supposed to be considered hot within the show. Curtis made a comment when he met her dad about how she made more sense now. I took that to mean she has the smoking hot looks of Mama Smoak, but he was wondering where the computer magic came from. It's hard to tell though. I can't remember the last time I saw someone that wasn't conventionally attractive on a CW show. Roy's nickname was "Abercrombie" after all lol

Indeed, it is always said how she gets her looks from Donna, and even Sara made it clear she liked how Felicity looked.

ZeroX03

Banned

It was a reference to the brains, not sure if it was really about the looks. Heck it's established that she's not even a natural blonde.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Has Katie Cassidy been cast in another show yet? If not, I'm still holding out hope Laurel will be back.

Nope, haven't seen anything about her being cast elsewhere. She does modelling and fashion stuff too, so who knows.

Grizzlyjin

Laurel will more than likely make an appearance in S5.
Her Earth-2 version that is.

#DramaCity

I hope we get another Cupid appearance next year. Of course another Constantine episode, and maybe Vixen done well. Maybe her asking Team Arrow for help with something so they head to Detroit and give her an assist.

Like an even lower-rent version of the Batman/Bane final battle from The Dark Knight Rises. That whole scene felt like budget TDKR.
That fight wouldnt have bothered me if they hadnt done it twice before on arrow with team arrow/league of shadows vs deathstrokes army and bricks army vs arsenal & black canarys army of civilians with sticks. Bricks army was also armed like dahks and didnt fire a shot when confronted.

ZeroX03

Banned
Has Katie Cassidy been cast in another show yet? If not, I'm still holding out hope Laurel will be back.

Not in any series regular capacity.

Her exit also came late in the season and she wasn't aware of it more than a few week in advance, she missed the bulk of pilot season and casting.

No. But I think she'll try movies now.

C lister stuff maybe.

- J - D -

That fight wouldnt have bothered me if they hadnt done it twice before on arrow with team arrow/league of shadows vs deathstrokes army and bricks army vs arsenal & black canarys army of civilians with sticks. Bricks army was also armed like dahks and didnt fire a shot when confronted.

That is true, but this comes off inexplicably worse than the previous ones you mentioned.

LionPride

Banned
This season was kinda on par with Season 2 tbh. Was such a good season for the most part. I think of it like Friday Night Lights season 2, really good, minus one plot line

Grizzlyjin

I love how salty Amell is on Facebook. Dude's being called out for this whack-ass show and he doesn't take it well.

I feel bad for the actors. They have contracts, the most they could do is argue about lines and maybe asked to be killed off. Fans like to blame them but the acting isn't any worse than it was in earlier seasons, it's the writing. I'm one of the people that thought S4 was solid but even weaker seasons like S3 come down to the writing. The actors become this figurehead and public face of the show, and the fans take out frustration with the direction it moves in on them. I remember seeing people complain on social media about Cassidy leaving, but like ZeroX03 mentioned, she didn't even know until a few weeks before they shot the episode.

I think the show would work so much better if they had even the broadest of outlines about where they want to end the season. When you don't do that you start seeing situations where they obviously wrote themselves into a corner or characters do something uncharacteristic or stupid to move the plot along.

Grizzlyjin

Are you guys telling me somebody else writes what they say? I thought Stephen Amell came up with everything himself!

Arrow is actually one big improv session. Only comic show on the air today that is done Live.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you're giving Stephen Amell shit about the show on his Facebook:

1) You are the salty one.

2) You are a manbaby.

Nabs

If you're giving Stephen Amell shit about the show on his Facebook:

1) You are the salty one.

2) You are a manbaby.

I don't even feel comfortable using the term manbaby for these people. I don't even feel comfortable calling them people, tbh.

I love how salty Amell is on Facebook. Dude's being called out for this whack-ass show and he doesn't take it well.

1. He's an actor on the show. He's not the showrunner. He's not in the writer's room. He doesn't have control over how much screen time Felicity has.

2. Even if he shared the opinion of the sexist, man-babies that take it upon themselves to harass him, he isn't in a place to share that opinion in public. Beyond being an actor, he's an ambassador for the show in public. This means he has to promote the show in a positive way.

3. Just going by the toxic waste dump that /r/Arrow has become, and the pretty shitty attitudes displayed here, Arrow-haters should probably take a look at their own wack-ass lives and attitudes before harassing a television actor about a role he plays.

So after watching Arrow and Flash season finale the writers dropped the ball, they should have let Darkh end the world only to have Flash rewrite it and permanently keep flashpoint as the new world since darkh nuke it all..oh well..

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
https://www.reddit.com/r/arrow/comments/4lik3l/spoilers_arrow_was_supposed_to_end_with_oliver/

Pretty interesting theory tbh. Sad!

Excuse the donald trump tweet style (I couldn't help myself), but I do remember Amell saying the plan was always for 5 seasons (towards the end of s1) and that they had a cohesive plan for how the flashbacks would wrap up and end at the s1 beginning by the end of a hypothetical season 5. Does seem like at some point they just completely abandoned this charted out plan or that the big plot points were always there, but the actual journey and little details just got bogged down in shit.

ZeroX03

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/arrow/comments/4lik3l/spoilers_arrow_was_supposed_to_end_with_oliver/

Pretty interesting theory tbh. Sad!

Excuse the donald trump tweet style (I couldn't help myself), but I do remember Amell saying the plan was always for 5 seasons and that they had a cohesive plan for how the flashbacks would wrap up and end at the s1 beginning by the end of a hypothetical season 5. Does seem like at some point they just completely abandoned this charted out plan or that the big plot points were there, but the actual journey and little details just got bogged down in shit.

"Why this would explain all the problems of the past two seasons"

I mean it doesn't, it really doesn't.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
"Why this would explain all the problems of the past two seasons"

I mean it doesn't, it really doesn't.

I think his point is the past two seasons feel so inorganic (heh), hamfisted, and at some point sjarring because they deviated from their original plan and then picknicked. Just made shit up completely, like how Guggie said they had no idea who would be in the grave when they started the season.

Obviously this all comes down to opinion (some people actually like the past two seasons), but based on interviews and the like from s1 it seems pretty clear that Green Arrow + Black Canary was always the end game (hell just watch s1 and s2 you get these vibes). Deviating from this, killing off Laurel, and just all around going off the reservation could explain some of the jumbled plot threads. All speculation though, from another perspective nothing is wrong with the show. From an alternative perspective the original plan was always this, and was always shit. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom