• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art Academy: SketchPad |OT|

DekuLink

my first attempt

zlCfzRFetDoKlwgeeY

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaW0XF-GLg

Kanyon

The amount of talent on display in this thread is mind blowing, GAF has an awesomely creative community! I have nothing to contribute artwise, just wanted to pass on my thanks for all the awesome artwork shown and to give kudos where it's due.

Thanks Art-GAF, keep up the good work!

Brannon

That's it; I need to unlock my inner drawdude of the distant past. Thankfully there was a sale on Art Academy for 3DS at my local Target, so that's gonna happen. Wonder if I'll need to upgrade my 3DS to a larger size...

Lumyst

What's with all those avatars wearing a W101 black mask? Is it a new GAF meme? Did I miss something?

It's a stand of solidarity/camaraderie and mark of enthusiasm for the upcoming Wonderful 101 game, like the Luigi hats for the Year of Luigi, the leaf for Animal Crossing, etc. I suppose when the Art Academy retail title comes out people will have a . . . paint brush maybe lol. Maybe I'll choose an avatar by then.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's a stand of solidarity/camaraderie and mark of enthusiasm for the upcoming Wonderful 101 game, like the Luigi hats for the Year of Luigi, the leaf for Animal Crossing, etc. I suppose when the Art Academy retail title comes out people will have a . . . paint brush maybe lol. Maybe I'll choose an avatar by then.

this

Baleoce

My 3DS XL came today, but I just missed out on those half price art academy DLC lessons it seems xD ah well, maybe next time.

Rhapsody

Banned
funny enough: the pics I've posted are still there (last page). so they are still stored in the cloudfront.

I've tried to figure out a way to get access to his last drawing in the cloudfront. no dice.

Seems like they're actually gone now even from your posts. Unless I'm missing something.

GC|Simon

All of those pictures are damn beautiful... but some are somewhere between super sick to impossible. Can't believe my eyes sometimes.

jmls1121

Banned
I've been checking this Miiverse community every night and have been consistently blown away.

There are so many incredibly artists out there. Holy shit.

Brannon

Probably the best thing is Art Academy on 3DS, lol

Although it seems likely they will release DLC lessons for Wii U as well.

Heh, just got it the other day, but I could still use a book to peruse in the meanwhile. God damn I want my skill back.

Enough bitching from me, time to practice a bit.

Nullgradkelvin

Neo Member
I can't believe my eyes...
The Art Academy Miiverse Community is exploding with fantastic pieces of art!

I thought the black & white drawings in Miiverse couldn't be bested.
But color is an impressive tool to express the artist's imagination.

Lumyst

GMT killing it again! This guy is UNBELIEVABLE!

zlCfzRFi8IkyiSc0A2

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAABAADRUV6gwi9FsA

This is one of those images that you know comes from somebody who "thinks" when they draw. For instance, to draw a "brown" dog? I wouldn't have thought to use the colors "orange" and "red". This reminds me of artwork of sunsets. Have you ever seen a drawing of a sunset? Turns out coloring a sunset requires the colors "purple/violet" and "blue" even though you may expect to only use "red" and "orange."

Totakeke

This is one of those images that you know comes from somebody who "thinks" when they draw. For instance, to draw a "brown" dog? I wouldn't have thought to use the colors "orange" and "red". This reminds me of artwork of sunsets. Have you ever seen a drawing of a sunset? Turns out coloring a sunset requires the colors "purple/violet" and "blue" even though you may expect to only use "red" and "orange."

Edit: Nevermind. :) Misread your post.

Lumyst

Hah, I bet you thought I said "thinks they can draw" lol. I get envious when I see good drawings, I'm the kind of person who tries to draw a flower but when it comes out wrong I turn it into an angry penis monster :p I guess another analogy is when making a pizza. You can put pepperoni, sausage, cheese, sauce, etc. on it, but once you add mushrooms, the pizza is taken to a whole other level. Likewise, if you're drawing a brown dog, if you know to use the color red, you've taken it to another level.

Kyzon

I need to figure out how to color better. I've always been terrible at coloring XD

Anyways, here's my first drawing. Excuse Carnage over there. I do like how Venom came out though. :p

zlCfzRFlx0U8SfBqsw

Usobuko

Banned
For some reasons, threads like this give me a positive impression of the miiverse community or whatever it is called. I'm quite enticed to embrace it once I buy a Wii U for Wonderful 101.

Top Bottom