• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art Academy: SketchPad |OT|

Volotaire

zlCfzRFXsMs9pmJuwo

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAADYUV6npMzbuA

WOah!.. These images are too good......!

Just a reminder to any EU GAF fans that are looking to brush up on their art skills and happen to have the 3DS Art Academy app. The 50% off sale for DLC lessons in the 3DS title end at midnight tonight.

89p per lesson and it'll only cost about £12 to cover the entire lesson list (most come with sub-lessons too which teach neat tips and tricks related to the main lesson : ) )

Baleoce

Just a reminder to any EU GAF fans that are looking to brush up on their art skills and happen to have the 3DS Art Academy app. The 50% off sale for DLC lessons in the 3DS title end at midnight tonight.

89p per lesson and it'll only cost about £12 to cover the entire lesson list (most come with sub-lessons too which teach neat tips and tricks related to the main lesson : ) )

Damnit. My 3DS XL isn't arriving until Monday, and between that and Colors! 3D that was a big part of the reason I bought it xD

Pachimari

Oh man I gotta go buy the 3DS game in around 2-3 hours time then, hopefully my local GameStops have it.

Muku

These are mine (i'm definitely going to have to sink some time into the 3DS version and finish off the lessons)

zlCfzRFbvdwj8XHjDW

Awesome. Saw that up there earlier today and gave that a yeah! :)

Does anyone have a preferred paper type and medium?

Haven't played with all the paper types yet. Though really gotta play with them all a bit before I figure out one I like. As for medium, depends on what I'm doing. Large area to cover? Pastels obviously. Details and lines? Colored pencils. Though I like mixing them up. Can't wait for painting though, that's what I really want.

Tenki

Is it possible to put a custom image on the TV? I mean, I don't want to use of the example photos to have it on the TV, I want to use one of mine.

These are incredible. Hope everyone keeps up the good work!

I'm surprised that Nintendo is letting some of the more suggestive images through though.

Super excited to buy this when I get back home to my Wii U. Still have to play that W101 demo too. This was a bad weekend to leave my Wii U.

Kyzon

How long does it take you guys to create something? I feel like I go really slow, and I get distracted too easily :/

Kyzon

My first piece took like 5 hours. You have to have time and be in the right mood and be excited for it. Try again another time with the right idea or ask for tips in here ot Miiverse.

I'll probably be trying tomorrow after work. What I don't understand though is the coloring process. I'll sketch out something, and then I have no idea what to do afterwards. I had originally thought that there would be some simpler coloring options.

Pachimari

I just bought the 3DS version but is it the First and Second Semester that are on sale until midnight? What about all the small pieces you can buy as well?

I just bought the 3DS version but is it the First and Second Semester that are on sale until midnight? What about all the small pieces you can buy as well?

It's the DLC lessons. (First and Second Semester are the original DSiware apps only), to access them, load up Art Academy and then go to the lessons menu, there will be an "Add-On Lessons" submenu which leads to an option to buy or view lessons.

If it makes you feel any better, the original DSiWare title has it's own set of lessons, I suppose you could also consider it an interesting look at the apps humble beginnings as a small DSiware offering

EDIT: whoops assumed you were american because gamestop stores, I tend to forget those places actually exist outside of americaland

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Can I buy them without the app (mine won't be here until tomorrow)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Afraid not. Nintendo's DLC policies seem to be that you need to buy their stuff within the game it's for.

Oh well, I bought it for £12 from amazon so I've saved enough for a few full price DLC lessons.

Are the DLC lessons for after you've progressed a bit? That will take me a long time I think

Oh well, I bought it for £12 from amazon so I've saved enough for a few full price DLC lessons.

Are the DLC lessons for after you've progressed a bit? That will take me a long time I think

I'm currently doing the sorbet lesson which is the first DLC lesson - and it includes paint mixing which the lessons on the cart have only just started touching on seriously in lesson 5. (I've not actually finished the basic lessons, let alone advanced heh...)

Generally the DLC lessons tackle specific areas like blending, texture effects... there's even a life drawing module if that takes your fancy. Vince still steps you though each process before letting you go on.

RomanceDawn

Man you guys are so good! I remember thinking I was really good at art until about the 10th grade when I took art history. Then life hit me for real and I realized I didn't know squat about diddly.

The way some people color just stuns me, these drawings just astound me. Still I guess I'll just continue my flat 2D drawings and be happy with it.

Top Bottom