• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArtGAF - InkTober 2016 - once more, unto the ink pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Day 5:

tumblr_oemdm3Bfy71rom6duo1_1280.jpg

Evilisk

Day 6:

I wasn't going to draw this originally but after getting randomly hooked on Text to Speech, Behemoth and other 40k related stuff (despite not being a 40k fan) I figured why not

I screwed up Kryptman's shoulder pad (since I used the video as a reference, and in that instance he was mirror flipped). I also used a bunch of pencils since I didn't want to use too much ink

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Day 5 - Morrigan Aensland

This one really frustrated me, I had a nice sketch on printer paper that I tried redoing on the watercolor paper I've been using for these, but I just couldn't capture that initial sketch right. Ended up just inking over the sketch. Then I realized I misplaced her shoulder straps, and I just kinda threw up my hands and told myself I was done with it. Maybe I'll revisit her later in the month, though I'll probably be moving on from Darkstalkers after the first week.

Day 6 - Jedah Dohma

Mailbox

So, now that i'm 3 days behind, I figured it would actually be better if I just make finished pictures rather than just super quick stuff. I'm much better at handling colour than I am at handling proportions and anatomy. Really really need to work on that.

So, drawing #3:

I shouldn't try crazy shaft head-tilts until I master anatomy yet :p

limlark

Someone save Servbot's puppies :C

Day 6, back on track with better looking art. These are some rocks that I own. Sort of. I only have 8 ink colors to work with here.

tumblr_oenus2yQRv1r5napzo1_1280.png

hi hi

its already oct 7 here, but i've only gotten up to 6 today, still need to play catch up on the weekend x___x

so here's my day 4, 5 and 6:

that's all out of me on this theme, i think... will have to find something new to draw tomorrow :>

Evilisk

Day 7:

I did the original drawings with pen, then used tracing paper, then went over it again in pen. Aside from the crappy feet, I should have put more space between the characters. Also I didn't expect it to be hard to scan tracing paper with my scanner. I think I might end up rescanning the picture.

Coincidentally, I'm planning to write about these two characters next month during NaNoWriMo. Despite the appearance, they're actually the main characters. The plan is to have a trio of protagonists (the third guy isn't pictured here) though I'm not 100% sure if I want to have a tritagonist

LegendX48

Yeah, or if you know you have a very easy solid area, you can use Photoshop.

Big old black marker/sharpie works too!

I use those

http://i.imgur.com/z4JkcmL.jpg[IMG]

I have a 1, 3, 5 and 8

I use mostly the 8 for solid blacks[/QUOTE]

[quote="DM_Uselink, post: 219339590"]Yup :)

Yeah, I also just use a marker with a bigger tip. (you can see my solid black areas are not that clean)[/QUOTE]
Ah, I'll have to dig around for a sharpie. Getting a brush pen soon too so that should be fun.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I slacked yesterday, hoping to get 2 done today.

I also have a 12 day Japan trip next month sooo whothefuck knows how that is gonna work (T_T)

Arex

I also have a 12 day Japan trip next month sooo whothefuck knows how that is gonna work (T_T)

a lot of train/ in train sketches is what's gonna happen I suppose haha

here's my day 8, lazy rainy day:

olympia

ditch your theme. seems like a good opportunity to draw from life haha. or you can integrate it. idk

ugh this is so gorge~ wth

how u do the shading and i love that expression u caught in the eyes *____*

and the red ink. i love the red ink amg

thanks duuuude

Meliora

I missed the first few days but I've drawn something for the last 3 days at least. It's been so long since I've done stuff with traditional media so I'm just doodling with no real plan, playing around and having fun : ) Drawn with these thin markers (looks like pencil on the grey bits but it's a grey marker) I have and some old Pilot pen for the black parts. Oh and some white pen for white stuff.

Day 1: Jaguars, because I love drawing big cats. Head ended up being a bit tigerish.

Day 2: Wolf? Didn't spend long on this one.

Day 3: Fox With Relaxing Leaves (seriously, drawing those leaves were such a great way to relax :p )

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ditch your theme. seems like a good opportunity to draw from life haha. or you can integrate it. idk

You know, I could do just that. Draw a store in Shinjuku, put a Reaper next to it and just say the Overwatch cast is vacationing

Raging Spaniard

I'm also going there for 12 days so I'd love to see what you can pull off. Prob staying in shinjuku too

Ha, small world! Are you there around the same time?

Got one done today, I'll get around to a second one later today as well

tumblr_oepey11BZI1qed0geo1_r1_1280.jpg

Ha, small world! Are you there around the same time?

Got one done today, I'll get around to a second one later today as well

Hey man, as far as I'm concerned, that counts as 4 haha!

For day 7, I did a combination of fan art and the theme I have going on. This is the Boogie man from the Ghostbusters cartoon (I feel he was legit creepy looking back in the day, and still does now)

In Mexico another "scare kids so that they behave" monster was "El Cucuy" He was basically the Boogieman.

BZb0aDh.png

Raging Spaniard

Some really apparent improvement already, team. Outstanding work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom