• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ArtGAF - InkTober 2016 - once more, unto the ink pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 8 is here
CuQmN1zXYAAdX86.jpg

A Filipino friend of mine suggested I do a few from his country's folklore. For day 8 I drew Manananggal

tS8PI0J.png

Awesome to see that this year's thread already has 5 pages on day 8. Last year it was already Oct. 17th when it hit page 5. Keep it up everyone!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
You may think McCree would lean towards certain movie genres, but maybe not!

tumblr_oerma1wedJ1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

mu cephei

Didn't really know what do do with it (that wouldn't take forever) so left it unfinished again as is. Drawing 03 (copy from Crystal Major by Moebius)

6c7m1QQ.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Arex, you are getting to a reeeal good place with those, man. Great.

I always knew Id end up drawing Sylvanas eventually

tumblr_oestlbhmdO1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Skwerl

Here are some of mine:
Day 3: collect
5MVfv6X.jpg

Day 6: Hidden: Uncovered lost prototype fighter
7EuroAk.jpg

Day 8 Rock:
fJ1FbvF.jpg

Day 9 Broken:
zndN7Ey.jpg

Arex

Cheers! going with a theme kinda made it easier, will see how far she'll go before I get bored lol

Here are some of mine:

Wow awesome planes those!

What kind of pens are these? I draw with ballpoint and I think it looks ass. I want something pretty like this.

They're unipin pen, I usually use the 0.2 or 0.3 ones https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HIL4SE/?tag=neogaf0e-20 ; the shading on her socks are pencil tho! And some other shading are copic markers :p

Skwerl

My day 9. Continued from last one I suppose :d

Did some e-stalking and looked at your artstation if you dont mind :p, great stuff man!
I love your hardsurface model, mind if I contact you off the board to talk about these nerdy art stuff?

Timo

Thanks for all kind words, i much appreciate it.

Im not sure what my modus operandi at this point is, but i did this lil guy and i thought id make it an inktober.

This is 100% nsfw. There are breasts. And a beast.

http://i.imgur.com/pgm7EwN.jpg

That is a Platinum CF5000 brushpen btw, shits amazing. I dont normally do drawing utensils in photos, but i wanted something to fill the bottom of the frame.

Skwerl

Thanks for all kind words, i much appreciate it.

Im not sure what my modus operandi at this point is, but i did this lil guy and i thought id make it an inktober.

This is 100% nsfw. There are breasts. And a beast.

http://i.imgur.com/pgm7EwN.jpg

That is a Platinum CF5000 brushpen btw, shits amazing. I dont normally do drawing utensils in photos, but i wanted something to fill the bottom of the frame.

That's some great line weight control, bravo!

limlark

So I let the last 3 days go by, and I'm not making them up. Just gonna try to get back on the wagon. I did decide to put more effort into this one in exchange. I thought, hey, you know what - these inks I have might be good for No Man's Sky scenery!

tumblr_oev8lm2r2v1r5napzo1_1280.png

O5qYjyW.png

Great stuff this year Inktober-GAF keep going !!! My daily themes are based on a mash of Inktober themes a couple of artist have posted.

cVMiI6R.jpg

Raging Spaniard

Drawing Lucio playing soccer was a bit too obvious but I couldnt resist :)

tumblr_oeve4tr0vB1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Arex

The Enchanter

Neo Member
So I've been in Rome the last few days. Inspired, I decided to try my hand at cartoony things. Think this is appropriate for Day 12: Worried.

comic.jpg

Jhoan

Man I fell off the wagon with the pace after last week since I got into working at NY Comic Con. Bought a brush pen and some sketchbooks though so hoping to post what I got so far some time by tomorrow.

Arex

Day 12, train is coming :) used trains/stations photos that I took for design reference for this and my previous one btw :)
Anyway, going to Singapore tomorrow, so might just draw something different while there XD

mu cephei

I thought I would give that weave-like hatching I've seen here a go. Anyway either I shouldn't have used the thick black pen for the deep shadows or I should have used a thicker black pen for the hatching... or something else (also please excuse the rubber peel on her sleeve, at least I hope that's what it is) Drawing 05 (copied from a National Geographic book)

haha sure why not :D

Great lineworks! D: , and DM_Uselink too, nice monsters!

Here's my day 11, passing train station gate; not sure if I should continue this further lol

Thanks, I'm looking forward to checking out your series after it's all done!

Skwerl: Love this one. Good idea adding the highlight.

I was behind 1 day! Here is days 11 and 12. Both North American cryptids.

The Jersey Devil

KjZznoX.png

Loveland Frog

MXNL9P4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom