• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arts & Farts

Mik2121

I think those totally make sense. And they are lovely. Love the temple atop of the mountain and the tower ruins.
The space ones are also great.

Thanks Ridley!

It seems like since I started posting, this thread has been quite dead lol :(

Today I'll be doing some more sketches at home while relaxing so if there's something worth posting, I'll take some pics again!

Thanks Ridley!

It seems like since I started posting, this thread has been quite dead lol :(

Today I'll be doing some more sketches at home while relaxing so if there's something worth posting, I'll take some pics again!

Its not very used, but sometimes has its peaks of people showing art.

Mik2121

I will stop posting for a bit until someone else comes. My sketches aren't good enough to be monopolizing this thread, lol

Anyway, this is some stuff I did during the weekend (yesterday and today). Mostly yesterday waiting for the pizza to be ready:

11226806_1059416570752942_1703721239_n.jpg
11249256_841314459268333_1147784846_n.jpg
Not feeling the avatar-looking floating islands thing, but still good for practice anyway.

Hey y'all ... I'm requesting a perma ban.

I'll miss all you crazy artists! Remember, you can either suffer from growing or you will suffer from being stagnant. It's your choice! Don't stop pushing yourselves. Don't give up!

I would like to give a shout out to C.B. Bliss, Phandy, Dosh, Raging Spaniard and any other art dudes and dudettes I forgot.

Things to clarify: I leaving just because I'm getting busy. Life is getting really busy and I need all the little time I can get and unfortunately browsing on gaf was taking up too much time. :(

I'll catch you guys in another life (IRL)

Before I go some art if you haven't seen it!

P.S. You can check out a piece I did in the upcoming Capcom Fighting Tribute Art Book that's due this year!

and you can check out this year's Famicase exhibition to see a cartridge I did. You can always find me on twitter, tumblr or DA.

:D

Xun

I'll miss all you crazy artists! Remember, you can either suffer from growing or you will suffer from being stagnant. It's your choice! Don't stop pushing yourselves. Don't give up!

I would like to give a shout out to C.B. Bliss, Phandy, Dosh, Raging Spaniard and any other art dudes and dudettes I forgot.

Things to clarify: I leaving just because I'm getting busy. Life is getting really busy and I need all the little time I can get and unfortunately browsing on gaf was taking up too much time. :(

P.S. You can check out a piece I did in the upcoming Capcom Fighting Tribute Art Book that's due this year!

and you can check out this year's Famicase exhibition to see a cartridge I did. You can always find me on twitter, tumblr or DA.

It's a real shame you're leaving, but good luck with the future man.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Jhoan

I will stop posting for a bit until someone else comes. My sketches aren't good enough to be monopolizing this thread, lol

Anyway, this is some stuff I did during the weekend (yesterday and today). Mostly yesterday waiting for the pizza to be ready:

Not feeling the avatar-looking floating islands thing, but still good for practice anyway.
I don't check this thread enough these days considering how there's two art threads to keep track of. These sketches are damn good. I love the scrapbook of your travels as well as someone who draws people in the subway/public here in NYC.

As someone who's struggling to make it as a Freelance Illustrator and trying to find my "style," I've enjoyed seeing your work on the art threads. It's awesome that your career picked up and you're getting lots of work. You've definitely got a "style" of your own that's for sure. And yeah, Raging Spaniard is awesome; I will always be grateful to him for pushing me to draw people in public to get better. In fact, I gave him a shout out in Tumblr that I made last week on the aforementioned public sketches. There's a fantastic art community here.

If you're out there reading this, I can't say I blame you for requesting a perma ban from GAF. It's something that I think about doing myself just so I can finally light a fire on my ass take doing art work seriously as a profession or at least a ban for a year. Regardless, I'll follow you on Tumblr and Twitter. Wishing you all the best man.

I made a thread for this here, but also figure I should post this in the arts section!

So for the last two years, I've been working on an art performance/ installation piece for my MFA thesis show. I've just installed the work, but need audience participation via memory submissions though a website I've made. Every day, through the site, I collect people's memories and attempt to recall them after sitting in the gallery space for x amount of hours (basically once I think I've remember all of that I can within that one sitting). I have a computer in the gallery for viewers to access the website when I'm not present, but I want people from around the world to access it and submit memories anonymously.

The installation is basically 500+ bottles of water for each memory to be held in. The paper I use to recall and write down your memories chemically reacts to the water and basically dissolves, leaving the ink behind. Every day more and more bottles will be filled, until the entire installation is complete. Evaporation will eventually cause the memories to turn to dust.

Anyways, I would love for you guys to participate! Here are some pictures of the installation:
The installation as it's currently set up.
Close up of some of the empty pharmaceutical bottles.

A shot of how the bottles will react and look after memories have been placed inside each one

Here is the website: (tonight the address will change to betweenmemoryandforgetting, but until then, this is the current site: Between Memory and Forgetting.

Any submissions would be appreciated. Of course, I'll screen for any ridiculously inappropriate memories, but aside from that, hopefully every single one that I can remember will be part of the work. I'll also include daily pics on this thread, so if anyone is interested, they can see the work grow!

I've been a member of gaf for a few years now, two of my exes were gaffers and have met quite a few wonderful friends from the site. I would absolutely love for gaf to be a part of this project!

It can be any sort of memory, as little as what you ate yesterday, to a trauma you experienced as a child. Anything and everything is appreciated!! You can also submit multiple memories. It's absolutely completely anonymous, no email needed, just a quick submission button. Thanks for any submissions I can get from this!!! The last two years have been super rough, all culminating towards this project and my degree (i've worked on other pieces these two years, but this one has taken 2 years to complete).

Loved your art and posts. Good luck with your future Foxy!

Phandy

Stufte - thats so good, love it

thank you, means a lot!

I made this over the last few days. Trying to build a concept art portfolio that I'm happy with.

This is reallly nice Servbot! Love the overall forms and the hive type material is super unique.
Got some suggestions if you dont mind, that i feel could really make it that next-level:

-Work on the face a little more to give it a little more character. Maybe some small slits/overlaps like you use on the body.
- Make all those little details pop! (like the circular connectors thingys) Its quite flat overall, so you need some of those small details to really stand out and grab some attention. Chromey and shiney always works :D.
-Your elipses on the inner earpiece could do with tightening up.
-Increase the overall specular highlights on the metal (maybe just on the upper body to draw focus) and increase the 'roughness' of the hive stuff. Having good material definition/distinction always stands out in a portfolio. A little more colour in the upper body/highlighted areas might be nice to, its quite dull overall.

Also so the GAF gods don't smite me - some more DB work i dropped recently

Edit - Foxy fox noooooooooooo

Servbot24

Banned
Stufte - thats so good, love it

This is reallly nice Servbot! Love the overall forms and the hive type material is super unique.
Got some suggestions if you dont mind, that i feel could really make it that next-level:

-Work on the face a little more to give it a little more character. Maybe some small slits/overlaps like you use on the body.
- Make all those little details pop! (like the circular connectors thingys) Its quite flat overall, so you need some of those small details to really stand out and grab some attention. Chromey and shiney always works :D.
-Your elipses on the inner earpiece could do with tightening up.
-Increase the overall specular highlights on the metal (maybe just on the upper body to draw focus) and increase the 'roughness' of the hive stuff. Having good material definition/distinction always stands out in a portfolio. A little more colour in the upper body/highlighted areas might be nice to, its quite dull overall.

Also so the GAF gods don't smite me - some more DB work i dropped recently

Edit - Foxy fox noooooooooooo

ahhh thanks so much!! i love critiques <3

I tried to implement those here:

tumblr_nogpybLKl81rom6duo1_r1_1280.jpg

probably just not the most interesting design to begin with but i think your suggestions definitely helped!

This shit is crazy.

thank you :)

I would participate, but I don't enough time to do it. It usually takes me a week just to do lines which is why I went to your thread to learn how to draw faster. I also don't have a way to scan drawings to, so there's that.

C.B.

Cross posting from the drawing a day thread.

pantherafspiujm.jpg

Was thinking I need to get some hands on with more coherent backgrounds. Would be fun I think and I need to start studying for real again anyway.

Dascu

Hello everyone,

I recently released my own indie game project on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/318860/

The name is Malebolgia and it's a cel-shaded action-adventure game set in Hell.

The reason I'm posting here, is that I'm actually still looking to have a piece of artwork for the game. For promotional purposes and for Steam Trading Cards.

I'd like to ask if any of you talented artists would have interest in this proposal? We can of course discuss payment and exact scope (what materials I need).

Please PM if interested.

artsi

Hello, I haven't been here before, but nice I found the thread. You guys have nice works.
Here's a Witcher 3 fanart piece I finished today.

I'll try to post more stuff later, I mostly draw / paint people.
I've been pretty bad with portraits and the anatomy of the face, but I've been doing a lot of them recently and improving.

Hello, I haven't been here before, but nice I found the thread. You guys have nice works.
Here's a Witcher 3 fanart piece I finished today.

I'll try to post more stuff later, I mostly draw / paint people.
I've been pretty bad with portraits and the anatomy of the face, but I've been doing a lot of them recently and improving.

Beautiful. Love the paint strokes to create texture.

DrBo42

Made for the daily 3D subreddit. The topic was controller so I decided to make a custom stick idea. I think it turned out alright.

ur8oAXc.png

Looks good. Only thing I'd do is try to find better materials or tweak render settings to get those buttons and the stick to really shine. Mastering that kinda stuff goes a long way, not something I'm particularly good at either. Ha.

Love this.

I finished a few comics recently and put them up on Gumroad to download for free. I don't know if Gaf is interested but I figured it might be worth a shot.

Gumroad!

HAHAHAHA I loved the last one.

sketch i did the other day, also recorded the process and squeezed an hour into 3 minutes for this time lapse video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAWbrDPTDnM

sunset_sketch___time_lapse_video_by_arcipello-d8vzg09.jpg

Lovely scene, i rind it difficult to do something like this with brush strokes, and it looks beautiful.

C.B.

I've spent the last week (cept sunday) making a painting a day for Dascu and his indie game Malebolgia. About 6 to 7 hours each. I wasn't sure if I could do it but here they are. Definitely a huge learning curve with these.
beastpreviewfs97st2.jpg

eligorpreviewfs7iuyp.jpg

leopoldpreviewfs25qye1.jpg

marie-elizabethpreviewysfc.jpg

balorepreviewfsmhqm3.jpg

abaddonpreviewfsk3svm.jpg

Feeling totally drained now. Just a couple more things to do and I'm a free man again...To do my other commissions lol.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking the thread recently instead of participating like I should. It's great seeing it bumped more often than in the past!

I've worked on a few things but I'll just post this concept for a game I'm currently working on:

Some more recent stuff can be found here: http://noe-leyva.deviantart.com/ (you guys should post yours so I can follow you!)

Sad to see Foxy go! I'm in the Capcom art book as well (if you are reading this, congrats!)

sytadel

About to start a painting, having second thoughts. Is this really worthy, or am I wasting time and paint on the Kardashians?

kk_zpsorsuhyy9.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
IUuW6JNm.jpg

As we have done for millenia, we Chozo work constantly on our statuary. The statues are our sentinels: blind but ever watchful, they are and have always been, repositories for our most precious secrets and strongest powers. The crafting of each is a long and sacred process, performed only by those Chozo who have lifetimes of experience in such things. We have left these relics on planets across the solar system. Some are merely reminders: silent emblems of the Chozo that serve as icons of peace in lands that know only war. Others wield subtle strength, exerting their influence in ways beyond the understanding of mortal creatures. Still others are guardians of our secret ways, and these can be as terrible as they are beautiful. Those who respect and honor these relics will know the friendship of the Chozo. Those who deface or destroy them will know our wrath, unfettered and raw."

LegendX48

Cross post!

So, while browsing a nsfw tumblr blog I found a pic that I just loved at first sight. Here's my attempt at trying to draw the girl from the image. The background stuff I made up on the spot (it's basically pencil vomit)

Could be better, could be much better but meh, it'll do for now.

Actually, the more I look at it the derpier it becomes in my eyes @_@

^damn, that shit is legit!

Any of you got any tips on getting commissions? Online i've been advertising on deviantart and facebook for years, but never got any. When I was in school I got only a couple. Most people that said they wanted a drawing I never end up hearing from again or they're on some bullshit and keep on forgetting to bring me the photo they want me to draw.

Top Bottom