• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As a straight male: have you ever showered with other men in the room with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netguy503

I can't help but laugh at the people in this thread.

I showered more than half the time after PE class, only exceptions were if I did not break a sweat at all.

I also showered after lacrosse practice and most games, unless I was too pissed to hang around.

It's not a big deal. It's honestly more unnerving to see some guys get so uptight/scared of it that they poison the atmosphere of the locker room.

Be comfortable with your bodies, bros.

Now see. I don't sweat. I can do an hour workout session and never sweat. I just don't have sweat glands because something given to me by my dad. That is why you have to shower more because heat gets trapped in my body more than a normal person. So if you want to see my penis that's on you I'm more concerned about my health.

I can't help but laugh at the people in this thread.

I showered more than half the time after PE class, only exceptions were if I did not break a sweat at all.

I also showered after lacrosse practice and most games, unless I was too pissed to hang around.

It's not a big deal. It's honestly more unnerving to see some guys get so uptight/scared of it that they poison the atmosphere of the locker room.

Be comfortable with your bodies, bros.

I'm glad this is the first thing I read in here, now I'm afraid to read the other responses...

netguy503

Definitely did in high school sports. While naked in the locker room after practice and a shower I had my football coach's daughter walk into the room, which made for a good story. I also got my ass kicked by one of my best friends after a football practice/shower.

In wrestling I would weigh in naked, which is probably a little more exposed because then people are looking directly at you.

Do wrestlers usually weigh in naked?

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
When I worked at a mining refinery. Everyone was supposed to shower in the dry (shower/locker area) after work, one of my coworkers never did and he was fucking disgusting. Between 1-100 men in the dry at a time.

If by better or worse you mean more comfortable or vice versa when there are regulars or newcomers, it all depends. After my first day running with my college team (cross country) during our preseason, we all just got our toiletries, stripped down and turned on the showers. I was very nervous due to the fact that I was "exposing" myself to a bunch of people I had just met plus people from other sports using the facility as well. After 5 minutes of feeling scared and embarrassed, I just marched on in; and you know what? No one cared, they just paid attention to themselves and whatnot and the upperclassmen were carrying on a regular conversation.

Rambling aside and one year later, I kinda forgot the "awkwardness" of being naked with a group of men. Seeing the new recruits come in all nervous (you can tell by the look of their face) I just reassure them that "no one gives a shit about your D". Granted we see each other everyday and we're very close as a team.

My high school was so lax that it wasn't required. In fact, I wore my sweatpants under my jeans so I didn't have to show my underwears.

Yeah all we ever had to do was change clothes for gym, no one ever had to shower. I assume the sports teams did but just regular old gym class they never made us. Might've been because we only had about 3 minutes between periods to get to our next class.

To answer the question, yes, with separate stalls in communal college dorm bathrooms to normal locker rooms to Japanese hot springs and public baths. We all got the same junk, it's no big deal and I don't see how it could be once you're, say, out of high school.

Jasup

Yes, I've showered with straigh men in the room as well as gay men, I've also showered with straight women in the room as well as lesbian women. No big deal.

Not every occasion you're naked with other people is a sexual one.

No one showered after gym class in my high school, only a couple guys even ever showered after football practice. And this was in St. Louis so it was muggy as all hell in August and we were all sweating our asses off. But I mean after practice you would just go home and shower there.

Now Japan, on the other hand... that's all naked guys all the time when you go to an onsen or ryokan or sento or any of the many other places with public bathing. Not a problem either even if I was always catching stares. If they wanna look go ahead I got nothing to hide.

.la1n

There is an appropriate way to do it and then there is the 80 year old man method. When I played Soccer we always knew you didn't just walk around flopping or you were due for an ass kicking. Nobody wants to see that shit. Towels exist for a reason. Obviously showering you don't always have a pull around curtain but there is still shower etiquette to follow. Eyes forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom