• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’

Fidelity and frame rate are two of the most highly talked about features in a game. Many are wondering what will be the ultimate performance of the Xbox One X version of Assassin’s Creed, particularly in comparison to other platforms. In an interview with We Write Things, Assassin’s Creed Origins director Ashraf Ismail talked about the Xbox One X.

“It has been a pleasure working on Scorpio. It has been quite easy to have our game running at a really high fidelity very quickly. With Xbox One X, the game is beautiful. Kudos to our artists, engineers and technical directors, the game looks absolutely stunning. I think with Xbox One X, its the most beautiful version we have because it’s rendering at a high resolution. We have more RAM to play with. There’s a lot more tools at our disposal to showcase our creative work,” Ismail said.

The system is powerful and the game is beautiful, as is evidence of the gameplay shown so far. Ubisoft is preparing to launch the game in a month and a half from now, and that is when we’ll see it in all its glory. But is the Xbox One X version really the best version?

“From an open-world game standpoint, it’s really valuable for us. The experience of the game is the same across all of the different platforms. We try to make sure the game shines on every platform the best it can. Having said that, the Xbox One X version is absolutely the most beautiful version,” Ismail said.

http://wewritethings.co/2017/09/08/xbox-one-x-version-aco/

The Most Powerful Consoles (X)
The Most Powerful Gaming Platform (O)

Deliver the best quality gaming experience over than high-end PC 4K/60fps.

True 4K experience.

Servbot24

Banned
Yo PC fans it's obvious you have a stronger machine than 1X, there's no need for incessant validation when consoles are the only area where the question even exists

jmaine_ph

Yo PC fans it's obvious you have a stronger machine than 1X, there's no need for incessant validation when consoles are the only area where the question even exists

It's also obvious that the 1X is stronger than the Pro yet devs continue to validate it. It works both ways.

PC version not gonna look as good?

Question: How are the PC ports of Assassin's Creed games? I know U-Play gets complained about a lot, but what about the quality of the ports themselves?

Only one I have on PC is AC2 and it seems decent (except for some controller issues).

Trace

Banned
Question: How are the PC ports of Assassin's Creed games? I know U-Play gets complained about a lot, but what about the quality of the ports themselves?

Only one I have on PC is AC2 and it seems decent (except for some controller issues).

The earlier games ports are bad but playable, the recent ones with the exception of Unity all run pretty well.

Mr Moose

What, no parity? You know, to avoid all the debates and stuff.

Marketing deal + most powerful console.

When companies stop making statements that are obvious common sense to anyone who is even slightly into games, it'll stop.

Did they release a statement or were they asked a question about platform differences? You act like they called the press to gush about the X.

tumblr_ml284naxoY1snb58lo1_400.gif

UrbanRats

And the X does? It's obviously the most powerful console, no shit it's gonna look better.

But then again, the PC port could be total shit, so this statement may end up being true anyway.

Javier23

Banned
The earlier games ports are bad but playable, the recent ones with the exception of Unity all run pretty well.
They may have aged badly, dunno, but I remember trying the earlier AC games in my older computer and they all ran great.

Except 3. 3 was and still is a dumpster fire.

Head.spawn

Weird how for Assassins Creed Syndicate when the marketing deal swang the other way Ubisoft somehow, against ALL ODDS managed to find a way to make the PS4 version 1080p

It's also a completely different game, made by a completely different developer, with different producers, different designers, with completely different (worse) lighting engine and insanely different AI count.

Worth noting this patch your posting here came out a YEAR after release when they were optimizing for PS4 Pro, right? Pro optimizations could've helped boost the game, but is the 1080p part even correct?

This thread here "Assassin Creed Syndicate Patch 1.50 Analysis BY NxGamer" says it was STILL 900p on PS4, even though the patch notes you linked to say 1080p.

Weird indeed.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If there's no PC version, then this should be the case for every multiplatform console game.

I do hope there's a PC version, though, since the core tech seems strong but I was distracted by some pop-in in the Xbox One X footage I watched and it'd be nice if that could be reduced.

Now I'm actually worried how the original PS4 will fare performance wise. 900p? Fps below 30? I mean the scope of the game is huuuge.

antitrop

I'm surprised a game director would come right out and say the PC version is going to be fucked up before the game even releases.

If there's no PC version, then this should be the case for every multiplatform console game.

I do hope there's a PC version, though, since the core tech seems strong but I was distracted by some pop-in in the Xbox One X footage I watched and it'd be nice if that could be reduced.

There is a PC version

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/582160/

The only questions are will it be a good port, will it have a good amount of options to tweak certain things and will it still release with the other versions (It is only about a month and a half away so hopefully it will but there is still enough time to announce a delay).

Carlius

Banned
They may have aged badly, dunno, but I remember trying the earlier AC games in my older computer and they all ran great.

Except 3. 3 was and still is a dumpster fire.

Yup. 3 was bad and unity was bad on all platforms pre patches. Now it runs well. All other ac games ran pretty good for me.

Carlius

Banned
This is xoming to pc right? Right gaf? Right?....

Nm, saw post above late. And yes i will probably have a bunch of graphics options.

Weren't past AC games already 900p sub-30 FPS on PS4?

Only Unity were so. Syndicate and Black Flag were both 1080p and locket 30fps.

Edit: Actually Syndicate was 900p but didn't have frame rate drops as bad as unity.

So yea apparently Origins is gonna be 900p on base PS4 :(

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Did they cancel the PC version?
Not a mainstream gaming platform
Nintendo, Playstation and Xbox are Gaming platform holders, they make the platforms for the gaming industry.
PC is whatever the user needs it to be
I know it's some people's preferred way of playing games so it's understandable people say "what about PC?" but it's just a general purpose computer that "can" play games vs a device that designed solely for those developers to make games for.
I know it's not the answer PC fans what to hear but that's how it actually is.
Only Unity were so. Syndicate and Black Flag were both 1080p and locket 30fps.
Syndicate was 900p with ok framerate until the PS4 Pro patch which also bumped up the OG PS4 to 1080p which make you think what other games could of done with some extra work but remain 900p.

Mifec

Unity now actually runs really good if you have the hardware and is one of the most beautiful open world games this gen.

Top Bottom