• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’

Yo PC fans it's obvious you have a stronger machine than 1X, there's no need for incessant validation when consoles are the only area where the question even exists

PC gamers are annoying. I play games on pc but i don't feel the constant need for validation. I'm sure we'll get an nvidia features video in a few weeks.

Not a mainstream gaming platform
Nintendo, Playstation and Xbox are Gaming platform holders, they make the platforms for the gaming industry.
PC is whatever the user needs it to be
I know it's some people's preferred way of playing games so it's understandable people say "what about PC?" but it's just a general purpose computer that "can" play games vs a device that designed solely for those developers to make games for.
I know it's not the answer PC fans what to hear but that's how it actually is.

Syndicate was 900p with ok framerate until the PS4 Pro patch which also bumped up the OG PS4 to 1080p which make you think what other games could of done with some extra work but remain 900p.

What even.....
In any case about the guy complaining about pc users seeking validation, what else is the point of the thread? Powerful hardware gets the better looking version, unless its better than the x in which case it doesn't count.

In any case, ms has asscreed marketing like unity so expect just that from the devs, hammy marketing . Long as they dont bork other platforms to keep some deals intact i couldn't care less.

It does look funny to seem them do a 180 on parity when it suited their marketing narrative

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

PC gamers are annoying. I play games on pc but i don't feel the constant need for validation. I'm sure we'll get an nvidia features video in a few weeks.
Not all are, but sometimes the lines blur between PC gamer and Nintendo fan.
Especially port assumption, not begging but assuming it coming regardless.
What even.....
Ummm.
Said it right there.
But it's good, because it an open platform
There's benefits is there not?

Damn, effectively shitting on PC users. Well at the end of the day it better not be dragged for being shitty thats all. Ubisoft has such a weird track record with statements like this so I hope it stands true.

belvedere

Junior Butler

PC gamer here too, its embarrassing. This elitism some display is a bit sad to be honest. Some of them are too proud to even own a console, which I find completely baffling.

I have to have both simply to experience the best of both worlds.

Yo PC fans it's obvious you have a stronger machine than 1X, there's no need for incessant validation when consoles are the only area where the question even exists

So why is not only constant validation for the X1 being the most powerful console but straight up lies as to its overall specs in comparison to PC somehow ok?

I have a 3 year old laptop so I'm not fanboying here.

Damn, effectively shitting on PC users. Well at the end of the day it better not be dragged for being shitty thats all. Ubisoft has such a weird track record with statements like this so I hope it stands true.

They're not shitting on PC users. They're also not "validating" Xbox X users.

This is marketing, people. Nothing more to it. Which is why the response from people who play games on PC are so weird.

Not a mainstream gaming platform
Nintendo, Playstation and Xbox are Gaming platform holders, they make the platforms for the gaming industry.
PC is whatever the user needs it to be
I know it's some people's preferred way of playing games so it's understandable people say "what about PC?" but it's just a general purpose computer that "can" play games vs a device that designed solely for those developers to make games for.
PC is a gaming platform and none of the mental gymnastics here is going to change that.

TGO

So why is not only constant validation for the X1 being the most powerful console but straight up lies as to its overall specs in comparison to PC somehow ok?

Makes perfect sense if you accept and realise they're excluding PC.
PC is a gaming platform and none of the mental gymnastics here is going to change that.
So is a mobile phone and my TV in the same definition.

Makes perfect sense if you accept and realise they're excluding PC.
Excluding a gaming platform out of a discussion of gaming platforms seems kinda silly. It's transparent hype marketing at best, straight up lies at worst lol.

Game looks solid on Xbox One X. But the PC version at 60 fps will be something else. I was watching some vids of the new Far cry game running on Ps4 pro, while the game looks beautiful, 30 fps just doesn't look smooth.

Tagyhag

Oof, that's not a very smart thing to say.

It's a lose lose for Ismail.

It either means that A) He's telling the truth and Ubi will be called out on purposely limiting the PC version for the marketing dollars or B) He's lying for the marketing dollars.

TGO

Excluding a gaming platform out of a discussion of gaming platforms seems kinda silly. It's transparent hype marketing at best, straight up lies at worst lol.
Yeah we know that, but by what I said and I didn't mean for people to take offence.
That's how they get away with it, with exemptions.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Some of us just like poking fun at disguised yet obvious marketing talk. Don't let it affect you too much.

Jedi2016

It's a lose lose for Ismail.

It either means that A) He's telling the truth and Ubi will be called out on purposely limiting the PC version for the marketing dollars or B) He's lying for the marketing dollars.
Generally speaking, game companies never mention the PC version when making comparisons. It's all down to the console wars.

At this point, I'm honestly kind of curious about... er.. do we start calling it last-gen at some point? The OG XBO and PS4. What's the worst-looking version of the game?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Have you seen Assassins Creed Origins?
I mean.....have you?
YearlySimpleAnole.gif

AnotherMiniatureHorsemouse.gif

ElementaryBlaringDrake.gif

But seriously even without a marketing deal the XboX version would be the prettiest version on consoles. PC version obviously has a massive IQ advantage.

Because the X1 is a new product that like any other product needs to be marketed so people understand what it is and it's purpose. It's main competition is the Playstation, which is obviously what they're comparing it to. What company has ever marketed how much better the PC version of a game will be than the console version? No shit?

Was that confirmed to be anything other than rumour from a youtube?

This was ubisoft's response to the rumor
“It is too soon for us to say, as of today as the game framerate has not been locked yet. Our goal is take full advantage of the hardware horsepower to deliver the best possible experience on all platforms. Assassin’s Creed Origins will use dynamic resolution rendering, so the resolution will adapt to ensure a smooth frame rate and the best image possible in all situations.”

Hard for it not to be a nuisance when more than half the thread is about PC.

The only reason most people are in this thread is for the nuisance.Theres literally nothing to discuss here other than the fact that he excludes pc and the company 180s on parity for marketing.
No new info on the game or the tech or new screens or anything else.
Everyone knows ac origins on xb1x is gonna look better by virtue of it being more powerful and expensive. Some people wanted to gloat and the guys bringing pc repeatedly aren't letting them.

RedRum

Banned
The only reason most people are in this thread is for the nuisance.Theres literally nothing to discuss here other than the fact that he excludes pc and the company 180s on parity for marketing.
No new info on the game or the tech or new screens or anything else.
Everyone knows ac origins on xb1x is gonna look better by virtue of it being more powerful and expensive. Some people wanted to gloat and the guys bringing pc repeatedly aren't letting them.

I'll apologize first hand for my Xbox bretheren for gloating and being excited about having a graphically superior version of a game. Minus PC of course. :) Glad you guys continue to keep us in check about getting too happy.

watership

PC version will be the best looking. ehhhhh if you have at least a 1070. I know loads of PC bros who are like 'PC will look the best" and they're rockin a 970 with 8 gbs of ram...

Umm about that fellas..

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
xbx has a 60 fps mode if you prefer
Glacier sized grain of salt. There aren't that many 60fps open world console games. This is the official word:

”It is too soon for us to say, as of today as the game framerate has not been locked yet. Our goal is take full advantage of the hardware horsepower to deliver the best possible experience on all platforms. Assassin's Creed Origins will use dynamic resolution rendering, so the resolution will adapt to ensure a smooth frame rate and the best image possible in all situations."

I'll apologize first hand for my Xbox bretheren for gloating and being excited about having a graphically superior version of a game. Minus PC of course. :) Glad you guys continue to keep us in check about getting too happy.

Sad to see people not upgrading to an X are no longer your brothers.
I do find it ironic that your excitement or happiness depends on graphical superiority and its uninterrupted validation yet thats the very thing thats got you all hot and bothered.

Rellik

They can't stand that PS4 isn't the most powerful console anymore :p

I have a PC, PS4 and owned a Xbox One up until they lost all exclusives so why would it bother me?

I said that because it's pretty obvious the best console version will be on the X. It's also pretty obvious they're going to make a big point of that because of the marketing deal.

Not everything is about a stupid fanboy war.

Do we know if the PC version will be supporting HDR?

If it is, then I'd have a feeling they're just thinking about console versions. If it does not support HDR, then I could see why they would say it's the most beautiful since HDR contributes greatly to the overall image.

KageMaru

If only he said "most beautiful console version" that would have eliminated the need for many of the posts here. I'm sure that's what he meant but still, when making comments like this these people need to keep in mind that context is key.

Top Bottom