• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

What stake? I'm defending my view against what basically amount to an attack on my integrity as a person (that enjoying games with certain framerates is damaging the industry for everyone). Is that not enough of a stake?

And yeah the sarcasm doesn't add much, apologies.

You can't quantify enjoyment, that's your business. But don't push that shit on everyone here. You're wrong to be defending this, unequivocally.

The Souls team operates at a fraction of the size and budget of the AC team at Ubi. AC has one of the biggest (if not the biggest) development teams in the industry. It's also one of the most expensive production processes in the industry. It's necessarily a different standard of expectation.

I don't think it's some new level of consumer complacency, of course not. I've been in this industry too long to think that.

But I do think that at some point in this industry, we have to stand up and say "no, this really isn't acceptable."

I mean it's like I said in the other topic to those who were getting mad at the people complaining. Even if someone personally doesn't care enough about framerate for it to be a deciding issue for them, they still benefit from a hard push to get devs/pubs to lock in good framerates. Rising tide lifts all boats, etc etc

I definitely agree there.

You would think that with all of the cross-gen port-ups, most devs would have gotten their feet wet already with the new hardware. But Ubi's alternating team cycles don't really allow that to happen.

DryvBy

Oh boy.

AUAJPbx.png

Guy works for Joystiq.

I'll be almost off work when the internet burns. Popcorn will be so buttery.

Ha. Spend enough money on marketing a familiar and popular series and it will sell just fine. Game consumers' money is easily won. They're in no danger of having a dud on their hands, no matter what reviews end up saying. The series already had a major disaster in the form of AC3. Abysmal performance, awful writing, terrible design flaws, etc. That sold great. And people keep buying more.

And as others have already said, like the Marvel movies, Ubisoft has AC games already in active development to cover the next 3-5 years, with more probably already in the early stages of pre-production.

yes they sold great but that`s not what you were talking about. You said DONT buy it. If people wont buy something it WON`T sell great! thats my point!

The reason they have other ACs in the pipeline is because its selling great ! The day will come when it wont. Expect them to put their money in other projects!

Honey Bunny

'Real gamers' have always had standards. If you think you enjoy a game with a lower framerate you should be ashamed because you are literally a cancer on the industry.
Sarcastic shitposts are still shitposts man.

I'm guessing this game is still on the 2 year dev cycle? Have Ubi said they'll be switching over to 3 years yet ala COD?

:(

Goddammit Ubi. You finally make the perfect game on paper and then go fuck it up.

Its because Ubisoft is about making that money. Had they actually taken the time and properly developed the game and not force a deadline to release that new next gen AC game for the holiday rush then you'd have a better game. But they don't want a better game. They want a game they can pump out and make money with.

Dredd97

If he wasn't, why would he have to wait?

I think Jim has been less than complimentary to Ubi in the past for some of their actions...

I'm betting he's been black balled...

Also if this game ends up as the car crash it seems to be, what chances the PS4/XB1 get AC rogue HD early next year...?

Takuan

It has to be incredibly difficult to churn out games of this scope every year. Gotta imagine another 3-6 months spent on optimization would've helped here, but that would've cost millions.

Amir0x

Banned
I definitely agree there.

You would think that with all of the cross-gen port-ups, most devs would have gotten their feet wet already with the new hardware. But Ubi's alternating team cycles don't really allow that to happen.

that's a damn good point I didn't even consider re: alternating team cycle. Well, like I said in the other thread... I just hope this is like AC1. Where the series pretty much improved over the gen technically, until AC3 anyway

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I hope the game bombs, and hard.

It won't because people don't care about framerate as evidenced by the large number of people that continue to buy bad framerate games and the fact that game journalist don't seem to care about it or negatively score a product because advertising revenue is far more important.

Mononoke

Banned
Sigh. I feel guilty for even buying this. I usually try to "wait" for reviews before buying games. I don't want to support bad business practices. I just got trigger happy this week, and got a bunch of digital pre-loads set up. You see, I just beat a year long fight with cancer. And I had my week after my final test set up to...celebrate with a bunch of new games, should I beat it. And I did.

But now I feel bad, because this game runs very poorly. And Ubisoft is pulling some shit that I don't condone or support. I should learn from this company's history. :(

Because...

wvusYCF.jpg

this is BS...

Fuck this.

Hyunkel6

Ubisoft got me real good with their bait and switch. Those trailers they were releasing since E3 were amazing.

They already got my money, but I implore others to think twice before buying the game.

Hopefully, Ubisoft will step up and fix the game in the coming weeks. Until then, I am not going back to it.

First game I ever pre-ordered from Ubisoft. NEVER again.

Not surprised I don't really mess with AAA Day-1 games anymore. I will probably play this like I did with AC:Black Flag sometime during the post-holiday backlog.

bud23

This goes beyond the parity debate, the downgrades, their PR bullshit and their pathetic lies, now they are shipping a broken product, and charging $60 for it.

This is a new low, and Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves.

Amir0x

Banned
Sigh. I feel guilty for even buying this. I usually try to "wait" for reviews before buying games. I don't want to support bad business practices. I just got trigger happy this week, and got a bunch of digital pre-loads set up. You see, I just beat a year long fight with cancer. And I had my week after my final test set up to...celebrate with a bunch of new games, should I beat it. And I did.

But now I feel bad, because this game runs very poorly. And Ubisoft is pulling some shit that I don't condone or support. I should learn from this company's history. :(

You beat the cancer Azula!? Congratulations, I've been hoping to hear that! Oh man that makes this thread worth it. :D

Guys, fuck this game. AZULA BEAT CANCER.

celebration-gif-89-16qquyh.gif

shield

Pretty pleased that the game isn't out 'til Friday in the UK, means I can check out these reviews and cancel my pre order accordingly if the reviews are poor.

Top Bottom