• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

Canucked

This was not my year for gaming. I only buy a few games. Every game I wanted to try was a let down. I'm going to end up jaded about purchasing anything. And I somehow went through decades of gaming without getting jaded. I pre-ordered ACU and I have a feeling I'm going to cancel my three currently standing pre-orders.

Exceptions are for the re-releases I got. My favourite games of this year were all from last gen.

shandy706

I guess the next question now is who's brave enough to do the review thread for this unfortunate train wreak.

Can it be made after the reviews come out.

If it's really as horrid as people are insinuating, I'd love to see the title reflect it too.

Assassin's Creed: Unity | OT | SUCKS

Assassin's Creed: Unity | OT | Trade in your copy NOW

GrazGamer

I have bought all AC games day 1, and completed all bar Liberation, which I have on PC and Vita.

I got burned with the PC release of Watch Dogs which is only now playable 6 months later.

For the first time I think I am skipping, not because my PC won't run it well, but because I am sick of supporting this bullshit.

Kade

I'm expecting HipHopGamer to use this as another opportunity to claim that reviewers are passionless people who don't play games for fun and are too critical.

Chobel

Sigh. I feel guilty for even buying this. I usually try to "wait" for reviews before buying games. I don't want to support bad business practices. I just got trigger happy this week, and got a bunch of digital pre-loads set up. You see, I just beat a year long fight with cancer. And I had my week after my final test set up to...celebrate with a bunch of new games, should I beat it. And I did.

But now I feel bad, because this game runs very poorly. And Ubisoft is pulling some shit that I don't condone or support. I should learn from this company's history. :(

Because...

Fuck this.

Congratulations man!

jett

D-Member
wvusYCF.jpg

this is BS...

Maybe these people shouldn't have agreed with this particular embargo date.

Mononoke

Banned
So question, what if all media outlets just agreed to say fuck off to embargos that are past the release date. I mean, it doesn't benefit them in any way. So why would anyone agree to that? I know the reason you normally agree to embargo, is because you have a review copy that you agree to the terms, and you also want to maintain that relationship with the publisher late down the line.

But embargos that are past the actual release of the game? That is absurd.

You beat the cancer Azula!? Congratulations, I've been hoping to hear that! Oh man that makes this thread worth it. :D

Guys, fuck this game. AZULA BEAT CANCER.

Congratulations man!

Thanks a bunch. I had no family or friends in real life (moved to a new state last year when I got hit with it). GAF was the only thing that got me through. If it wasn't for kind people on here, I would not be here right now. I was ready to give up several times.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
With first Destiny and now this, the moral of the story seems to be that review embargos should absolutely be treated with suspicion.

Mesoian

Sigh. I feel guilty for even buying this. I usually try to "wait" for reviews before buying games. I don't want to support bad business practices. I just got trigger happy this week, and got a bunch of digital pre-loads set up. You see, I just beat a year long fight with cancer. And I had my week after my final test set up to...celebrate with a bunch of new games, should I beat it. And I did.

But now I feel bad, because this game runs very poorly. And Ubisoft is pulling some shit that I don't condone or support. I should learn from this company's history. :(

Because...

Fuck this.

This is the real news!

Yo get Mordor. And Bayo 2. And Hyrule Warriors. And a bottle of fucking Champaigne dude! That's awesome!

I'm expecting HipHopGamer to use this as another opportunity to claim that reviewers are passionless people who don't play games for fun and are too critical.

He's number one in the industry you know, you should of known better, he's only said it about 12,764 times

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So question, what if all media outlets just agreed to say fuck off to embargos that are past the release date. I mean, it doesn't benefit them in any way. So why would anyone agree to that? I know the reason you normally agree to embargo, is because you have a review copy that you agree to the terms, and you also want to maintain that relationship with the publisher late down the line.

But embargos that are past the actual release of the game? That is absurd.

They would all have to literally agree at the same time and all stick to their guns. Except, second tier sites would still play ball to try to get those clicks. The precedent is set and it ain't going anywhere.

Mononoke

Banned
They would all have to literally agree at the same time and all stick to their guns. Except, second tier sites would still play ball to try to get those clicks. The precedent is set and it ain't going anywhere.

Yeah it seems pretty idealistic (and silly). Normally I wouldn't say this is possible. But surely, everyone agrees this is stupid? I would think all the media side of things have to think this is awful practice.

Amir0x

Banned
Thanks a bunch. I had no family or friends in real life (moved to a new state last year when I got hit with it). GAF was the only thing that got me through. If it wasn't for kind people on here, I would not be here right now. I was ready to give up several times.

I understand completely. I'm glad you're part of the community, Azula! We're always here for you, we can be your family :D

You beat cancer, it's so amazing. Treat yourself to whatever games you want and don't feel bad :D

shandy706

There needs to be a law introduced that states that all Review Embargos must end within 12 hours before a game's release. You can set it at any time prior to that.

Ambition

Congrats :,)

Top Bottom