• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage is the most successful Ubisoft release for XSX/PS5 so far

Draugoth

Gold Member
We are thrilled by the response from the community and for embracing our homage to the roots of the AC franchise. Assassin's Creed Mirage is the biggest New Gen launch in terms of unit sales to date at Ubisoft

F8LFsksW8AAySAs

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

What else did they release though? rainbow 6 extraction and the crew 3?

Watchdogs: Legion (next gen version)
AC Valhalla (next gen version)
Immortals fenyx rising (next gen version)
Rainbow Six: Extraction (next gen version)
Far Cry 6 (next gen version)
Riders Republic (next gen version)
Just dance 2021-2023
The Crew: Motorfest. (next gen version)

Pretty solid I'd say for Mirage (which is also crossgen). I don't believe it sold more than Valhalla in general, but it sold more next gen/current gen copies.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Watchdogs: Legion (curent gen version)
AC Valhalla (current gen version)
Immortals fenyx rising (current gen version)
Problem with these 3 is that they launched when it was hard to get a current gen console, the vast majority of valhalla's sales are on ps4; I'm sure AC RED will obliterate Mirage's numbers.

But yeah I forgot about FC6, pretty good going against that.

Kurotri

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

I was really worried about this one not hitting, but this makes me happy to see. The team delivered a fantastic homage and absolutely deserve the success. Hopefully this means the studio will get the greenlight to make an actual big budget title next time.

Looks underwhelming to me from a design point but I'm happy it did well. More 50$ smaller scale experiences...Id rather two of these every other year than one massive AAA 500 million dollar budget game every 5-8 years.

I'm actually shocked by this. Game looks totally mid to me. Maybe I'll be surprised when I actually play. Guess AC is still a huge brand name for Ubi.

It deserves the success. The game is really good and im enjoying the hell out of it. I see mostly positive reception and the negative stuff ive seen quite honestly hasnt made any great points which im always open to considering and i think some negative nancy’s are just reaching with their criticism of this game. Finally its a very good Assassins creed game with the emphasis on Assassins Creed. It truly really has the brotherhood front and center narratively and its really great to see them recalibrate and get back to the basics 🤘

Three

So it sold more than Valhalla which now has a bigger install base.
Doubt it. The wording is funny. It looks like it's saying AC mirage sold more on PS5+XS than Valhalla did on PS5+XS but valhalla might have sold more units overall if including PS4/XB1. AC Mirage launched at a much lower price though so perhaps in terms of units it did in fact outsell Valhalla overall.

diffusionx

Gold Member
No numbers, statement is meaningless. What have they released on XSX/PS5, really? Valhalla was a launch game, FC6 did "good" at best, stuff like Crew is bomba. Mirage should be their most successful game.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

With the other games they've released, I'm sure it is. They haven't been releasing big hitters by any means this gen. It's been rough for them. If anything, I'm surprised this was successful for them, I honestly thought they're just continue to go downward. But people love their AC, and with it being a "return to form" maybe it did reel in some more folks.

AmuroChan

No numbers, statement is meaningless. What have they released on XSX/PS5, really? Valhalla was a launch game, FC6 did "good" at best, stuff like Crew is bomba. Mirage should be their most successful game.

We're going to be seeing less and less sales numbers moving forward, especially for games that are also on subscription services. Maybe Ubisoft can break down how many copies were sold vs how many people are playing the game via Ubisoft+, but it probably doesn't benefit them much to release those metrics to the public.

I hope they continue making AC games that are more like the original trilogy. I want to see them expand on unity. The assassinations in that were perfect and made you really feel like an assassin.

ungalo

Doubt it. The wording is funny. It looks like it's saying AC mirage sold more on PS5+XS than Valhalla did on PS5+XS but valhalla might have sold more units overall if including PS4/XB1. AC Mirage launched at a much lower price though so perhaps in terms of units it did in fact outsell Valhalla overall.
Highly doubt it, they're not even giving us sales numbers.

And the game seems terrible. I'm sorry to say it since it's made by a french studio.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

What does this even mean though. Mirage has released far further into the "new gens" life with 2 to 3 years more consoles sold. Shouldn't it be expected that its going to launch better due to a now much larger audience?

R6Rider

Gold Member
What does this even mean though. Mirage has released far further into the "new gens" life with 2 to 3 years more consoles sold. Shouldn't it be expected that its going to launch better due to a now much larger audience?
Not necessarily considering it's a cheaper titles, smaller title, and lower scoring.

Muffdraul

I was never hyped for Mirage, never paid much attention to previews, but I figured I'd still play it on day 1 and that once I got into it, it'd be a good time.

And I was right. I really, really enjoy stabbing people.

Stafford

I'm more looking forward to AC Red. From the video reviews I've seen of Mirage is that they truly went back to the roots, but just a bit too much. Even the annoying as shit stuff from the first one made a return. Did anyone ask for that? I sure didn't.

But apparently Red will be the last one with the RPG elements and such. Not sure it's a good idea to step away from that completely though.

Top Bottom