• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Mirage is the most successful Ubisoft release for XSX/PS5 so far

xrnzaaas

They didn't have that many PS5/XSX releases yet and titles like Valhalla and WD Legion sold mostly as past-gen versions. But I'm sure it still sold well, it's been a few years since Valhalla and AC fans & enjoyers will want to play something new in the series.

Certinty

I’m glad.

It’s a dated game which feels like it should have been released in 2015 or so.

But it’s actually fun unlike the last few RPG games in the franchise.

Regardless of all the flaws, old-school Assassins’s Creed is where it’s at. The formula just works.

Fbh

With any luck this will make them reconsider making the more RPG entries in the franchise so long and bloated. Would be awesome if AC Japan was in the 30 hours range for the main story, instead of 60 like Valhalla.

Success

I am eating my crow sandwich.

Holy shit did this game do WAY better than I thought.

Now I am actually excited when Ubisoft makes an old skool creed game which is not a DLC expansion.

simpatico

Watchdogs: Legion (next gen version)
AC Valhalla (next gen version)
Immortals fenyx rising (next gen version)
Rainbow Six: Extraction (next gen version)
Far Cry 6 (next gen version)
Riders Republic (next gen version)
Just dance 2021-2023
The Crew: Motorfest. (next gen version)

Pretty solid I'd say for Mirage (which is also crossgen). I don't believe it sold more than Valhalla in general, but it sold more next gen/current gen copies.
In other words, nothing next gen yet.

EDMIX

I did not think it would be a strong hit.

Seems the brand is still pretty powerful

I mean, why not? The AC brand literally might be stronger today, then 10 years ago and fans have been asking for the old school gameplay style to return. So I'd argue it would be weird if this didn't succeed for them.

Maybe people are happy the scale is smaller.

True.

I think they should continue this style with this team and continue the RPG Light ones with their other teams.

It makes sense to simply have both.
So it sold more than Valhalla which now has a bigger install base.
?? Where did you get this data from?

This really sold more then Valhalla? You sure? lol

Not saying it won't or something, merely that sounds waaaay too early to tell.

apparently Red will be the last one with the RPG elements and such.

?? yea..I have no clue where you heard that. RED and HEXE will be their RPG ones and we have heard nothing about them stopping the RPG light games.

Mr Moose

?? Where did you get this data from?

This really sold more then Valhalla? You sure? lol

Not saying it won't or something, merely that sounds waaaay too early to tell.
I should have worded it better. They sold more than Valhalla on next gen only machines in the same time-frame, but the next gen only machines now have a much higher install base than when Valhalla launched.

Last edited:
Top Bottom