• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins gameplay previews

Theorry

No info on Pro so far, xbox marketing. :/

Some of them are straight up screenshots others, (like that screen of of Cleopatra that has that all that aliasing), others are touched up in-engine renders.

Magazine confirmed beard growth a couple weeks ago.

Seems like a mix yeah.

SomTervo

Is the game really that good looking or is your typical ubisoft bullshot?

Come the fuck on. AC Unity is one of the best looking games to-date in history and didn't have a single bullshot IIRC. Maybe there are IQ things on screens, but if anything it looked better than its screenshots in-action.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is one of the best looking games this year.

You can watch actual live videos of AC Origins posted in the OP to this very fucking thread and see 1080p footage where it looks this good.

Ubisoft are technical geniuses. Their games have rough edges but I can't think of a time they recently bullshotted. You might need PC to hit these screenshots but please don't throw out this bullshot bullshit.

Theorry

Some are abit touched up, But its not bad. Ubi isnt really doing this anymore.

elephant1.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Come the fuck on. AC Unity is one of the best looking games to-date in history and didn't have a single bullshot IIRC. Maybe there are IQ things on screens, but if anything it looked better than its screenshots in-action.

You can watch actual live videos of AC Origins posted in the OP to this very fucking thread and see 1080p footage where it looks this good.

Ubisoft are technical geniuses. Their games have rough edges but I can't think of a time they recently bullshotted. You might need PC to hit these screenshots but please don't throw out this bullshot bullshit.
Nah, understand the sentiment that Ubi is great at visuals. But they do have a history of touching up screenshots. Hell AC:Origins is another example of that even if it's way toned down compared to other titles. Seemingly for no reason as these games look fantastic and players end up taking screenshots that outclass the hell out of their bullshots aside from the character posing.

Some are abit touched up, But its not bad. Ubi isnt really doing this anymore.

4CP9xzSNSkbPvxx8G2xQ9T.jpg
What's weird about these is that they usually end up looking straight up worse than the actual games in motion lol. Especially the AC bullshots sometimes, like what they did to Arno's eyebrows here:
Assassins_Creed_Unity_SP_ArnoAndElise_1409669061.jpg

As if overeacting like this is any better than his post. Fuck is a great word, but if you use it too much then it just loses its value and you sound stupid.

But seriously, taking deep breaths after reading something you don't like usually gives you enough time to cool down and post appropriately.

It really doesn't.

As someone who has played a ton of AC games, the movement is completely assassin's creed. The animations even feel lifted out of unity. Sure it looks better and has different activites but the bulk of the gameplay looks no different than Unity or Syndicate. Which i'm ok with, I just think a lot of people are expecting something closer to Witcher 3 or just very different will be very disappointed.

ummm they bullshitted the gameworks trailer for the pc version of watch dogs 2 thats pretty recent. and for a trip down memory lane, they also bullshitted the gameworks trailer for ac syndicate, far cry 4, the crew, and ac unity

Dunan

Nubian dialect by this time was one with Coptic

I'm really hoping that we get to hear real Egyptian in this game, and that the hieroglyphs are done correctly. AC has always been a step above other franchises with that kind of thing. If they do that stuff I'll buy it on Day One.

(I know a Japanese guy who speaks pretty good Coptic and can also read hieroglyphs. He ought to be a consultant on the Japanese version; there can't be a dozen people in the world with those skills!)

SomTervo

As if overeacting like this is any better than his post. Fuck is a great word, but if you use it too much then it just loses its value and you sound stupid.

But seriously, taking deep breaths after reading something you don't like usually gives you enough time to cool down and post appropriately.
Is the game really that good looking or is your typical ubisoft bullshot?
ummm they bullshitted the gameworks trailer for the pc version of watch dogs 2 thats pretty recent. and for a trip down memory lane, they also bullshitted the gameworks trailer for ac syndicate, far cry 4, the crew, and ac unity
Nah, understand the sentiment that Ubi is great at visuals. But they do have a history of touching up screenshots. Hell AC:Origins is another example of that even if it's way toned down compared to other titles. Seemingly for no reason as these games look fantastic and players end up taking screenshots that outclass the hell out of their bullshots aside from the character posing.

What's weird about these is that they usually end up looking straight up worse than the actual games in motion lol. Especially the AC bullshots sometimes, like what they did to Arno's eyebrows here:
Assassins_Creed_Unity_SP_ArnoAndElise_1409669061.jpg

Sorry, I've spent over a year(s?) getting increasingly irritated with people just crapping over everything Ubi does because of how badly they handled a bunch of game design things from like 2009-2013 or so. I let that sheer liquid frustration get the better of me. Looks like they do have plenty of touched-up shots. I'm also generally not interested in screenshots and never really follow discussion around that so genuinely never knew ��

Sorry, I've spent over a year(s?) getting increasingly irritated with people just crapping over everything Ubi does because of how badly they handled a bunch of things from like 2009-2013 or so. I let that sheer liquid frustration get the better of me. Looks like they do have plenty of touched-up shots. I'm also generally not interested in screenshots and never really follow discussion around that so genuinely never knew ��

2009 - 2016

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No one has mentioned this, but i hate the way the level bar flashes every time you do anything to get xp. why does it need to flash when you get 5xp for picking up grass?

Crossing Eden

This game even has a MGSV influence, there seems to be some sort of reflex mode in this build, the world slows down right before detection in some instances:

Also another new mechanic, when you're detected but have the high ground™, you can perform a "leap attack" with your equipped melee weapon:

And another improvement to the climbing system, no longer do you just hump the wall, now the character will move upward and you can control their movement and find a handhold otherwise you'll slide back down, climbing pyramids is designed around this mechanic:

There's also a live Q and A right now by Centerstrain

SomTervo

This game even has a MGSV influence, there seems to be some sort of reflex mode in this build, the world slows down right before detection in some instances:

Also another new mechanic, when you're detected but have the high ground™, you can perform a "leap attack" with your equipped melee weapon:

And another improvement to the climbing system, no longer do you just hump the wall, now the character will move upward and you can control their movement and find a handhold otherwise you'll slide back down, climbing pyramids is designed around this mechanic:

There's also a live Q and A right now by Centerstrain

I got huge MGSV vibes from a few videos out already

2009 - 2016

Nah Unity/Rogue/Syndicate are sick imo (in terms of just game design), the damage/mistrust was done by AC Revolutions into 3 into Black Flag, and in parallel with Far Cry 3 into 4 (guess that is 2014 though)

I got huge MGSV vibes from a few videos out already

Nah Unity/Rogue/Syndicate are sick imo (in terms of just game design), the damage/mistrust was done by AC Revolutions into 3 into Black Flag, and in parallel with Far Cry 3 into 4 (guess that is 2014 though)

you personally liking them has nothing to do with the fact that they advertised the pc version of every game i listed with fake footage, buillshit trailers

Klocker

The drawdistance is so nice. Gonna be difficult to wait a couple of weeks to play it on X.

PotableMenacingDragonfly.gif

Damn can not wait, I have it preordered so it will be sitting on my HDD, I'll play a little on one but yea I'm waiting for the real eye candy nov 7

Ashtar

Can't wait to play this game, I'm firmly on the hype train after getting derailed by unity (did enjoy syndicate though) the combat AI seems kind of weird though, I was watching bloodworth play and the crocs just stood around for awhile between attacks.... anyhow looking forward to October

Crossing Eden

Sweet. I've been watching his vids and they're more enjoyable than the other channels.
Because he actually knows what he's doing lol.

Ohhhhhhh NO, they created a system where you torch can burn spider webs. Gonna spend way too much time doing that now. :|

EDIT:So they cut the minimap since they noticed during focus testing with their eye tracking software that player's eyes were glued to that specifically and not at the gorgeous open worlds they built.

I wouldve liked if the story wasnt centred at the near end of the ancient egyptian civilization, and if it had a bit of supernatural wack with insect curses and mummies coming back to life etc. Along with incorporating some eden powers in gameplay..
The inclusion of ceaser makes it look a fair bit grounded.

Btw can anyone tell me why bayek uses an underhanded grip with swords in some gameplay and does regular swings in others?
Also it seems for better or worse they straight away moved from 4 to origins and didnt really incorporate anything from unity and syndicate.
On one hand i would've liked the newer animations on the other you have to appreciate them for doing their own thing 100%.

All that said, this looks to be by far the best ac setting yet.
This team always gets the better ones lol.
Also, That anubis mask better freaking be equippable.

dex3108

I was a bit sceptical before but after these previews I think that I will spend 100s of hours in this game. Environments are amazing and it will be joy to explore them.

Damn this is gonna look great on the One X

I'm torn on what to do

buy Oct 27th (launch) for PS4 Pro, stick with that
wait until Xbox X is out (Nov 7th? 9th?) and play on that
just wait longer, post black friday may be a sale or two on the game and play on X

Combine that with the fact that buying SP ubisoft games at launch is kind of a mess, especially when you can buy the gold edition for 50% off a few months later when all the DLCs are also out, its becoming increasingly tough to pre order Ubisoft games.

golem

I'm torn on what to do

buy Oct 27th (launch) for PS4 Pro, stick with that
wait until Xbox X is out (Nov 7th? 9th?) and play on that
just wait longer, post black friday may be a sale or two on the game and play on X

Combine that with the fact that buying SP ubisoft games at launch is kind of a mess, especially when you can buy the gold edition for 50% off a few months later when all the DLCs are also out, its becoming increasingly tough to pre order Ubisoft games.

Yeah I have a Pro too but I think I'll just get the Xbox version since I prefer the Elite Controller. ACs I like to take my time with and I expect to still be knee deep in Destiny 2 so I dont think I'll have a huge problem waiting for the One X to arrive

Top Bottom