• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins gameplay previews

Auctopus

If anyone's sceptical about the draw-distance, they should go play Wildlands. Whatever tech is letting them do it is very impressive.

Toa TAK

Banned
Did not know this was Roman era (Caesar especially) Egypt. Sounds like a little too late in history for "Origins". Was expecting actual true pre-Ptoloemic Egypt.

Still making my way through Syndicate. Don't know if I will get this day one but it's really tempting now.
I was personally hoping for Amarna era Egypt, but I can't turn down my man Cesar and Cleopatra.

Exciting times.

Aklamarth

Crossing Eden said:
Man so many of these uploads on YT are compressed to hell and back. Anyway...Alexandria:

ComplicatedBruisedGrackle.gif

Fucking amazing. Just wondering how much of that is playable though.

Ralemont

not me
If the story is any good (or even if it isn't) this is looking to be a really good game. I can't believe after all these years I'm starting to buy AC games day one again. Did it last year for Syndicate and got my favorite AC game, and this one looks worth the dough as well.

Egyptian's culture is both mysterious and intriguing to me. So happy to see that Ubisoft is tackling this subject with its technical prowess in creating beautiful cities. I need to be there Day 1 to see how they deliver with this title. So far, it looks promising.

Anyone know if when you reach a landmark a preview pops up on screen, and you can click into the full description?

One of my pet peeves about syndicate is you would get to new landmarks but wouldn't see description about it until you dug into menus.

Ushay

I'm torn on what to do

buy Oct 27th (launch) for PS4 Pro, stick with that
wait until Xbox X is out (Nov 7th? 9th?) and play on that
just wait longer, post black friday may be a sale or two on the game and play on X

Combine that with the fact that buying SP ubisoft games at launch is kind of a mess, especially when you can buy the gold edition for 50% off a few months later when all the DLCs are also out, its becoming increasingly tough to pre order Ubisoft games.

Can't really go wrong with either, but for the Dolby Atmos support alone I'd wait for the X version.

The funny thing about this is that I had this same exact thought when I read that.

This might be their strongest game since BF.

It will need to be amazing to top Horizon. Even with Beard growth.

I actually got pretty bored with horizon. It's one of the most beautiful games I've seen though. I need to get back to it and give it another shot. I'm not implying AC is going to be better mind you.

Can't really go wrong with either, but for the Dolby Atmos support alone I'd wait for the X version.

can someone explain how the atmos in xb1 is useful to anyone who doesnt have the supporting hardware?
and what exactly is the supporting hardware besides the elaborate speaker set up

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
ComplicatedBruisedGrackle.gif

Fucking amazing. Just wondering how much of that is playable though.
Literally everything. :D The major change they made to the climbing system besides the controls and responsiveness are that nearly everything is flagged as climbable, so if you see a mountain, you can just climb it without looking for obvious handholds.

I'm scared at being hyped for this game. I haven't played an AC since 4. Please don't let me down, Ubisoft.

It will need to be amazing to top Horizon. Even with Beard growth.

Origins:
  • Has beard growth
  • Pyramids

Horizon:
  • Doesn't have beard growth
  • No pyramids

QED.

IntoTheBush

Neo Member
As someone who has only played a few hours of the first Assassin's Creed, I find myself very excited for this. Are the season passes in these games generally worthwhile, or is it something to hold off on until a later date?

Syrus

Banned
As someone who has only played a few hours of the first Assassin's Creed, I find myself very excited for this. Are the season passes in these games generally worthwhile, or is it something to hold off on until a later date?

Most aeason passes are better on a sale

carlsojo

I don't think AC games have had very good season pass content personally. It's rare for any game to have a worthwhile season pass.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Depends, they usually contain mini campaigns with some new mechanics and either new maps or revamped versions of existing maps.

Someone on reddit noticed this, remember this leaked shot that the head of content said was not AC:
assasse2-203442.jpg

it's actually the pyramid in this new demo:
XuR0VkY.png

Kevin

Any word on the PS4 Pro version of the game and how it compares to the Xbox One X and PC? I suppose I could always buy the PC version and just play it on my 4K tv (if a 1080ti is enough to play this well, we all know how PC ports are these days).

Hexer06

When I first saw this at E3 I gave it a hard pass. Now after seeing all this new footage since then, I might actually get this one. Looks really good, plus it'll give me something new to play on the X. :D

SomTervo

I'm scared at being hyped for this game. I haven't played an AC since 4. Please don't let me down, Ubisoft.

Origins:
  • Has beard growth
  • Pyramids

Horizon:
  • Doesn't have beard growth
  • No pyramids

QED.

If they're carrying over the improvements from Unity, Rogue and Syndicate, as well as the new systems and mechanics, you're in for a hell of a nice surprise. Things have changed a lot since 4.

Do any of these previews go into detail about actual new stuff in terms of gameplay, quests? I mean at first glance it really doesn't look like just another AC with a different look and new location, which is really good.

jelly

Looks pretty slick, like how nimble and fast the main character is. Not sure of the combat, I hate the screen shudder on hits.

Top Bottom