• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins gameplay previews

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Game is looking so goooood.

ElementaryBlaringDrake.gif

holy shit that vegetation 😍

Gonna make my 970 sweat

Honestly, with the next reboot of the series, I hope they set it in a fantasy setting. They would have so much freedom and they could still use historical architectural styles.

A major appeal of the series is exploring architecturally-accurate historical settings

I've always enjoyed the core gameplay loop and have wanted to engage in a story and world that wasn't bound to historical events in any way. Maybe just use those events as a basis for things to happen in your new world (ala Game of Thrones and the War of the Roses) Ridiculously high buildings with multiple layers all smooshed beside each other to accommodate gameplay instead of accuracy.

I don't know, I guess I just want the designers to have more control. I feel like they needlessly limit themselves a lot with this series.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm a sucker for rain in games so... will the game feature rainy weather?

holy shit that vegetation ��

Gonna make my 970 sweat

I wonder if that's using Nvidia Turf Effects tech or something in house.

Past AC games have used Nvidia GameWorks stuff so it's possible.

I'm a sucker for rain in games so... will the game feature rainy weather?

Egypt averages less than 1 inch of rain a year (country wide), it's higher along the coast, Alexandria averages the most but the highest it's ever had (recorded) was 7.87 inches in a year.

I wouldn't expect a lot of rain.

SomTervo

Rogue had pretty decent rain, didn't it? Thought I just played a Naval mission/fort assault with rain.

Same backbone as Black Flag anyway so it's not surprising.

Here's to hoping ACO has rain.

the original post was strictly about visuals, so yes

What? That's not the post we were discussing? We were discussing this:

Sorry, I've spent over a year(s?) getting increasingly irritated with people just crapping over everything Ubi does because of how badly they handled a bunch of game design things from like 2009-2013 or so. I let that sheer liquid frustration get the better of me. Looks like they do have plenty of touched-up shots. I'm also generally not interested in screenshots and never really follow discussion around that so genuinely never knew ��

A post where I apologised and admitted I was wrong about bullshots and that I was being defensive about the GENERAL bad vibe people have (whether justified or not) with Ubi's output between 2009 and 2013.

It's right there:

people just crapping over everything Ubi does because of how badly they handled a bunch of game design things from like 2009-2013 or so

I moved the conversation away from just visuals/bullshots with that comment, then you responded to it with "2009-2016".

I'm done.

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't think I've been this impressed with the tech of an AC game since the first.

Game looks phenomenal. I'm only concerned with the story. I really hope they can deliver something great, especially since they have so much to work with this go character-wise and the era they inhabit. Sydnicate was fun and a lighter romp due to the characters, but Unity squandered its setting and the main story was mostly a drag like its characters.

Gimmie the goods Ubi.

Mifec

I don't think I've been this impressed with the tech of an AC game since the first.

Game looks phenomenal. I'm only concerned with the story. I really hope they can deliver something great, especially since they have so much to work with this go character-wise and the era they inhabit. Sydnicate was fun and a lighter romp due to the characters, but Unity squandered its setting and the main story was mostly a drag like its characters.

Gimmie the goods Ubi.

Did you somehow miss Unity? It's still one of the best looking open world games this gen on PC.

SomTervo

I thought Rogue, Unity and Syndicate were all pretty decent with their punchy characters. Especially Syndicate - Evie Frye was awesome (even if Jacob was nyeh) and it has a couple of great supports.

Either way I'm not too fussed as long as we don't get loads of modern-day stuff

Harlequin

Gimmie the goods Ubi.

They also had a lot of awesome stuff to work with in Unity's and Syndicate's settings and those games' stories were still lacklustre at best so I'm not holding my breath.

This continues to look like one of the most impressive games of the fall. They've shown a lot of it and I remain intrigued and pumped up for it.

I'm really excited to see how crazy things get that the Assassin's Order needed to be created because of it.

Rogue had pretty decent rain, didn't it? Thought I just played a Naval mission/fort assault with rain.

Same backbone as Black Flag anyway so it's not surprising.

Here's to hoping ACO has rain.

What? That's not the post we were discussing? We were discussing this:

A post where I apologised and admitted I was wrong about bullshots and that I was being defensive about the GENERAL bad vibe people have (whether justified or not) with Ubi's output between 2009 and 2013.

It's right there:

I moved the conversation away from just visuals/bullshots with that comment, then you responded to it with "2009-2016".

I'm done.

fair enough. i dont think that makes their usage of fake pc footage in trailers any less despicable

New video focuses on the country that they built, shows off a bunch of different outfits, the new game structure,
and details about the plot
. Also new feature, the torch is throwable so you can light dark areas before you traverse them, what didn't they think of when making this game:
K1a9LhL.gif

O_O

Also someone noticed a waypoint that 60KM away holy shit....
6ypW1o0.png
Anyone here listen to Hardcore History? It's going to be awesome seeing the events of Death Throes of the Republic play out in Assassin's Creed

Xando

The Game of Power trailer really hyped me up for the story. Love that you meet all these famous characters from ancient egypt

Top Bottom