• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Jack the Ripper |OT| Evie Slays Your Fave

Grisby

Wow, shit looks like it gets bad for Evie. Really liked Syndicate but I still think I might wait on this. For the moment anyways, too knee deep in FO4.

17 gb. I hope it's got some new areas.
I love that they have an older Evie tbh, so few games have female protagonists and it's even cooler that they're featuring an older woman which is basically unheard of

Also pls keep untagged spoilers out of the OT, or black them out!
Isn't that the truth. Give me more old women. Love the age gap they gave her. Wonder what happened between her and
Greene
during this time.

s5sGUzm.png

Fantastic.

I'm in.

Wow, shit looks like it gets bad for Evie. Really liked Syndicate but I still think I might wait on this. For the moment anyways, too knee deep in FO4.

17 gb. I hope it's got some new areas.

Isn't that the truth. Give me more old women. Love the age gap they gave her. Wonder what happened between her and
Greene
during this time.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to finding out! She's my fave AC protagonist since Ezio.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
We don't know yet :p the only info I could gain about the fear system was what's in the OP. I'll try and update it once the game is out!
Yeah, I can't see how it benefits Evie, so it might be Interesting!

foxdvd

Syndicate was my third favorite game of the year after Bloodborne and Fallout. I am going to wait for gaf impressions though. I have never been impressed with the "detective" missions in the last few Creed games. Laugh all you want, but the recent Sherlock Holmes games do it so much better. In fact, one of them was about Jack the Ripper, and while the game was flawed, the story and acting were VERY well done...and I loved how they "explained" who Jack was and why it never came out.

So I am going to see if this dlc is expanded on the boring detective mechanic from the last two games...before I buy

You know the latest trailer gave me the vibes that
Jacob
is the ripper.

Probably won't be but it was odd I got to that conclusion.

Karak

Reviews for the DLC ? Embargo ?

Usually Ubi contacts me long before a title comes out to get a code for review or some random coverage. And nothing(to be honest I didn't reach out to them either), has been said about it. So my thoughts are it may not be out for review early. Or at least very early. Could be wrong though.

SlickVic

I'm looking forward to some more impressions about this. I feel a bit conflicted about Syndicate's dual protagonist system. On one hand, I really like embracing a different play style with each of them (stealth with Evie and full on brawler with Jacob) as it makes things more varied and also challenges the tendency of trying to approach each mission the same exact way. I also liked that in each sequence they each had their own mini story arc to follow and perhaps made the story as a whole feel a bit larger than it actually was by following 2 characters instead of just one.

But at the same time, I find myself much more interested in Evie's character, to the point I probably wouldn't have minded at all if she was the sole protagonist of the game. And it does make me a bit more interested in this DLC knowing that she seems to be the primary protagonist here. If this turned out pretty good I'll be mighty tempted to go and pick up the season pass.

I am eager to find out about the reviews before buying this. Watcherd an excellent Jack the Ripper documentary just for this DLC

Played a couple of hours, really like it so far but I have one issue with it, some secondary missions are about kidnapping a target and bringing them to a key NPC. I really hate this mechanic/type of missions from the main game and they have removed one of the skills, so basically you have to walk slowly and keep pressing X to keep your target in check.

As far as I can tell, you don't have all London available, just 2 districts. The fear mechanic/tools are interesting but pointless in my opinion, I can see why they make sense for The Ripper but not for Evie.

I'm getting this.
Going by the trailer, they stress too much on Jacob being Jack, it has to be a red herring.

I honestly can't remember the last time we played a middle aged heroine.

So I guess this still isn't up on US PSN? lmao

I wish they would treat these major DLC releases like actual game releases and have them go up at midnight :/

WeTeHa

Man 17gb is gonna take me forever to download and slow down the internet for everything else. Eh, will download over night and play tomorrow.

Top Bottom