• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate |OT| Once more unto the glitch

Auctopus

Just going through to 100% sync main missions and Spoonful of Syrup (the one where Jacob is hunting down the manafacturrr is the hardest mission to 100% in the game IMO)

Damn, I was hoping in the patch they would modify the material cost in crafting. It's borderline F2P feeling.

Auctopus

On the road to Platinum and just did the 3 races required for a trophy, good lord.

Button spamming, rubber banding bullshit.

"Hyah!"
"C'mon!"
"Faster"

Are you hunting down chests? That's the best ways to obtain some of those hard to acquire materials for crafting.
Yup, but unlike the other collectables, I find chests tedious as there are so many of them and I don't think the payoff is all that great. Upgrades were not something I found frustrating at all in past games. :<

thebloo

Yup, but unlike the other collectables, I find chests tedious as there are so many of them and I don't think the payoff is all that great. Upgrades were not something I found frustrating at all in past games. :<

Run some missions for Ned. They're kinda fun and you'll soon be rolling in leathers and shit.

Stat!

What I did was just grab any chests I saw along the way. You'll get the materials in no time if you just hit them along the way. Try buying the maps and you'll realize sometimes you're right beside them

Yeah, I've had the maps since I could afford them. The only map i'm missing is the glyphs map which i'm saving up my sick ass ($$$)HELIXXX CREDITS($$$) for. I definitely have been picking up when they're on the way, especially if they're yellow.

I haven't done of side quest stuff yet, so I'll check out some Ned quests.

Auctopus

Basically only have two trophies left to go but they're horribly grindy ones...

- Destroy 5000 destructibles.
- Kick 50 people off of trains.

Yuck. Might as well go for it now, though.

Squire

Banned
This is the last AAA release I wanted this year, so I grabbed it on Amazon today. I don't consider myself an AC fan, but I kind of loved Black Flag. The railing missions weighed it down, but I loved the cast, the story, and the pirate gameplay. I felt it really embraced it's themes s d it had a real personality about it. Hopefully this succeeds in the same way. The fact one of the design leads worked on Saints Row 3 is hugely in its favor for me already.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Soon....
ylYNsLc.gif

Auctopus

Just Platinum'd. That 5000 destructibles trophy can go to hell.

Some quick thoughts I might elaborate on...

+ Borough missions are the best in the game. They're open to creativity and allow you (for the most part) to exercise all your Assassin skills.
+ Soundtrack is phenomenal. It has emotion, it has triumph, it has loss. It's superb. My favourite is the piece that plays at the top of St. Paul's Cathedral.
+ London. Well, of course. The city usually is the star in an AC game but the variety of the boroughs makes for a realistic feeling city.
+
WW1 Section
- A section of the game that was a nice surprise.
+ Starrick. Under-utilised villain.

- Main missions are mostly a drag and are linked together with the thinnest of strings.
- No sense of progression through the campaign, especially as the game lets you conquer London's gangs very early on.
- London isn't quite made for Assassins. Despite their realism, a lot of the nooks and crannies of the city's rooftops made for an irritating experience.
- Sort of linked to the last point, the movement engine needs a rehaul. Its not desperate for one but in order to future-proof the series, more fluidity needs to be added. Wall-runs felt like a necessity in this entry.
- Ending fight is almost comical in its pacing.

Just Platinum'd. That 5000 destructibles trophy can go to hell.
Ive been running over as many things as possible when using carriages. Hopefully it adds up and I don't have to work too hard for that trophy.

So far I mostly agree with your points. Though I'm not too down on the main story so far. I really enjoy Evie's line compares to Jacobs though. Jacob barely feels like an assassin and more like a gang leader.

chadskin

The new Assassin&#8217;s Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper campaign puts you in the shoes of Evie once more as she returns to London after being absent for 20 years. Armed with some new skills, she must investigate a series of crimes that draw her deep into the dark underworld of Victorian London&#8217;s Whitechapel district. Assassin&#8217;s Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC on December 15.
Pick up Jack the Ripper for $14.99, or get it as part of the Assassin&#8217;s Creed Syndicate Season Pass for $29.99.
Trailer: http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-jack-the-ripper-release-date-trailer/

Bakemono64

Neo Member
>Jack the Ripper will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC on December 15.
Bullshit, trailer says it's out on PC in December 22. F U Ubi.

Oh my god

Older female protagonist

This is like......... Unheard of, I'm so excited

You're absolutely right, an older female protagonist so rarely happens, it's brilliant! I really love her design, too, she looks great.

Thanks for the awesome Christmas present (that I've technically already paid you for...), Ubisoft!

Hm, so I just started my PS4 playthrough today and in the Ubisoft club I can't redeem the Assassin Reward pack (Elise outfit), it says I need to reach 2400 XP in all AC games... But I redeemed it with no issue on PC.

CHC

Really looking forward to the Jack the Ripper expansion. I can't believe Ubi STILL does the staggered PC release though! I mean it's not a huge deal but it's kind of bizarre.

Really looking forward to the Jack the Ripper expansion. I can't believe Ubi STILL does the staggered PC release though! I mean it's not a huge deal but it's kind of bizarre.
tbh if I had to choose between the staggered release and shit ports I'd go for staggered release. :p I mean it's pretty bad that other companies manage to release not shit ports day and date with consoles but between the two options, I know which I'll take!

Hm, so I just started my PS4 playthrough today and in the Ubisoft club I can't redeem the Assassin Reward pack (Elise outfit), it says I need to reach 2400 XP in all AC games... But I redeemed it with no issue on PC.
I really don't find any enjoyment out of Ubisoft Club. I always have enough points to purchase everything, but the system is so sluggish. Even if they fixed the responsiveness I don't think i'd feel rewarded, it's dumb. I'd be much happier if this stuff were unlocks in the game, that'd be rewarding.

CHC

tbh if I had to choose between the staggered release and shit ports I'd go for staggered release. :p I mean it's pretty bad that other companies manage to release not shit ports day and date with consoles but between the two options, I know which I'll take!

Oh yeah totally agree. I mean it's not like I have nothing else to do, it's only a week later, it just seems like such an outdated practice. But yeah I've been very impressed with Syndicate's performance and stability so no complaints from me.

Ashtar

I've been playing this game since Black friday and enjoying it more than Unity for sure.

I am surprised about the positive reception this game got in relation to bugs, it feels a lot buggier than unity. Mind you I'm not talking about performance or pop in, but things like missions just not activating, or weird things like me hijacking a carriage and the driver never moving so we're both existing in the same place at the same time in defiance of my physics.

The missions designers REALLY need work, maybe it's because I had the HUD mostly off but I would go to one objective and do it, and have no idea how the next objective was related. The missions in AC games have never really been good imo, Unity did have some pretty good ones thought, the balloon mission was really good as was the
World War 2 eifel tower mission
but most of the missions in this game seem pretty uninspired imo.

The movement is also pretty bad, I really don't understand because I know ubi shares resources internally but their biggest franchise has the worst controls? Watch_Dogs, Splinter Cell hell even Gone home have better controls. The parkour up and parkour down thing isn't working.

Despite all this the gang missions are really fun and the dreadful crime investigations are pretty good as well, fighting is a lot better but I still have trouble linking together triple kills.

Evie is a good protagonist, Jacob is alright.

I'm about 40% done right now ( i think)

Bliddo

This is my favourite AC since Brotherhood. The mechanics are smoother, the combat and stealth are way better. Evie is awesome, great voice and amazing animations.
Too bad the AC fatigue will put off many from playing this.

Finished the main story last night. Ended quite well though I'm still not sure what they wanted me to do at the boss fight. I think I know, but the controls in this game do not really mesh with it well.

I was going to go for the platinum, but I really don't feel like doing some of the trophies now. Mainly the kicking people off the train and shoot fifty enemies before they shoot at you. I'm at 59% trophy completion but meh.

Still, I really liked this game.

ShapeGSX

I'm amazed at how good this game is. I love the multi-part missions. I love the various "famous" personalities in the game. There is so much to do. At the moment, I'm just going through each territory and eliminating the gang influence.

And technically, it's the best AC, yet. The frame rate is pretty damn good most of the time on my Xbox One. Every once in a while it will slow down when a LOT is going on.

thundr51

Got this from buying a 980. Haven't played a creed game since first one. I don't really care about story, but curious about the stealth stuff. Worth it to remain hidden, or just kill everyone? I'm terrible at stealth games.

Bliddo

I'm amazed at how good this game is. I love the multi-part missions. I love the various "famous" personalities in the game. There is so much to do. At the moment, I'm just going through each territory and eliminating the gang influence.
I like that there is a lot to do, but nothing feels like padding like the other games.

Got this from buying a 980. Haven't played a creed game since first one. I don't really care about story, but curious about the stealth stuff. Worth it to remain hidden, or just kill everyone? I'm terrible at stealth games.

I try to stay hidden whenever I can because I think it's more challenging than fighting a big group of people. I think the game encourages you to be stealthy as well, but I don't feel like you're punished much if you're terrible at it. An argument could be made that fighting large groups of people is punishment for being bad at stealth, but combat in large groups is mostly a test of how good you are at countering and dodging bullets. I don't have a lot of trouble with either of those.

My opinion of the game is pretty positive. It's probably the best AC game I've played in a while and I really loved the grappling hook. Traversal is interesting again given how fast you can climb and go between buildings with the grappling hook. The story is solid, the combat feels good (though not too challenging), and I only ran into maybe one gamebreaking glitch through my 14ish hour play through. The Jack the Ripper DLC also looks interesting, so I'm actually interested in getting an AC DLC for the first time in forever.

Also enjoying this one a great deal. I don't know why, but I'm going after all the collectibles too. I like the way the map works with collectibles this time, it's not as overwhelming as with Unity.

Squire

Banned
Their design director for this game came from Saints Row 3. If you've played a lot of that game, you can really feel it in the gang/skill systems and the activities/territorial conquest gameplay. The supporting cast and side missions are on par with the main sequences. It's pretty great, yeah.

Squire

Banned
FYI the Jack the Ripper DLC is available on PS4 in Europe.

edit: 17 GB, damn.

I'm really curious to see how long this is. I mean, the Adewele DLC for AC4 was long enough that Ubi sold it separately after a while. When they say "new campaign", I have to admit I'm inclined to them somewhat literally (to a reasonable extent.)

Squire

Banned
HOLY SHIT

I just did
the WWI stuff with Lydia. Is there going to be more of that? I did it all in one sitting. So cool. This could've been the premise for the whole game!

Also, I just got Sequence 8 and I just reached Level 7 (which is the recommended level for it). I'm in the middle of Sequence 6 though, so should I just wait and play everything in order?

Bittercup

Gamestop has the Evie and Jacob figures on sale for 25€ each (down from the usual 40€)
Not sure if this is in every country.

Also, I just got Sequence 8 and I just reached Level 7 (which is the recommended level for it). I'm in the middle of Sequence 6 though, so should I just wait and play everything in order?
I don't think the order matters much. Sequence 8 feels like a separate episode, that's probably why it does unlock earlier.
I did play them in order though. Totally confusing when sequence 8 suddenly unlocked and I hadn't played 7 yet.

Top Bottom