• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - First Footage [PC/PS4/XB1, French Revolution, Holiday 2014]

Leks

French version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp8XIHNR-OU
English version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLcjwqXATIM

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche [Let them eat cake]! We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!

Via Seanspeed:

Vooduu

kBqiPOH.gif

Yesss....

Sendou

So this is from the official AC channel? Where is the proper announcement and press release?

Assuming it was a genuine leak I think they wanted to control it a bit by showing some footage of their own (in other words footage that they can cherry pick instead of screenshots of areas clearly in progress).

The English description implies this was in response to the leaked screenshots, but this looks pretty polished for a quick teaser. Weird.

Also I really really really hope the crowd we see near the end is indicative of the next-gen crowd tech we can expect from future games. I'm actually serious, games with urban scenes (ex. GTA, Deus Ex: HR, etc.) often feel so lifeless because of the lack of NPCs.

Hindl

Looks like they learned their lesson from the Watch_Dogs fiasco with the footage with the alpha disclaimer. I really don't think there'll be a downgrade, that looks really good but it's not mind-blowing. Plus is this the next-gen only one?

Guess that stuff about the French Revolution was right, which is great. There's so much potential there. I can't wait to see their version of Paris, and hopefully we get to go to Versailles too. I was never big on AC, but Black Flag was pretty damn good, so count me in

So soon? Didn't they announce AC4 with a trailer and preorder bonuses like two months after AC3 was released?

Well, in the description they say that they weren't ready to reveal the game, but the leak pushed them to show something.

Anyway, it's very hard to believe that's what the game looks like given UBI's track record. But it's certainly the generational leap over AC4 that they were advertising, so I guess we'll see as the release approaches.

Seanspeed

Banned
Have people never played an Assassin's Creed game before? They've had these extremely beautiful CG scenes in pretty much every one I've played. Like the one at the beginning of Revelations?

That isn't actual gameplay footage guys. Obviously.

rob305

This looks really really good. I remember the guy who first leaked it (airplane dude) said it looked very similar to the current gen assassin games from the videos he saw..

L1NETT

Looks like 21st January 1793 to me.......(execution of Louis XVI)

Could be wrong.

Also, that looks fantastic but a healthy dose of skepticism around Ubisoft recently is not unwarranted.

Looks fan-fucking-tastic. This trailer also seems like a heavy callback to the original AC1 trailer. I hope they get back to basics and bring back the stuff that made AC2/Brotherhood amazing (ability to turn off auto free run, tombs, glyphs, open-ended assassinations, great atmospheric music always playing, etc)

Ghazi

Yeah, kiss my ass Ubisoft, I don't believe that the game will look anywhere near that on final release, even post downgrade. Even if it looks doable, I'm not trusting it.

This shit needs to stop.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Pretty CGI!
.. five downgrades are hitting it before it's real-time on a eight-gen console.

Top Bottom