• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity - First Footage [PC/PS4/XB1, French Revolution, Holiday 2014]

Seanspeed

Banned
So everybody is assuming that's gameplay footage, huh?

Cant wait to hear all the whining and complaining later when it doesn't look nearly that good.....not because of a downgrade, but because they were thinking a CG scene was gameplay.

jond76

Banned
I think its real time. Reason: the paper particles in the street scene fade away after floating a bit. Looks nice.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If that's what they're aiming at wrt the population then I can see why they waited before doing the French Revolution.

I'm perchedT as hell.

Vinc

Well, this certainly looks like a proper next-gen game. I'm pretty excited, though I still need to finish Black Flag.

Dark_castle

Impressive graphics.

Too bad the setting wasn't my cup of tea. When will there be one open world RPG or adventure game set on ancient China or Japan?

Lucifon

I applaud Ubisoft coming out and just teasing the game after it's leaked. That's what a company should do, not pretend the leak never happened and go "Surpriseeee!" to no fanfare whatsoever.

Looks great, but after Watch Dogs I'm sceptical of the visuals...

Clevinger

Cant wait to hear all the whining and complaining later when it doesn't look nearly that good.....not because of a downgrade, but because they were thinking a CG scene was gameplay.

"the following is alpha game footage"

It's probably bullshit, but they're absolutely claiming it is.

w00zey

Looks like they learned their lesson from the Watch_Dogs fiasco with the footage with the alpha disclaimer. I really don't think there'll be a downgrade, that looks really good but it's not mind-blowing. Plus is this the next-gen only one?

This is how I feel as well. Though I know why most people are cynical. At some point though what we are seeing isn't exactly mindblowing and what is should be doable.

I like the time period and locale, I can even believe some of the graphics (with certain downgrades) but if they don't change the gameplay drastically, I can't see myself not getting bored early in the game.

Played Black Flag after a longer pause of AC games and had a lot of fun but it was still a chore playing it from about halfway through the game.

The series desperately need a revamped gameplay system, increased difficulty, stealth mechanics that are maybe more similar to the Hitman and Splinter Cell series and less of Ubi's trademark blueprint gameplay of "conquering" checkpoints and areas.

jelly

Remember when AC3 was three years in development.

Not falling for it Ubisoft. You have a lot to prove in game play as well as graphics.

Logash

Says in game in the description.

Not sure what is so unbelievable about what was in that teaser to be honest, guess we are still over reacting to the perceived WD stuff.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
French Revolution deserves a V. Drop Unity Ubi. Looking real good in any case. Hopefully won't be always-online.

I don't think that an anual franchise can look better than the best exclusives to date (ryse and infamous). If this is true, next-gen is going to be even more mind-blowing that we expected.

If this is a shitty tech demo to hype us, Ubisoft will receive the biggest rage in history.

Braag

Looks niiiice and I like the period they've chosen.

Graphics look crazy good which can only mean that it will be downgraded later on :p

Edit: I don't really like the title Unity either. Sounds generic like revelations or brotherhood... which is exactly what ubisoft wants I guess.

Toa TAK

Banned
Don't care about the graphics, as long as they're presentable. Just really excited for an AC game in the French Revolution!

Coolwhip

Banned
I don't think that an anual franchise can look better than the best exclusives to date (ryse and infamous). If this is true, next-gen is going to be even more mind-blowing that we expected.

If this is a shitty tech demo to hype us, Ubisoft will receive the biggest rage in history.

Has next gen been mind blowing so far to anyone?

French Revolution deserves a V. Drop Unity Ubi. Looking real good in any case. Hopefully won't be always-online.

I think they're leery of calling it V because of the fact they're pushing two versions out (last gen and current gen). They probably don't want to have two different games called Assassain's Creed V and feel a subtitle after the V could just imply they're ports of each other.

Have you even looked through this thread?

Half the responses are doubt and downgrade related.

Logash

Why wouldn't it? I mean if you think about it this game has been in development a lot longer than Infamous and Ryse. I expect Batman to be just as impressive.

injurai

Banned
I really hope the go all out on the AI and gameplay. It's the first nextgen AC game they have to buck the trend of rehashing the same formula with the same problems.

Especially if they expect the series to last another generation.

Seems odd that after the positive response they got from changing up the formula in AC4 and focusing on the ship combat and a whole new setting and style that they would go back to something much more like AC2. It's a much better idea than AC3--American revolution era cities just aren't that interesting to explore, but people haven't forgotten the fatigue they felt from the previous entries.

dosh

That looks amazing if in-game. Huge jump from cross-gen stuff like AC4 Black Flag!

In engine, probably. Ingame, highly doubtful.

Funny that it comes right after the Watch Dogs downgrade and "but Guillemot asked us to show it earlier than we wanted to" debacle.

Awntawn

one of the things that's always bugged me about open world games is that the world always seems like a scaled down miniature.

downgrade the visuals all you want, if the scale of the environment remains that large, count me excited.

Top Bottom