• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Sorry if this was already posted, but check this ish out. Juxtaposed photos of ACU in real world Paris.

http://petapixel.com/2014/11/25/printed-video-game-screenshots-creatively-juxtapose-1790s-modern-day-paris/

creedparis1.jpg

Very cool.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So, this may have been mentioned but does anyone else have their PS4 fan go incredibly loud when browsing the start menu in this game?

Christ, the minute I pause to upgrade Arno it goes insanely loud and fast.
Yep, happens occasionally when I'm browsing through the outfits. Presumably because it's rendering a lot of detailed outfits over and over in a very short amount of time.

Skux

I thought they fixed the silly UI overlapping. Still getting notifications over info screens.

There's a left side of the screen, Ubi!

Corgi

Banned
so whats the freaking point of these warp to a different time period and hold up and RT to run through them missions?

Feels like they have a team that needs to do something or they gonna get laid off.

Although the occupy paris one makes me want another saboteur game.

murgo

After getting past the framerate and pop-in and other issues I started enjoying this immensely. The game is tons of fun. Exploring, solving the riddles, looking for cockades and chests is awesome. I hope they get rid of the performance issues soon and learn from their mistakes.

Corgi

Banned
man the fight against
pisspot hobo
was so clunky lol.

It's insane that after like half a dozen games, they still can't figure out how to do boss fights.

Crossing Eden

It seems we're not alone.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/955623-In-game-menus-loud-fan-noise?p=10378778

The thought behind it is that there isnt an FPS cap in the menu, causing it to as high as 200fps apparently.

Slightly annoying, as I dont like hearing the fan get that loud.
What in the world? That's so weird if true.

so whats the freaking point of these warp to a different time period and hold up and RT to run through them missions?

Feels like they have a team that needs to do something or they gonna get laid off.

Although the occupy paris one makes me want another saboteur game.
Fun set pieces as well as context for the rift missions.

Yoday

It seems we're not alone.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/955623-In-game-menus-loud-fan-noise?p=10378778

The thought behind it is that there isnt an FPS cap in the menu, causing it to as high as 200fps apparently.

Slightly annoying, as I dont like hearing the fan get that loud.
A lot of games do this. Menus kick up the fan the highest in a lot of games because they simply don't cap the framerate. This happens on the PC all the time too, which is easy to see because of programs like fraps. It's not unusual for menus in games to reach the thousands in framerate, which is likely what is happening in Unity and many other games.

Ledhead

It says "Play" and "Club Competition"... Dont tell me I have to do some Club bullshit to be able to buy it...

Too many stupid social restrictions around in-game stuff. Yellow chest: level up initiate profile. Blue chest: stupid app that doesn't even work. Sweet piece of gear: club competition.

Ferr986

Too many stupid social restrictions around in-game stuff. Yellow chest: level up initiate profile. Blue chest: stupid app that doesn't even work. Sweet piece of gear: club competition.

This is fucking worse than the framerates problems.
Seems like I have to do some Club competition, but those competitions arent in the game yet, so I have to fuck myself basically. Its just Ubi being idiots. Unbelievable...

do you make way more money later? some of these end game gear seem pretty pricey.

Advice for anyone playing this game: if you want your money problems to stop before they even start, just do all the Cafe Theatre missions first, then buy all social clubs in the map. You'll get about 11000F every 20 mins or so

Akai__

Story question and spoiler:

Just found Robespierre after he escaped. Elise is a badass!

Anyways, was it ever explained why Assassins can see the past of assassinated people?

I feel like it was never explained.

RedAssedApe

Banned
can you platinum without getting all the chests? :\

stupid initiates...

Anyways, was it ever explained why Assassins can see the past of assassinated people?

nevermind...i just thought about it...doesn't really make any sense if its the animus. so methinks just an ability related to eagle vision

Crossing Eden

It's a bit implied that only Arno has this ability, due to his version eagle vision being different from other assassins.

RobbieNick

Damn, the more I hear about this game the happier I am that I went with Rouge (cannot resist pirate ships). I might pick this one u in a few months when things are more worked out, but even then I'll go with the XB1 version what with the fan problem I'm hearing on PS4. I don't need a single game killing my system.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's insane that after like half a dozen games, they still can't figure out how to do boss fights.
I feel like even when they nail the mechanics, the problem becomes that they're not challenging at all. They need to get both.

I feel like the Legendary Ships/Battles in ACIV and Rogue are the only boss fights in the series that REALLY nail what it means to be a good boss.

Skux

To be fair, AC games have never been about the boss fights. The mechanics are too limited to make any sort of 1v1 interesting.

Toa TAK

Banned
To be fair, AC games have never been about the boss fights. The mechanics are too limited to make any sort of 1v1 interesting.

It's a shame, because they're always building up the antagonist throughout the story, and then give them a Piece of Eden to boot. And it looks really cool visually, but damn if it makes for a disappointing finale.

The only time when this was okay, despite the game mechanics was the first game. Story built to a crescendo and it wasn't offensive because the whole game was repetition anyways. Plus, again, it was the first AC game, it set the foundation for the rest of the main game titles.

George Washington almost had it, but the fight was just a matter of patterns with no real sense of danger. Unity's was just sneaking up behind a dude three times and calling it a day. Awesome POE, but it's just a turret to sneak around. =(

One day they'll get it, I think. But not this year.

benzy

If I'm looking at this companion app right, you need to wait 60+ something hours in order to beat the pantheon missions in Uplay app to unlock Altair's costume...

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Ferr986

If I'm looking at this companion app right, you need to wait 60+ something hours in order to beat the pantheon missions in Uplay app to unlock Altair's costume...

Its a fucking mess. I was somewhat enjoying the game being my first AC, even with the clunky parkour, but if the series stays this way about blocking shit to its players then surely its going to be the last one for me.

hopefully they fix this game up as I was really in the mood for an Assassin's Creed 2 style Assassin's Creed game. And hopefully it gets cheaper by then too.

Skux

Yup. I'm on them now and am running into a lot of 12, 24 and 36(!) hour missions. And that's for one mission. Each chest takes 3 missions, and there are 3 chests per node. Depending on the overlap and how often you deploy them it could be 100 to several hundred hours.

Corgi

Banned

other counter based games like mordor and batman at least had some decent boss fights.

Just feel like they could do something.

Setsuna

Almost as bad as having to own the previous 3 Assassins creed games in order to get Connors outfit in Black Flag

UrbanRats

other counter based games like mordor and batman at least had some decent boss fights.

Just feel like they could do something.

They usually have non-combat related fights, at least, not straight up 1vs1.
They usually have a gimmick or a puzzle to beat the boss.

TheZink

So, this may have been mentioned but does anyone else have their PS4 fan go incredibly loud when browsing the start menu in this game?

Christ, the minute I pause to upgrade Arno it goes insanely loud and fast.
Mine does the same. It's crazy. It gets louder when customizing Arno than any other game I've ever played

webkatt

So I stopped playing this hoping that a few more patches come out and we are able to get a stable 30fps. Normally I would have beat this by now but with the recent games coming out I have no qualms about putting this on the back burner.

Bebpo

Banned
On the last sequence and it's so freaking weird how the main story doesn't even use half the map. I thought maybe Dead Kings would be a story campaign that took place in south Paris, but it's getting its own separate map. Just seems really odd, like they didn't know if the bottom half would be done in time.

woen

On the last sequence and it's so freaking weird how the main story doesn't even use half the map. I thought maybe Dead Kings would be a story campaign that took place in south Paris, but it's getting its own separate map. Just seems really odd, like they didn't know if the bottom half would be done in time.

But the co-op missions and some other sidequests use it, so idk why they didn't use it more

Crossing Eden

Just occurred to me how much Microsoft dropped the ball with the marketing compared to Sony, with Sony there were a ton of commercials, ads all over the place etc, seen none of that for Unity besides the console bundle. :/

Top Bottom