• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Ferr986

I'm the only one having those huge problems in co-op mode?
Playing with my friends from where I live its fine, but with randoms its fucking impossible. HUGE lag, disconnects, character being stuck, mission objectives not advancing...

Paganmoon

Ok, just tested out the patch on PS4 for about 20 minutes, and I don't know if it's all in my head, just assuming new patch = better or if it's a real improvment, but the climbing feels much so smoother, and faster, much more responsive. Can anyone else confirm that they get the same?

Beaulieu

I'm the only one having those huge problems in co-op mode?
Playing with my friends from where I live its fine, but with randoms its fucking impossible. HUGE lag, disconnects, character being stuck, mission objectives not advancing...

I have had the same issues since launch.
Couldnt complete a coop mission without running into those issues.

I have 0 problem with any other online game.
Playing on ps4 btw.

Have anybody unlocked some of the outfits through Initiates? Level 6, 9 and 13?

Still only level 4 for me.

I would be able to unlock them all if Ubisoft would update the gateway properly for the fucking Legacy data. No fucking lie, after they said they updated it they said that it could take up to 4 days for the older games to get synced. Welp.....it's day 5 and it's the same shit.

Zugma

Patch 3 downloaded and installed...

Initiates still hasn't updated to give me xp for progress in legacy titles, and the game still runs like garbage.

Was really hoping there would be noticeable improvements from this patch. Have a bit of extra time this week with the holiday to sink some time into the game, but I guess I'll just hold off till patch 4 and hope for some tangible performance upgrades.

Kssio_Aug

Well ever since AC3 they've been leaning toward a more batman-esque system that still feels like AC. They should really capitalize on the good points of Unity with AC 2015. As in fast and fluid combat that feels looks realistic. Wouldn't even mind an even smaller parry window. http://gfycat.com/UnpleasantJoyfulAnkolewatusi But not too difficult because sometimes I do wanna feel like a trained assassin who gets shit done. http://gfycat.com/ReasonablePowerfulHoatzin I assume they didn't wanna add more "bloat" to the combat while revamping it, back when AC3 came out they had to make tutorial videos because a good amount of the fanbase never realized how many options there were.

Are you playing on PC? Cause thats damn smooth.

Certinty

I have the game installed on my Xbox One but for some reason it is downloading and installing the same game again, is this normal?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Just got my email saying "woops we dun goofed! Dead Kings for free for everyone!!!"

I'll bite. Been a fairly smooth experience for me thus far so this is just kind of icing.

Story was kind of a burn tho. Nothing in that plotline illustrated that Arno was a "Legendary Master Assassin" in any way shape or form...

JJP12

I just tossed poison gas at one of my teammates who had low health so that I could revive him and get the Never Say Die trophy. I'm a terrible human being.

Ledhead

Almost done the game. Playing the last few missions of memory 12. Overall I really liked it. Gameplay elements all felt very solid, and I feel like the side-missions were a lot more enjoyable this time around.

I really like Arno as a character, but the story so far has been hit or miss. Some moments feel like things are really moving along, while at other points I ask myself "where the hell is this going".

Started playing this game today, just finished Sequence 1 and did a murder mystery thing. Was expecting it to be really shit going of what was being said, and also what people had told me but I'm actually quite enjoying it so far. I like the character and the setting so far, looking forward to playing it some more! And to think I probably wouldn't have even bothered with it had the AC Bundle not been the only One bundle left at the shop.

FatalT

Banned
The clothing and weapons for Dead Kings appear in Character Customization now but they're unlocked until the DLC releases. Those Guillotine Guns look AWESOME!

06SOCj9.jpg

Post-patch on PS4:

- framerate at the Cafe Theatre is worse, in fact there's slowdown.
- huge increase in actual pop-in, Dynasty Warriors level now
- fewer costume-change or colour-change pops
+ free-running collision seems to be improved.. but even easier? Could be a subjective experience.
- AC Initiates still not recording my previous games. Some are showing up on Uplay, but some aren't even there.

You want to know what game I want for free with my season pass? Assassin's Creed Unity.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Started playing this game today, just finished Sequence 1 and did a murder mystery thing. Was expecting it to be really shit going of what was being said, and also what people had told me but I'm actually quite enjoying it so far. I like the character and the setting so far, looking forward to playing it some more! And to think I probably wouldn't have even bothered with it had the AC Bundle not been the only One bundle left at the shop.

It's a really good game, one of the best of the series if you ask me. It's just got a lot of bad stuff surrounding it. About half of the negativity comes from people who haven't played the game.

bumpkin

It's a really good game, one of the best of the series if you ask me. It's just got a lot of bad stuff surrounding it. About half of the negativity comes from people who haven't played the game.
I almost didn't bother with Unity after my experience with AC3, but I'm glad I gave the series another chance. Technical hitches aside, Unity is fantastic.

TwIsTeD

Just found an eBay seller who sent me Unity & Black Flag codes for $36 - downloading now so yea I'm happy.

I had Unity installed from a rental as well - back in I go - game is great

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
There's four new outfits available for purchase in the outfits section of the equipment menu.
We'll be able to dress like Napoleon.

Corgi

Banned
never messed with the rifles much. they worth playing around with?

don't know what they offer that pistol + other weapon doesn't.

never messed with the rifles much. they worth playing around with?

don't know what they offer that pistol + other weapon doesn't.

They have longer range for shooting dudes than a pistol, and in combat they count as 'non-lethal' weapons. However, they don't count towards the Trophy for getting 10 non-lethal takedowns in a co-op mission (you have to sneak up behind someone and hold Circle for that), and nothing in the game tracks your lethal/non-lethal takedowns so there's not really much point. The combat animations for rifles are really long, too, so I switched back to a regular sword after a while.

The Blunderbuss you get from one of the Murder Mysteries is really cool, though. When you quickfire it in combat you can take out a few guys with the spread.

playing Rogue after Unity is so damn difficult. I keep trying to parkour up and down...usually end up just jumping off buildings and dying lol

SJRB

Gold Member
Nailed it? Is that supposed to be hard to pull off?

Of course. Previous games don't have a "controlled descent" feature; you'd just keep running forward/up unless you find a haystack or just say "fuck it" and kamikaze jump down to the ground.

Or my favourite: use the crowd is cushins [press R1 and O while at a ledge and Ezio will jump down to street level on top of a civilian, breaking his fall]

Lizardus

It would be hard in past AC games, which don't give you anywhere near this amount of control if you know what you're doing.

Of course. Previous games don't have a "controlled descent" feature; you'd just keep running forward/up unless you find a haystack or just say "fuck it" and kamikaze jump down to the ground.

Or my favourite: use the crowd is cushins [press R1 and O while at a ledge and Ezio will jump down to street level on top of a civilian, breaking his fall]

Yeah I've played all previous games and own Unity. WebM that Crossing Eden posted wasn't anything special. Jumping from roof > rope > pole > top of the fence was perfectly doable in past games.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah I've played all previous games and own Unity. WebM that Crossing Eden posted wasn't anything special. Jumping from roof > rope > pole > top of the fence was perfectly doable in past games.
Maybe doable in AC3/4/R, but less fluid, definitely not doable during the Ezio trilogy. Especially since there was upward ledge that I went underneath instead. Ezio wouldn't figure out what I wanted to do.

Top Bottom