• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity possible leak *potential spoilers*

Gaz_RB

iI48ZRLodhje6.gif

ijPKxCN29rGgG.gif

Obviously the animations are WIP, but graphically it is looking really nice.

MayMay

Banned
more leaked gameplay, get it before it goes down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8AargTroKw

wtf is this? a new mode? looks boring as hell.

Wait, thats the mode the leaker talked about that apparently is related to the level select screen :O So it might be true after all, a challenge mode with different maps and Assassins.. (http://i.imgur.com/MWOkMyw.jpg) "Rifts".

So why did people say that its not true again? Sure, if only the first map is accessible (with Arno) we cant say much - but one can assume that the other ones are the same. Seems alot like the Challenge Maps in Batman, that have different characters etc.

Or maybe the select screen was totally unrelated to the mode after all. Now I'm excited anyways.

MayMay

Banned
Is this final build? Can we judge the final product yet based on these leaked videos?

Hell no, I'd say the build is a few months old even. Probably very unfinished in alot of regards - which doesnt really matter since we dont know what exactly they're testing.

MayMay

Banned
The leaker didn't talk this mode up. It's pretty much as described.

The level in the footage has Knight's Templar shield's scattered around. So perhaps it is related to the 'The Tragedy of Jacques De Molay' profile.

It's mysterious, indeed.

Yup, I think that's exactly it. Didnt even notice the Templar shield's at first.

Maybe this is their replacement for MP, and the studio that was usually working on the MP mode is now responsible for creating those Rifts..

Man, playing Ezio again - even if its just in a small map collecting collectibles on a timer.. Id play the shit out of that lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Don't do this to yourselves GAF. Do not jump to conclusions from a reddit poster who is flat out lying about things. He is simply doing it for more clicks.

I will flat out say again...IT'S NOT TRUE.

Be sad for days....sorry.

Oh how wrong he was. Ridiculous, why would you even add those posts in the OP with zero evidence of this user having any credibility?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Here ima just quote myself from last night cause it seems like some new evidence has come to light that in-fact the leak was real, although not really structured in the exact way some thought.

Why do i feel like there are 20 ubisoft employees in this thread? Gees guys calm down with that damage control....

Way to deny deny deny guys!

Here ima just quote myself from last night cause it seems like some new evidence has come to light that in-fact the leak was real, although not really structured in the exact way some thought.

Way to deny deny deny guys!

Wait what makes you say that? As far as I can tell, they're might be a beta tester but that's it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
because obviously the leaker isn't the only person that has access to the exact beta.

So? everyone who says stuff like this now is automatically credible of having some insider info or what? lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
The challenge maps actually look pretty fun. I can definitely see potential for mixing up the game world environments with that system. If they are challenging enough it could be addicting. The medieval castle looking battlefield seems neat.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Does that mean the leaker was right and we'll be able to play as all those assassins?

We dont know for certain but the majority of what he has revealed has been shown in video already.

I'd be willing to bet if that stuff isnt in at launch it is dlc of some kind.

Does that mean the leaker was right and we'll be able to play as all those assassins?

Maybe not in the main missions, but some sort of challenge maps. The leaker would still be wrong about Arno only getting 2 missions. He made it sound like he meant he'd only have 2 in the main game.

MayMay

Banned

I really hope so.
There doesnt seem to be any combat in the Rifts (challenge maps), so they could probably re-use alot of animations for the different models. Batman has done it, I don't see a reason why AC couldnt have stuff like that. Especially if they get a seperate studio on it. I bet the studio that usually did the MP is now working on this.

Maybe not in the main missions, but some sort of challenge maps. The leaker would still be wrong about Arno only getting 2 missions. He made it sound like he meant he'd only have 2 in the main game.

He probably just meant that they had 2 missions available to play in the Beta.

HardRojo

Maybe this is the kind of freshness the AC series needs to make it interesting for me again. AC3 was such a huge letdown I haven't recovered from it and I'm still halfway through AC4.

ryan299

I wish I was testing this game. VMC said sent me the contract after saying they were.

This looks like a pretty boring coop mode. Hopefully the assassinations in coop are better.

Ramenman

Is this final build? Can we judge the final product yet based on these leaked videos?

Final build ? at the end of August when the game releases in November or something ?

I don't know how much you know about game development (and am not trying to be condescending) but sadly no one ever gets 3 month of bugfix and polish :/

My guess is they're still adding key elements at the moment, and in a hell of a rush until release.

Final build ? at the end of August when the game releases in November or something ?

I don't know how much you know about game development (and am not trying to be condescending) but sadly no one ever gets 3 month of bugfix and polish :/

My guess is they're still adding key elements at the moment, and in a hell of a rush until release.
October, so I imagine the game is going gold fairly soon.

Not that this is in any way a final build.

Top Bottom