• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins's Creed PS4 is now 1080p with AA.

When is shortly after release

I got mine last Friday from best buy

Is that release or was the Target street date of Tuesday release or was today release?

Give me my 180p you sons of bitches

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, I wonder if this has to do with the initial push to hit parity? Perhaps now that other games have demonstrated a resolution difference they feel more comfortable implementing 1080p?

I had heard that they were having issues with the game on Xbox One and were considering dropping both to 900p for parity reasons.

With all these developers working quietly on their launch games I'm sure there was a lot of discussion on how important it was to match the two versions to eliminate any advantage.

RyuHei

Worst technical launch ever? "We couldn't finish on time so you'll have to download the rest" BS. Internet required for the Full-HD experience. Well, I'm glad Ubisoft delayed watch_dog. But if it has the same issue, people may end up killing each other...maybe lol

Phades

notto disu shitto agen. ><;

At least I won't have to worry about it, since I'd only be buying it for the wife ~1-2 years from now and watch it collect dust with the other 3 anyhow. It just sucks that folks who already laid down cash for this, especially in advance of being actually able to play it, have to put up with that kind of crap.

I suppose it could be worse. I mean Ubi could force you to remote log into their servers for authentication day 1 to get the patch and subsequent patches daily/weekly.

Guymelef

COD: 720p without patch, 1080p with it.
AC4: 900p without patch, 1080p and better AA with it.
NFS: non retail copies without ambient occlusion, retail with it.

Vidpixel

Well, I have both Killzone and Battlefield to play in the meantime, but yeah, this is quite the funky situation, indeed.

Hmm, I wonder if this has to do with the initial push to hit parity? Perhaps now that other games have demonstrated a resolution difference they feel more comfortable implementing 1080p?

I had heard that they were having issues with the game on Xbox One and were considering dropping both to 900p for parity reasons.

With all these developers working quietly on their launch games I'm sure there was a lot of discussion on how important it was to match the two versions to eliminate any advantage.

Is it definitely 900p on Xbox One?

That is bullshit. Devs, do not do this.

Oppo

I'm totally ok with this. I mean it's a Day One Patch.

If we had to wait for weeks then that would be less cool but the day the game ships? no issue.

SniperHunter said:
you don't release a resolution at the last minute.
What does this mean? It's clearly a performance boost patch.

otapnam

So... are they going to update the demo units at stores?

Or is this some bs to make the ps4 version look the same as xb1 res to the normal customer at best buy?

Balance anyone?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If they can patch such a quite substantial change shortly after release, they apparently have stretched their development resources. No wonder given that they had to develop the game for two generations of consoles, including two brand-new consoles, and PC. But since they are patching it, the news isn't really bad.

hawk2025

I feel somewhat vindicated :p

My very firdt impressions from booting up the game were "ehh... this doesn't look 1080p, and I see lots of jaggies". And that's with launch goggles in full effect.

Imperceptible my ass.

reddmyst

Ok... maybe I'm reading it wrong, but does that mean when it does get patched to 1080p the framerate will drop below 30?

you don't release a resolution patch at the last minute.

Who says it was last minute? All it means is they began the disc production before the 1080p code was optimized. Do people forget they have to produce physical discs still which will contain whatever release version of the code is available at the time? I mean seriously

Nerix

So the XOne won´t get the 1080p patch?

Sounds like that:
"“The team then used the time between the ship date and the release to focus on a title update that could deliver native 1080p resolution on the PS4.”

Chobel

Jesus fucking Christ! With the deal between Ubisoft and Sony, you would think that they wont' gimp PS4 version intentionally.

Ace001

I really don't understand why people are so annoyed by this. They needed to get it out by launch so there was a deadline out of their control.

They did what they could do with the time they had.

You think ubi were stuffing around like a slack Uni student and then crammed at the last minute? Unlikely... Cut em some slack, you're getting your 1080p!

Racer1977

Way I'm reading it, isn't this a good thing. They went for 900p as a safety first measure, but had extra time to bump it upto 1080p.

Must say, it does make many of the early comparisons, pretty irrelevant though.

COD: 720p without patch, 1080p with it.
AC4: 900p without patch, 1080p and better AA with it.
NFS: non retail copies without ambient occlusion, retail with it.

correction on that last part. Eurogamer just missed that the HDAO was there, because it's subtle, (and it should be). Ghost games provided them with comparisons between HDAO on and no AO at all and they updated the article. PS4 version wasn't missing anything. it had HDAO instead of SSAO.

Tulerian

Hmm. Anyone else beginning to think CoD and this being dropped to same resolution as XB1 was to give the appearance of equality while the media was reviewing and comparing versions?

Can someone think why these companies are sending out incomplete versions for final review, and in controlled circumstances when immediately afterwards there are updates to improve resolution/features?

Top Bottom