• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assault Android Cactus |OT| Do Androids Dream of Bullet Hell? (Multiple platforms)

Running into an issue with Share Play. I've only been able to try with another person in the U.S., but they're getting a region message, that the game isn't available in their region.

I won't be on much longer, but if you see this in the next 15 to 20 mins, add me on PSN. I would like to see if anyone else is receiving the same error. PSN: Randy_M_Green

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Game is so damn good, years ahead of Broforce. I hope "the people" have learned their lesson. Buy this game!

anddo0

This game is pure bliss.. PS Nation got it wrong. I'd pay the full $14 if I didn't already have PS+. It's addicting, there's variety, no annoying bugs. It's the game I thought it would be when I first played the PC demo. Well done, I hope people buy this.

Paz

What is the difference between the PC and PS4 version? Been rather interested since the last PSPlus voting session but it came on PC first yet it seems like everyone on PS4 is playing this (and noticed Wario64 has it on both platforms).

The differences are not all that major but a lot of people feel it's more suited to console, we use the speakers in the DS4 and have improved some enemy attack visuals as well as adding full localization for french/italian/german/spanish/japanese.

Is the game also fun and balance when playing solo? Ill probably buy it

It's primarily balanced around solo play, multi player is optional.

Just tried with another friend in my region. They are also getting an unavailable in your region message. Downloading from the store again.

Paz

Just tried with another friend in my region. They are also getting an unavailable in your region message. Downloading from the store again.

That's concerning, I think shareplay was unavailable before the game had released proper but we did test it on the development environment earlier and it worked fine, it shouldn't be something we can even block from a game side (since nothing is blocked from streaming either).

Let me know how you go, maybe try again tomorrow as well if it's a timing thing. If something is wrong we'll get it fixed asap.

Edit - We've tried shareplay with an EU copy and it worked fine, and I've enlisted some twitter folks help to test the US copy now. They should be identical builds but it's possible something else is broken or it's still not considering them in a 'release' state.

Wario uploaded a S+ Cactus run against Liquorice. Fucking insane stuff. Would love to see these replays for the top 5/10 playable ingame off the leaderboard, would help people work out how to improve their scores a lot.

I reviewed the game and gave it a 10. Amazing game with a ton of polish, especially in terms of the PS4 port.

That moment when you wonder if any of these characters are your main

Then you unlock Peanut

:O

It's as balanced as a peak fighting game. Really impressive on that front.

antitrop

I love that the game lets you know when you fucked up your S+.

Devs know what's up, none of that wasting your time until the end of the round shit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I love that the game lets you know when you fucked up your S+.

Devs know what's up, none of that wasting your time until the end of the round shit.

You can also turn on pro mode so that it auto-restarts when you lose S+ rank (how I played)

Paz

Just an update on Shareplay - It seems to be an issue with PSN thinking the game isn't released yet in the NA regions, I've reached out to Sony to ask if there's something on our end or their end that needs to change. Hopefully it just comes good over the next day.

It should be working fine for EU players though we've tested and confirmed that.

Shizuka

Really liking Starch so far.

pineapple-2.png

Just an update on Shareplay - It seems to be an issue with PSN thinking the game isn't released yet in the NA regions, I've reached out to Sony to ask if there's something on our end or their end that needs to change. Hopefully it just comes good over the next day.

It should be working fine for EU players though we've tested and confirmed that.

OK, good to hear it's not just us. Tried with another couple of people and tried joining a hosted session with the same error.

Is the game also fun and balance when playing solo? Ill probably buy it
Yes. All androids can achieve S+ on all the stages, plus you have EX Options to unlock (like for example First-Person View) for added spice if you want to diversify. Enemy count is appropriately balanced too.

Are those playing it solo enjoying themselves?
Best twinstick shooter I've played in a long-ass time, if not one of the all-time greats. It helps that there's an absolute minimum of luck involved, so being robbed by bullshit only happens once every blue moon unlike something like Geometry Wars. I even went this far:

vcnxdwiuek.png

Never mind that you also earn purple S+ ranks if you beat a stage with all androids, though World / Zone 5 is still the only one I have yet to fully complete:

purple1wwsfq.png
purple2voswf.png

S+ Boss Rush has also been one of my favourite shoot 'em up experiences in years.

antitrop

I bought The Division on my way home from work tonight and I've just been playing this for 4 hours straight.

I'll stop when my hands hurt

EDIT: OH BRUTAL, my first 1 million+ score and I get #2. :(

At least I beat Wario64 (#5)

Was sticking with Holly but just tried out Peanut and I'm loving the drill (seems to recharge quicker too)

FPS mode is insane haha, looks super broken but still very playable, playstyle definitely translates well.

Paz

Spend 3 hours of my life trying to beat the final boss. It better be the final boss because it's an annoying son of a bitch. I'm done for the day... :/

If you're getting the message from your other post then yep that's very much the final moments of the campaign.

Vard

Just wanted to say congrats to Paz on the game's console release. Really cool to see the game's progress over the years in the GAF Indie Dev threads and just how far it's come!

S1kkZ

currently getting my ass kicked by the fourth boss. really enjoying the game so far. still cant believe this runs on unity. this has to be the first unity console game that launches with really solid performance and almost no bugs. really impressive.

Paz

currently getting my ass kicked by the fourth boss. really enjoying the game so far. still cant believe this runs on unity. this has to be the first unity console game that launches with really solid performance and almost no bugs. really impressive.

Stuff like this makes me really happy, the last thing I want people thinking about when they play Cactus is what engine it runs on or being annoyed by performance/glitches.

There are one or two annoying bugs we found after going gold (Character voice volume is doubled when recording via PS4's built in methods because it's capturing the controller voice streams) so I'm pretty sure we'll do an update after GDC to try and further improve things, but it's relieving to know people can enjoy it at launch just for the game it is :)

Is this still getting a vita port? This would win me as a customer.

If you do port it, please try to optimize the loading times a bit, as they're pretty atrocious on many Unity vita ports.

Paz

Is this still getting a vita port? This would win me as a customer.

If you do port it, please try to optimize the loading times a bit, as they're pretty atrocious on many Unity vita ports.

Vita port is planned for later this year along with Wii U, and PS4/Vita are cross buy (Though probably not cross save, but not sure on that yet).

We're too far out to talk about how it'll end up performing but on PS4 we got our load times to about 1-2 seconds in most cases jumping from level to level.

Top Bottom