• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astebreed PS4 |OT| Girls, robots, aliens, explosions, 60fps

astrbreed196uii.png

astrbreed2jxuse.png

You are Roy Becket, a young pilot with dreams of becoming as skilled as his adoptive father. When a galactic war with an ancient mechanical alien race reaches its boiling point, Roy is forced to spring into action and take control of an otherworldly bipedal war machine in hopes of saving what's left of humanity.

Joining Roy is a young girl who claims to have escaped the clutches of the nefarious aliens. Forever altered through horrible experimentation, she now possesses the very abilities humanity will need to push back the doomsday clock.

Together, they must battle an unrelenting army alone and reunite their shattered family.

The End of All Things is in sight. At the edge of eradication stands Astebreed.

Published by Playism Games, developed by Edelweiss

The game was released for PlayStation 4 on March 19th, 2015 in Japan. The official US and Canada releases are being released June 25th, 2015. The PC version was released on May 30th, 2014.

The English game is being released on June 25th!

astrbreed3wfu4c.png

JAPANESE PRICES

2,000 JPY / 16.72 USD / 21.00 CAD / 11.35 GBP / 15.81 EUR

(All prices are rough estimates of what 2,000 GPY costs in the respective dollar at the time of this post)

NA/EU PRICES

19.99 USD / 21.99 CAD / GBP + EURO TBA

astrbreed5swsy0.png

Note: All reviews listed are for the PC release. There are currently no English PS4 reviews.
METACRITIC - 8.6 CRITIC, 7.2 USER
USGAMER - 5/5
[URL="http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2014-10-24-astebreed-la-riscossa-degli-shootem-up-review-recensione"]EUROGAMER.it - 9/10
[/URL]DESTRUCTOID - 9.5

astrbreed42zs7l.png

LINKS

Sorry for the sloppy OT.

Wait, that indie comiket Shmup is getting the High end PS4 Indie treatment?

Couldn't deserve it more. A fantastic game, best shmup since Resogun.

Huh, so PS4 version is better?

Will definitely pick it up again if so.

Gameplay's been fine tweaked, and there's a few graphical improvements.

Wait, that indie comiket Shmup is getting the High end PS4 Indie treatment?

Couldn't deserve it more. A fantastic game, best shmup since Resogun.

First of 3 from Playism. Revolver 360 and TorqueL (though that's not a shmup) are next!

Hugstable

Banned
Great screens man. Yeah, the game is 1080p/60fps on PS4

I hope they release this on NA PSN soon! Will definitely pick it up again, Astebreed is just great and the perfect short and sweet arcade experience. The backgrounds of the final level are the most insane, almost posted a pic of it, but I can't go spoiling that damn place, it's just too good.

Looks damn good :O

Plays even better IMO, but this shit is pure eye candy too

I hope they release this on NA PSN soon! Will definitely pick it up again, Astebreed is just great and the perfect short and sweet arcade experience. The backgrounds of the final level are the most insane, almost posted a pic of it, but I can't go spoiling that damn place, it's just too good.

I paid ~10 CAD for it on PC, I would have paid $30. Absolutely great.

Producer

this game is really solid. Hope alot of people pick up the PS4 version especially since they are putting work onto it and not just a straight port.

I haven't been too keen on this genre of games except for Einhander, Under Defeat, and Resogun. Astebreed looks rad though - especially with the melee attacks. For the low price of 20 bucks - I'll definitely be playin this. Seeya when it releases in 2 weeks.

RMI

Banned
first time i've seen this. it looks awesome. guess I know what I'm spending some extra PSN credit on.

Top Bottom