• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astebreed PS4 |OT| Girls, robots, aliens, explosions, 60fps

thundr51

Great game! I bought the PC version last Christmas and finished multiple times so far... Installed on my surface pro 3. Anybody know where I can get a change list from PC version? Would double dip, but, that backlog...

Evilmaus

Fantastic game. Short lived, but very good at what it does. Had a great time with it on PC, and I'd fully urge PS4 owners to give it a go.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That's usually an issue of untranslated store pages and Sony is weird about that. We have a Playism guy posting on GAF, so maybe he can tell us more about that.

Yeah, Sony has strict language restrictions in certain countries. We're looking into getting the missing regions added as soon as possible.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
2D-plane only? I once saw a GAF member say it was like starfox but crazier.

The camera is constantly shifting, so in a single level you go from vertical shmup to horizontal to Panzer Dragoon.

nikos

Game looks great. Definitely going to pick it up sooner or later. Tempted to pick it up tonight but I bought so many games recently.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Picked it up!

I fully support more doujin games on PSN.

Please bring EasyGameStation games to PSN plz.

Goddamn this game is beautiful. Vsync and 60fps.

It's a bit easy though. Once I got home and put it on the lagless ASUS, I was able to get to the final boss without dying in arranged mode.

I recommend playing the game in original mode first. It will help you appreciate the additions to arranged. Arranged is a bit broken too. Mapping all of the attacks to their own buttons and giving you control over the lock on field removes a lot of challenge from the later levels.

Alright, we got Astebreed. Now where's Croixleur Sigma!? And for Christ sake, someone get a western pub to pick up Assault Suit Leynos.

Wonko_C

Will the PS4 extras be added to the PC later or they are Sony exclusive?

(I hope this doesn't come off as port begging)

thetrin

I have it on Steam but I'll get it day 1 as well if it's not too pricey and supports cross-buy PS4/Vita. Thanks for bringing japanese indies over :)

To be honest, the PS4 version of CS has enough added to it to make it worth it, even if you already played it on Steam!

Rymuth

To be honest, the PS4 version of CS has enough added to it to make it worth it, even if you already played it on Steam!
And while you're here, please know that I'm really looking forward to Mitsurugi Hikae. Any update on the release date?

Once again, thanks for all the good work.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This is probably one of the best looking doujin games out there. And made by a very small team too.

thetrin

And while you're here, please know that I'm really looking forward to Mitsurugi Hikae. Any update on the release date?

Once again, thanks for all the good work.

Nothing we can talk about right now, but it IS coming. :)

Never heard of this game before.

Should I get it on PC or PS4 ?

The PS4 version has everything the PC version has plus:
- Improved models, textures, & lighting
- New cutscenes to fill in story
- A new arrange mode
- Additional control functions
- An expanded in-game glossary/encyclopedia with in-game lore, enemy/weapon information, and more in-depth info on characters.

Imo, the PC version is a fantastic version of the game, but the PS4 is the PC version + more.

myco666

This (topic) caught my eye the other day, unfortunately

No wonder I didn't find this in the store. I don't understand why they have these restrictions at all since the store is in english anyway atleast here in Finland.

Yeah, Sony has strict language restrictions in certain countries. We're looking into getting the missing regions added as soon as possible.

Hopefully you get it to the store soon. Really interested in this game.

IbukiLordSA

Bought the game last night on PSN, absolutely amazing and just awesome to get to play another shmup type game on PS4. Really enjoyed it, finished it in one sitting and can't wait to go back and improve on my score and hit up hard mode. That final boss is certainly a rage inducing monster, wanted to punch my screen at one point :)

Game runs really well, controls are simple to get into especially since they are easily customized and it's just overall a great quality product, highly recommend this game.

zB46euT.jpg

Kwe66q8.jpg

cnbZJtD.jpg

people

No wonder I didn't find this in the store. I don't understand why they have these restrictions at all since the store is in english anyway atleast here in Finland.

Hopefully you get it to the store soon. Really interested in this game.
I noticed the game is now available in my Store (Netherlands), maybe it's been added to yours too.
Thanks PLAYISM and nice job on the translation! - if that was the reason for delay. Makes me wonder how NISA gets away with some of their (ridiculous) Google-cut-and-paste translations.

myco666

I noticed the game is now available in my Store (Netherlands), maybe it's been added to yours too.
Thanks PLAYISM and nice job on the translation! - if that was the reason for delay. Makes me wonder how NISA gets away with some of their (ridiculous) Google-cut-and-paste translations.

Checked just now and it appears to be on the store now. Bought it immediately haha. Thanks for whoever is responsible for getting it to the store!

I think Sony just cares about there being any translation at all. They don't do quality checks. I'm pretty sure they don't even check if it's the right language as there are games on the German store which have Dutch and even Polish descriptions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thetrin

Are they gonna add the PS4 modifications/bonus to the PC version in the near future?

Edelweiss is busy working on their next game, so it's unlikely, unfortunately.

Thanks for the kind words. We really believe in what we do. If you guys ever have any issues with our games, you're welcome to contact me on Twitter, or even by PM on GAF. We do read what fans say about what we put out.

myco666

Managed to finish this game yesterday. Super great game although it is super short. Luckily there is lot of replayability here. Story was little hard to follow though since it is really hard to read subtitles while shooting and slicing things.

Top Bottom