• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astebreed PS4 |OT| Girls, robots, aliens, explosions, 60fps

I'll be looking to pick one up this week. Don't need anything special. Just want something affordable that works and won't break easily.

Just finished a Hard run. Such a fun game to learn.
1CC?

I'm still working on the final boss's patterns. Big difficulty spike there. I'm sure I could work things out if I would just stop rotating games and take the time to practice.

For a stick, you may want to check out the HRAP 4 Kai. It's only $150 and it's regularly available through major retailers like Amazon and GameStop. It has worked well for me with Jamestown, Metal Slug 3, and Astebreed. The stick can be modded if you wish, but it is pretty capable in stock form.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Managed to finish this game yesterday. Super great game although it is super short. Luckily there is lot of replayability here. Story was little hard to follow though since it is really hard to read subtitles while shooting and slicing things.

One of my greatest regrets. I worked really hard on that script, and most people will never read it. LOL

1CC?

I'm still working on the final boss's patterns. Big difficulty spike there. I'm sure I could work things out if I would just stop rotating games and take the time to practice.

For a stick, you may want to check out the HRAP 4 Kai. It's only $150 and it's regularly available through major retailers like Amazon and GameStop. It has worked well for me with Jamestown, Metal Slug 3, and Astebreed. The stick can be modded if you wish, but it is pretty capable in stock form.

Up until the final boss lol. Took me a few tries. I've learned exactly what I need to do on each phase. Just need to play that boss over and over to make sure I can execute on it better.

I'll look into that stick. People talk very positively about Hori. I'll see what stores around here have before ordering anything.

Mandelbo

Out of interest, is the demo for this still available? I've looked on both the US and UK stores and I can't find it. There was a demo, right? I'm not just misremembering?

ArjanN

Random purchase just now on PSN. Having fun so far. How necessary is it to use the sword?

Depends on how you want to play mostly IMO, I recommend going through all the tutorials if you haven't already, since there's several mechanics you probably won't realize exist if you just jump right into the game.

Top Bottom