• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astral Chain is getting review bombed on metacritic due to it's Switch exclusivity

Well, I am sure that there are some who are both by this. They may also think games like MK11, ME: Andromeda, BFV getting review bombed by users to be funny. Cuts both ways.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I guess we have a slightly different idea of the genre, and to be fair I wasn’t really specific. I don’t really view DMC in the same class with MGS or Horizon. DMC or Ninja Gaiden, or even the original God of War are the more specific kind of hack/slash other weapons but the focus was on stylish combat for points and goofy storylines generally lol. But they’re not the standard over the shoulder third person which I like but like the other style as well.

And I do think that specific genre has lost popularity as they aren’t as approachable and can be difficult. Something like DMC has enough long term fans to sell some copies but a new IP in that style, particularly one with this level of production value is very encouraging to me, because it’s a tough sell. When I bought Astral Chain at Best Buy there were a lot of copies on the shelf.

ohhhh ok, I had a feeling you mean't something pretty specific as we get lots of 3rd person action titles still. hack and slash and stylish combat in some respect can be subjective when you say "stylish", but we still got DMC5, Sekiro is a new IP completely, Nier etc so I'd say the same devs that liked that style back then still have releases with that so I'm not sure I can say we lack in it and as limited as that even was during PS2 with the likes of Ninja Gaiden, DMC, Onimusha, we got their replacements with Sekiro, Nier and this game on top of still getting DMC series so I think its about the same or you might be asking for something maybe waaaaay too specific. I don't know If I can even say something that specific like "goofy storylines" could even be seen as a genre pillar in 3rd person action, as in I don't know if any developer was legit putting that in the game with some correlation to 3rd person action titles to really say that exact mixture was something that was a known thing for something. We still got games with strange storylines, exactly 3rd person hack and slash that are stylish and not standard over the shoulder? Now I just don't know if that combination even with PS2 was some known thing for anyone to suggest it was a genre in and of itself or anything.

If anything, how many games during the PS2 gen even fit exactly what you are talking about?

goldenpp72

? Sega also bought Atlus and Relic at that time too... So...they had the money. The point is simply that not all publishers are likely open to working with them like Nintendo. Sega and MS might run a very tight ship as to why they were willing to cancel games or not continue funding or something like that. With Nintendo, they've had many great titles and some misses, but good enough for Nintendo to be ok with the risk. Nothing is wrong with that, but the point is simply that such a thing clearly could't be the case for all that partnered with the team. So I still like the team, but I feel where there is smoke, there is fire. I still believe they need to slow down on those contracts and if they are as amazing as the are with this game or Nier etc, who knows how much more amazing they can be actually JUST focusing on 2 or 3 projects vs 7 or 8.

So something made Sega say they are not going to fund that team anymore and pass it on to Nintendo as clearly Sega wanted the IP to continue, they simply didn't want to publish, fund etc So its not like they don't want the money or don't want the IP or anything like that....leaves it to the team

Atlus parent company was in the process of filing for bankruptcy at the time if i'm not mistaken. Platinum in its inception was making fairly high concept/budget titles like Bayonetta and Vanquish, which was Sega's style at the time hence stuff like Sonic Unleashed and Generations having such great visual/music work compared to what it gets now. Sega basically goes for mid tier, easy, low effort, or in other words, safer money these days. They're not in the market for AAA development almost at all now, and yes that includes Yakuza.

The point isn't lost that Platinum is not exactly the most marketable company because their passions are almost entirely within weird, energetic and hardcore experiences. They're a great portfolio builder but not a great mass money maker by any means, that doesn't mean they lack value or aren't profitable, just that it takes a proper partnership to make that value matter.

My understanding with Scalebound was that Microsoft interfered quite a bit with its development to try and shape it to what they wanted it to be, mixed with Platinum being perhaps a bit too ambitious, it caused the project to become a mess of nothing worthwhile, but when Platinum is left on their own and given a reasonable budget, their properties hit almost every time. You'd be hard pressed to find a more consistent dev that works at the speed and quality they do. If I'm not mistaken Platinum games has around the same employee count as Rare. If you were to look at each companies original output for the last decade, you would be left with the following:

Platinum Games

MadWorld (81 Metacritic)
Bayonetta (90 Metacritic)
Vanquish (84 Metacritic)
Anarchy Reigns (73 Metacritic)
Metal Gear Rising (82 Metacritic)
The Wonderful 101 (78 Metacritic)
Bayonetta 2 (91 Metacritic)
Legend of Korra (54 Metacritic, also a 15 dollar game)
Transformers Devastation (77 Metacritic)
Star Fox Zero (69 Metacritic)
TMNT (44 Metacritic)
Nier: Automata (88 Metacritic)
Astral Chain (88 Metacritic)

Rareware

Kinect Sports (73 Metacritic)
Kinect Sports Season 2 (66 Metacritic)
Kinect Sports Rivals (60 Metacritic)
Sea of Thieves (69 Metacritic)

Kind of eye opening when you see the content difference between 2 similarly sized companies. Now, I do believe as time went on Platinum began to use some extra contracting support on some games, but obviously that kind of applies to every studio these days. You won't find many studios the size of Platinum that can work as fast, as well and consistent as they can. Even on shoestring budgets they pulled off one or two miracles with admittedly a few duds along the way. I don't deny Platinum is a hard sell financially at times, but I heavily doubt they have anything but a great reputation in terms of efficiency, quality and speed when compared to any other development team.

Last edited:

EDMIX

their passions are almost entirely within weird, energetic and hardcore experiences. They're a great portfolio builder but not a great mass money maker by any means, that doesn't mean they lack value or aren't profitable

Thats nice, but no one is debating that.

The point isn't lost that Platinum is not exactly the most marketable company

Well yes, as to why I'm saying its clear Sega didn't see a reason to keep funding their titles, if they had money for Atlus and Relic, they had money for Bayonetta 2, 3 etc. They choose not to fund or publisher those titles, yet spend money else where, which simply makes me question what did Sega, MS and CyGames see with this team that made them either cancel a title, remove them from a project, or deny funding or publishing an IP.

My understanding with Scalebound was that Microsoft interfered quite a bit with its development

Trust me bud, I'm not a fan of MS even remotely and even I have to consider it might have really been Platinum games at fault if you consider Sega no longer funding their projects and then Cygames removing them from a project, tells me running crap like 8 games at a time is causing something to happen at that team and MAYBE its not MS but Platinum games themselves. Consider MS went on to buy many and teams and support single player titles, so even the excuse that MS hates single player just doesn't fit . So the issue is pretty simple, you can argue some of this stuff some times, you can't with every damn situation. Thats when I had to just call it a day and realize something is up with this team.

You'd be hard pressed to find a more consistent dev that works at the speed and quality they do

From Bayonetta to Star Fox Zero to Nier to Transformers....this team is all over the place with hit or miss. "a great reputation" Stop bud, cancelled games and being removed from projects and being part of the worst selling Star Fox in history and the Transformers games isn't "a great reputation". So I like the team, but enough to be honest about what they need to work on as suppose to pretending nothing is wrong with the team. I don't get this whole thing of making excuses for them. I've noticed the majority are running with this "its everyone elses fault" instead of actually factoring in that they are working on like 7 titles at once. Something is going to miss the mark with so many projects. I think that is simply the most logical thing vs

"Nintendo is the reason why Star Fox Zero sucks, day sUckZ as the publisher bro" - them

"Isn't Astral Chain good though and thats by Nintendo funded and published?" - logic

(Exits chat) - them

MagnesG

Banned
Thats nice, but no one is debating that.

Well yes, as to why I'm saying its clear Sega didn't see a reason to keep funding their titles, if they had money for Atlus and Relic, they had money for Bayonetta 2, 3 etc. They choose not to fund or publisher those titles, yet spend money else where, which simply makes me question what did Sega, MS and CyGames see with this team that made them either cancel a title, remove them from a project, or deny funding or publishing an IP.

Trust me bud, I'm not a fan of MS even remotely and even I have to consider it might have really been Platinum games at fault if you consider Sega no longer funding their projects and then Cygames removing them from a project, tells me running crap like 8 games at a time is causing something to happen at that team and MAYBE its not MS but Platinum games themselves. Consider MS went on to buy many and teams and support single player titles, so even the excuse that MS hates single player just doesn't fit . So the issue is pretty simple, you can argue some of this stuff some times, you can't with every damn situation. Thats when I had to just call it a day and realize something is up with this team.

From Bayonetta to Star Fox Zero to Nier to Transformers....this team is all over the place with hit or miss. "a great reputation" Stop bud, cancelled games and being removed from projects and being part of the worst selling Star Fox in history and the Transformers games isn't "a great reputation". So I like the team, but enough to be honest about what they need to work on as suppose to pretending nothing is wrong with the team. I don't get this whole thing of making excuses for them. I've noticed the majority are running with this "its everyone elses fault" instead of actually factoring in that they are working on like 7 titles at once. Something is going to miss the mark with so many projects. I think that is simply the most logical thing vs

"Nintendo is the reason why Star Fox Zero sucks, day sUckZ as the publisher bro" - them

"Isn't Astral Chain good though and thats by Nintendo funded and published?" - logic

(Exits chat) - them
What are these 7-8 titles that you mention? Had they really showed that in an official capacity with all of them being worked on full force?

Also, I thought for CyGames they only helped designing gameplay/combat system plus nurturing the new team?

EDMIX

What are these 7-8 titles that you mention? Had they really showed that in an official capacity with all of them being worked on full force?

Also, I thought for CyGames they only helped designing gameplay/combat system plus nurturing the new team?

Thats 4 titles

Add in that THIS is what they started before Nier

Thats 5, working on Nier would make it 6, add in their work on Transformers and Ninja Turtles during that exact time and you have a recipe for some hit or miss. (Not even adding in a mobile game and the work they just did on Granblue and we can see how that might hurt quality of other titles)

https://ag.hyperxgaming.com/article/7486/platinumgames-working-on-three-unannounced-games

I wouldn't have a issue with it if those other titles didn't suffer in quality.

highrider

Banned
ohhhh ok, I had a feeling you mean't something pretty specific as we get lots of 3rd person action titles still. hack and slash and stylish combat in some respect can be subjective when you say "stylish", but we still got DMC5, Sekiro is a new IP completely, Nier etc so I'd say the same devs that liked that style back then still have releases with that so I'm not sure I can say we lack in it and as limited as that even was during PS2 with the likes of Ninja Gaiden, DMC, Onimusha, we got their replacements with Sekiro, Nier and this game on top of still getting DMC series so I think its about the same or you might be asking for something maybe waaaaay too specific. I don't know If I can even say something that specific like "goofy storylines" could even be seen as a genre pillar in 3rd person action, as in I don't know if any developer was legit putting that in the game with some correlation to 3rd person action titles to really say that exact mixture was something that was a known thing for something. We still got games with strange storylines, exactly 3rd person hack and slash that are stylish and not standard over the shoulder? Now I just don't know if that combination even with PS2 was some known thing for anyone to suggest it was a genre in and of itself or anything.

If anything, how many games during the PS2 gen even fit exactly what you are talking about?

It probably isn’t a genre to itself, but it should be! To me it’s pretty specific, and I haven’t played the new DMC or Nier but I felt like in the PS2 era there was a much bigger push on these types of games. Action, scored levels, loot and power up boxes, stylish and theatrical devices used in combat, over the top characters.

MagnesG

Banned

Thats 4 titles

Add in that THIS is what they started before Nier

Thats 5, working on Nier would make it 6, add in their work on Transformers and Ninja Turtles during that exact time and you have a recipe for some hit or miss. (Not even adding in a mobile game and the work they just did on Granblue and we can see how that might hurt quality of other titles)

https://ag.hyperxgaming.com/article/7486/platinumgames-working-on-three-unannounced-games

I wouldn't have a issue with it if those other titles didn't suffer in quality.
This is not what is seems like, now you just grouped them together without a proper timeline lol.

They obviously didn't worked on all of them at full force at the same time. Duh. Parts of them are may be in concept stages with almost next to nothing of workforce required if they need to. I could also make all kinds of speculations with regards to the licensed games (deadlines, lower budgets, expectations) but I'm not gonna bother.

It's good then that they are more prone on doing their own works now rather than being caged in contracts. But I guess there's still smoke somewhere.

Unrelated, but what about CyGames? Do you have some extra info regarding that? To me it's more like they are refusing to work full time on Relink past their contract work, especially with their "short sighted" decision to developed 7-8 titles at the same time, like you said.

EDMIX

It probably isn’t a genre to itself, but it should be! To me it’s pretty specific, and I haven’t played the new DMC or Nier but I felt like in the PS2 era there was a much bigger push on these types of games. Action, scored levels, loot and power up boxes, stylish and theatrical devices used in combat, over the top characters.

Oh you should 100% play the new DMC, its all the things you listed, its very much over the top in action and characters. Nier is a gem, the uncrowned GOTY 2017 imho.

MagnesG MagnesG "They obviously didn't worked on all of them at full force" never said they did, the timeline is sound bud, going forward what we know from Platinum Games themselves, is they clearly started working on some of those titles before others, which means indeed it was being worked on and other titles that came out last year didn't just appear out of thin air, anything released in 2017, was worked on in 2016, anything released in 2016 was worked on in 2015 and so on. So...they are not just making a game in 2 months bud, stop goal post moving, they had those projects being worked on at once and some hit, some missed. The point I'm making it simply that those large number of projects being worked on at once, might be the cause of that hit or miss vs everyone is to blame but the team that actually makes the games "theory" folks got going on.

I mean...my god man, look at the 2019 line up

THEY JUST ADMITTED THE ARE WORKING ON 3 titles unannounced, 2 of which new IPs owned by them. Their own words are "working" as in they are currently doing it. So I don't know how you release a game in 2019, not working on it in 2019.....

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Oh you should 100% play the new DMC, its all the things you listed, its very much over the top in action and characters. Nier is a gem, the uncrowned GOTY 2017 imho.

Yeah I actually don’t have a console other than my Switch, my son is going to loan me his PS4 to play DMC. I’m a big fan of the series. I’m definitely getting a PS or Xbox at some point but probably wait until new consoles come out. I think just gaming on the Switch has been a nice change for me so I haven’t really desired more to play yet lol

EDMIX

Yeah I actually don’t have a console other than my Switch, my son is going to loan me his PS4 to play DMC. I’m a big fan of the series. I’m definitely getting a PS or Xbox at some point but probably wait until new consoles come out. I think just gaming on the Switch has been a nice change for me so I haven’t really desired more to play yet lol

You correct to wait. Its too late to jump on PS4 and I'd just wait for PS5 since its BC for those other titles like Sekiro, Nier and all that other hack and slash goodness.

MagnesG

Banned

MagnesG MagnesG "They obviously didn't worked on all of them at full force" never said they did, the timeline is sound bud, going forward what we know from Platinum Games themselves, is they clearly started working on some of those titles before others, which means indeed it was being worked on and other titles that came out last year didn't just appear out of thin air, anything released in 2017, was worked on in 2016, anything released in 2016 was worked on in 2015 and so on. So...they are not just making a game in 2 months bud, stop goal post moving, they had those projects being worked on at once and some hit, some missed. The point I'm making it simply that those large number of projects being worked on at once, might be the cause of that hit or miss vs everyone is to blame but the team that actually makes the games "theory" folks got going on.

I mean...my god man, look at the 2019 line up

THEY JUST ADMITTED THE ARE WORKING ON 3 titles unannounced, 2 of which new IPs owned by them. Their own words are "working" as in they are currently doing it. So I don't know how you release a game in 2019, not working on it in 2019.....
Never said they are working only in 2 months. :messenger_weary: That's you moving on goalposts not me. I'll just hold off the about the timeline cause that will only contribute to technical bullshit.

Like I said, so they admitted they worked on many titles at the same time, is there at any point that I'm refuting the statement? I'm just not sure the only conclusion should be these two game (Tmnt and Transformer) gone bad because of that.

Developers could work on the concept stages for years without moving forward. See FFXV for example, they only started the development full force for only 4 years before launch, unlike the so called 10 years development.

Maybe the two new IPs that they teased on are also still in concept stages for all we know. Astral Chain and Nier Auto had been released - low maintenance support team, so there's only one potentially AAA title (Babylon's Fall) and one midsize AA title (Bayo 3) being worked on full force. Two new IPs are on the concept oven, they don't need a full team each to focus on it.

So this doesn't seem like such a dire situation, that's my point from the start, which I think you're deflecting to exaggerate your stance of "hit or miss Platinum". Seems like a bad generalization to me.

EDMIX

Never said they are working only in 2 months. :messenger_weary: That's you moving on goalposts not me. I'll just hold off the about the timeline cause that will only contribute to technical bullshit.

Like I said, so they admitted they worked on many titles at the same time, is there at any point that I'm refuting the statement? I'm just not sure the only conclusion should be these two game (Tmnt and Transformer) gone bad because of that.

Developers could work on the concept stages for years without moving forward. See FFXV for example, they only started the development full force for only 4 years before launch, unlike the so called 10 years development.

Maybe the two new IPs that they teased on are also still in concept stages for all we know. Astral Chain and Nier Auto had been released - low maintenance support team, so there's only one potentially AAA title (Babylon's Fall) and one midsize AA title (Bayo 3) being worked on full force. Two new IPs are on the concept oven, they don't need a full team each to focus on it.

So this doesn't seem like such a dire situation, that's my point from the start, which I think you're deflecting to exaggerate your stance of "hit or miss Platinum". Seems like a bad generalization to me.

" I think you're deflecting to exaggerate " My friend, you just jump thru a whole bunch of what ifs and "maybes" to ignore the number of games this team is working on.

First you question if its true, then you start goal posting that maybe it doesn't matter? Soooooo I don't think in 2019 this team needs to have hands on like 8 games. That...that might be why they had several games fail and one get cancelled. That makes a lot more sense then everyone is at fault but the team making the game. Star Fox Zero isn't an exaggeration fail bud, its literally the worst selling Star Fox Game in history......

Last edited:

EDMIX

Honestly, Platinum Games haven't disappoint me when it comes to making original IP, so with Astral Chain I knew they would deliver regardless what review it got.

As far as I can see, they hit on those titles and miss on some they don't own other then Nier. I just don't care for them working on like 8 or more projects all at once, I'd rather they just worked on their own titles like that vs all those other contracts. I get this game and Nier are great titles, but clearly this team can be even more great focused on JUST their own originals vs 8 projects some of which other folks licenses, IP etc.

MagnesG

Banned
" I think you're deflecting to exaggerate " My friend, you just jump thru a whole bunch of what ifs and "maybes" to ignore the number of games this team is working on.

First you question if its true, then you start goal posting that maybe it doesn't matter? Soooooo I don't think in 2019 this team needs to have hands on like 8 games. That...that might be why they had several games fail and one get cancelled. That makes a lot more sense then everyone is at fault but the team making the game. Star Fox Zero isn't an exaggeration fail bud, its literally the worst selling Star Fox Game in history......
Wow, can't you just sit back and read what my whole point is? Maybe digest a bit what I had typed in? Waste of my time if that's the case.

Is there at any point I want to stress about the number of games the team is working on? I just said it doesn't matter FROM THE START cause the workload could be balanced out.

I question because I didn't know. I read the whole page of your link to get my knowledge then I ask back, is it really the case here? I thought that it's not such a bad management thing to me.

Star Fox Zero is also being worked on with Miyamoto tightly reining the game. Ironically people had also said Miyamoto had lost it's touch now (I like the game still, it's just bombed with no need for speculations on both). Like I said, you do whole lot of exaggeration to force your narrative, your speculation. You generalize a lot then deflect all the conflicted facts.

I like your debate but this getting tiring.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As far as I can see, they hit on those titles and miss on some they don't own other then Nier. I just don't care for them working on like 8 or more projects all at once, I'd rather they just worked on their own titles like that vs all those other contracts. I get this game and Nier are great titles, but clearly this team can be even more great focused on JUST their own originals vs 8 projects some of which other folks licenses, IP etc.

If I remember correctly, some of the young members from PG were big fan original NieR so they wanted to worked on the next one, I believe that was passion project and they had great director like Yoko Taro. Games like Legend of Korra and TMNT are nothing more than just next paycheck project , there was no passion behind those games, heck I don't think there was even Devblog for those games like they had with their other works.

EDMIX

Wow, can't you just sit back and read what my whole point is? Maybe digest a bit what I had typed in? Waste of my time if that's the case.

Is there at any point I want to stress about the number of games the team is working on? I just said it doesn't matter FROM THE START cause the workload could be balanced out.

I question because I didn't know. I read the whole page of your link to get my knowledge then I ask back, is it really the case here? I thought that it's not such a bad management thing to me.

Star Fox Zero is also being worked on with Miyamoto tightly reining the game. Ironically people had also said Miyamoto had lost it's touch now (I like the game still, it's just bombed with no need for speculations on both). Like I said, you do whole lot of exaggeration to force your narrative, your speculation. You generalize a lot then deflect all the conflicted facts.

I like your debate but this getting tiring.

Star Fox Zero is 1 title, you'd need to explain Transformers and Ninja Turtles and Korra on top of Scalebound being cancelled. Its why its not just a 1 word answer and fix, you have to explain soooooo much, that YOU are the one then jumps thru hoops of "what ifs" and "maybes" and all sorts of speculation. Consider, its Nintendo fault with Star Fox Zero, but hey its not their fault when Astral Chain is good? Ohhhhh soooooo Nintendo is only at fault if the game is bad?

My point is a fact. They are working on at any given point of 2019, 8 titles and if this is what they are doing, it might have to do with the recent failures, cancellations etc. Makes more sense then Nintendo is the reason why their game is bad and Nintendo is the reason why their game is good on 2 different titles.... Its this desperation to argue a point that puts them in a positive light. Praise the team for when they do good, be honest about when they do bad bud. I'm a fan of the team, that doesn't mean I'm going to start lying for them or something. So Hit or miss to me is a game that legit might as well be 2017 GOTY with Nier, Astral Chain where some of you are saying its your GOTY, Bayonetta 2 out here getting many, many perfect scores.....vs easily the worst Star Fox game ever made and worst selling and stuff like The Legend Of Korra...a game so damn bad, it got many 4 out of 10s and 3 out of 10s...THE SAME YEAR BAYONETTA 2 released....

How many teams in gaming have you ever seen in 1 year release a game that got many 10s and then a game that got many 3 and 4s? If that isn't hit or miss, bud you need to tell me what you define that as.

Danjin44 Danjin44 keep in mind, I've read that as well, but the point still stands. They made those game, its clearly not near what Bayonetta 2 is and the why is irrelevant. It happened and its why I'm saying they are hit or miss vs "why" they are hit or miss. "there was no passion behind those games" All the more reason for them to be 100% just working on their own stuff vs 8 contracts deep

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Star Fox Zero is 1 title, you'd need to explain Transformers and Ninja Turtles and Korra on top of Scalebound being cancelled. Its why its not just a 1 word answer and fix, you have to explain soooooo much, that YOU are the one then jumps thru hoops of "what ifs" and "maybes" and all sorts of speculation. Consider, its Nintendo fault with Star Fox Zero, but hey its not their fault when Astral Chain is good? Ohhhhh soooooo Nintendo is only at fault if the game is bad?

My point is a fact. They are working on at any given point of 2019, 8 titles and if this is what they are doing, it might have to do with the recent failures, cancellations etc. Makes more sense then Nintendo is the reason why their game is bad and Nintendo is the reason why their game is good on 2 different titles.... Its this desperation to argue a point that puts them in a positive light. Praise the team for when they do good, be honest about when they do bad bud. I'm a fan of the team, that doesn't mean I'm going to start lying for them or something. So Hit or miss to me is a game that legit might as well be 2017 GOTY with Nier, Astral Chain where some of you are saying its your GOTY, Bayonetta 2 out here getting many, many perfect scores.....vs easily the worst Star Fox game ever made and worst selling and stuff like The Legend Of Korra...a game so damn bad, it got many 4 out of 10s and 3 out of 10s...THE SAME YEAR BAYONETTA 2 released....

How many teams in gaming have you ever seen in 1 year release a game that got many 10s and then a game that got many 3 and 4s? If that isn't hit or miss, bud you need to tell me what you define that as.

You don't seem to even read my posts from before. Sorry, I'm not gonna bother replying big.

I heard Korra, TMNT minus Transformer got a pretty strict deadlines with tight budgets, don't remember where though, maybe from my ass. There's also such a big disparity in bugs between these titles and their successful ones, barring Nier PC denuvo ports.

EDMIX

You don't seem to even read my posts from before. Sorry, I'm not gonna bother replying big.

I heard Korra, TMNT minus Transformer got a pretty strict deadlines with tight budgets, don't remember where though, maybe from my ass. There's also such a big disparity in bugs between these titles and their successful ones, barring Nier PC denuvo ports.

"There's also such a big disparity in bugs between these titles" yes and disparity in sales ,review scores....its almost as if those where misses and.....stuff like Astral Chain, Nier and Bayonetta are.....whats the name for a successful titles? Hit? hmmmm

I'm not debating the "why" it happened. My point is simply that it did and clearly the quality of those titles vary ie "hit or miss". You can't bash those games and then debate with me whats being stated as you are proving the point being made. Yes...those games are trash, maybe because of deadlines, budgets, who knows....but it happened and those are misses.

For a fact they worked on 8 if not more titles in 2019 based on their own comments, those games being bad could be lots of things, you are right it is speculation, could be budget, could be deadline, could be the damn team working on 8 GAMES AT ONCE! The second someone makes a comment that reflect poorly on the team, OH NOPE ,can't be that, could NEVER be that, could be anything under the sun but that.

Publishers, budgets, deadlines, The President, gamma rays

(Maybe working on 8 games at once)

WOOOOOW nope, here is 10 reasons why them working on 8 games could have NEVER caused any issues at any time in which they could be at fault.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
"There's also such a big disparity in bugs between these titles" yes and disparity in sales ,review scores....its almost as if those where misses and.....stuff like Astral Chain, Nier and Bayonetta are.....whats the name for a successful titles? Hit? hmmmm

I'm not debating the "why" it happened. My point is simply that it did and clearly the quality of those titles vary ie "hit or miss". You can't bash those games and then debate with me whats being stated as you are proving the point being made. Yes...those games are trash, maybe because of deadlines, budgets, who knows....but it happened and those are misses
Okay. Hit or miss Platinum. Got it.

EDMIX

@ EDMIX EDMIX : I would start worry about PlatinumGames when their original IP start losing quality and thankfully so far that hasn't happen yet.

Thats when its time to bring her out
Candy+Finnigan+E+Cox+Foundation+Recovery+Host+fuuu_8n3nu5l.jpg

Be like "think of your children Platinum G, little Astral Chain, Wonderful 101....how is he going to get a sequel if you dead?"

Platinum Games.....

ROCKYLOCKRIDGE.jpg

All lolz aside, if their own stuff starts to slip outside of those licensed games, it would be time for folks to seriously look at this.

kevin_trinh

Why do you care if a game is AAA or BBB? As long as a game is giving you entertainment, that's all that matters, right? Or do you only eat at the fanciest, classiest restaurants because you think they make the best tasting food? Do you not eat at an average or small place that has great food?

giphy.gif
I'm talking about Platinum, not Astral Chain. AAA game is much much bigger than AA, that's why manage them is bigger problem. You can enjoy whatever u want, does not change the fact that P* is shit when its come to AAA game. Do i enjoy AAA more than small game? Yes, definitely . Do they need to make AAA game only, ofcoz not. They dont need to and they can't make them anyway

Last edited:
Top Bottom