• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At gunpoint: Super Paper Mario or Super Mario Galaxy

I mean, what if SPM ends up being a be-all, end-all 2.5D classic?

I understand the lust for a true successor to the Mario 64 crown as far as 3d goes, but I think most people would agree that a well done 2D Mario platformer is about as good as gaming can get.

manxor

Mario Galaxy...
The last vid I saw with gameplay made me realize how much FUN it's going to be. Potentially, 'Mario 64' FUN. I'm very curious about this game now.
I think it's my #1 Wii-wanted game.

Ned Flanders said:

It just means that it wouldn't be as good as Galaxy if it turns out to be as good as M64. And that's what it's looking like it will be.

TreIII

SPM.

Galaxy looks like fun, but I could never say no to a 2D-style Mario game...plus, it would have playable Bowser, and that's a definitive plus in my eyes. Bowser needs his OWN game, dammit...

SolidSnakex said:
It just means that it wouldn't be as good as Galaxy if it turns out to be as good as M64. And that's what it's looking like it will be.

Well I'm hoping that both occur and that everyone's a winner. SPM ends up a Yoshi's Island-caliber classic with an innovative twist on the legendary gameplay, and SMG eclipses Mario 64 as the greatest 3d platformer ever..

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
TreIII said:
SPM.

Galaxy looks like fun, but I could never say no to a 2D-style Mario game...plus, it would have playable Bowser, and that's a definitive plus in my eyes. Bowser needs his OWN game, dammit...

super-paper-mario-20060713060736340.jpg

8 Bit Bowser FTFW!

arab

I would like to know the situation in which I am held at gun point and my life depends on choosing videogames.

White Man

Ned Flanders said:

I understand the lust for a true successor to the Mario 64 crown as far as 3d goes, but I think most people would agree that a well done 2D Mario platformer is about as good as gaming can get.

Then why did so many ntards hate on the awesome NSMB?

loosus

Banned
White Man said:
Then why did so many ntards hate on the awesome NSMB?
Because they are generally considered the dumbest race of the face of the planet!

New Super Mario Bros. was rox.

Top Bottom