• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At gunpoint: Super Paper Mario or Super Mario Galaxy

Galaxy. Really does something new and I'm a sucker for outer space. It being really fun, polished, and unique at E3 also earns it mega bonus points.

While I'm excited for Super Paper Mario, it seems to me that it is what NSMB on DS should have been. By the way, can anyone else believe we're getting four new, major Mario platformers in approximately 1 year? First was NSMB, up next are Yoshi's Island 2 and Paper Mario, and then Super Mario Galaxy.

AndoCalrissian said:
Galaxy. Really does something new and I'm a sucker for outer space. It being really fun, polished, and unique at E3 also earns it mega bonus points.

While I'm excited for Super Paper Mario, it seems to me that it is what NSMB on DS should have been. By the way, can anyone else believe we're getting four new, major Mario platformers in approximately 1 year? First was NSMB, up next are Yoshi's Island 2 and Paper Mario, and then Super Mario Galaxy.
Yea, it's pretty ****ing awesome. And the great thing is, they're varied offerings.

Jiggy

Super Paper Mario no doubt.

1) It's 2D and I have an agenda.
2) The best 3D Mario game was exactly equally as good as the worst 2D Mario game by my reckoning.
3) More playable characters.
4) Supporting Super Paper Mario means supporting Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would get Galaxy. No ****ing contest.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Impossible to decide, assuming that all RPG elements have been removed from SPM, and that SMG is more than tiny planet hopping. (I want bigger MUCH planets that what we've seen).

At gunpoint, I'd say SMG first. I can go back sometime later and get SPM.

If I wanted an RPG, IS would win. But come on. Isn't this the first time they've made a straight up platformer?

I'm looking forward to Super Paper Mario, but I don't see it as a top tier title.

Amir0x

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
If I wanted an RPG, IS would win. But come on. Isn't this the first time they've made a straight up platformer?

I'm looking forward to Super Paper Mario, but I don't see it as a top tier title.

Super Paper Mario is the definition of a 'top tier title.' Intelligent Systems only makes 100% AAA titles.

Endgegner

This is a question like, if you had 2 kids but only one could survive, which one would you choose.

Pull the trigger

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'd definately get Galaxy, Miyamoto I trust in. But I prefer not having to choose and therefore getting Super Mario Galaxy, Yoshis Island 2 AND Super Paper Mario :).

mikeGFG

Banned
Super Paper Mario, for sure.

Galaxy doesn't do a thing for me. Not too sure why I need a cursor in my platformer.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Galaxy, but I wouldn't say no to an IS game either since they were like the best internal group at Nintendo this past generation.

typhonsentra said:
Is neither an option?
No, the last option is: I hate video games.

Kroole

Galaxy by a longshot. It actually looks fun just by judging from the videos and that's something SMS never did.

MaddenNFL64

Galaxy. I've seen that small demo enough to know the game will rox. I hope we get bigger planets in some parts... The background of Galaxy shows alot of stuff, so i'm guessing we're going to see alot of it.

Top Bottom